Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wilner: B12 and P12 will likely compete for 4th CFB playoff spot.

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
It's before early, but...
* If we assume the Pac-12 champion is not undefeated …

* And if we assume Alabama wins the SEC with fewer than two losses …

* And if we assume Florida State/Clemson wins the ACC with fewer than two losses …

* And if we assume Michigan State/Ohio State wins the Big Ten with fewer than two losses …

Then the Pac-12 champion could very well be competing with the Big 12 champion for the final playoff berth.

(Notre Dame and/or Houston might be involved, as well, but that’s for another time.)
Story. Seems a little far-fetched at this point that any P12 or B12 team other than Furd or Oklahomo could make a playoff game competitive.

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Pup REPEATEDLY warned this would happen before playoff started. Specifically and repeatedly warned ND and Texas would keep UW out of playoff. Or Stanford as we've already seen. Someone saved Pup's prophecies. Quite frankly im brilliant. Playing out EXACTLY how I said it would.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pup REPEATEDLY warned this would happen before playoff started. Specifically and repeatedly warned ND and Texas would keep UW out of playoff. Or Stanford as we've already seen. Someone saved Pup's prophecies. Quite frankly im brilliant. Playing out EXACTLY how I said it would.

Texas and Notre Dame aren't going to sniff the playoffs.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Doesnt necessarily mean THIS year. Means every year until we move to 6 or 8 teams. im more worried about next year. But if you think ND is out of playoff this year u b kinda dumb. Oh, also a little early to call anything in the big12.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Maybe you should dig up these posts of things you prophecized every once in awhile? Instead of waiting for something to happen to only jump in and go "see I told you this would happen"

Oh wait it's because you didn't actually say any of those things.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Stanford kept Stanford out last year.

But still.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2016
    HuskyJW said:

If Houston keeps winning the Pac 12 is f-ed

Plagerism.shit.fucko
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It's really too early to tell ... Alabama's basically already assumed to be in but 4 of their 5 most difficult games are on the road.

There's a good chance that this is the year of absolute carnage and drives home the all conference winners need to be in the playoff discussion.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

It's really too early to tell ... Alabama's basically already assumed to be in but 4 of their 5 most difficult games are on the road.

There's a good chance that this is the year of absolute carnage and drives home the all conference winners need to be in the playoff discussion.

Except one of the conference winners will probably be 9-4 because of a title game upset.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

We have all the screenshots we need.
    Puppy's always right
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Except one of the conference winners will probably be 9-4 because of a title game upset.
    I don't care if a team is 9-4 ... I would rather the instance where that team is in and has to win 3 games versus the present scenario where a conference champ is arbitrarily chosen as being out and not given the chance on the field
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I don't care if a team is 9-4 ... I would rather the instance where that team is in and has to win 3 games versus the present scenario where a conference champ is arbitrarily chosen as being out and not given the chance on the field
    If you want all conference champs, you have to go to at least a 12 team playoff.

I'm ok with that.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

If you want all conference champs, you have to go to at least a 12 team playoff.

I'm ok with that.
    16 is the correct number. Every conference champ gets in, plus what, 5 at large teams. Seed them and play it out.

The lower divisions get this right. Unfortunately the FBS is too tied to the dreckfest bowel system to do what's right. In that event, this is the best system. 8 fixes nothing IMO.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Jesus.
  • Options
    16 is too many IMO because it devalues the regular season. I'm not entirely sure about 12 for the same reasons.

Here's how I see 8:

5 conference winners = automatic bids
    1 non Power 5 = automatic bid
    2 at large bids --> covers any independents like Notre Dame assuming that they stay out of full fledge ACC membership

You could argue that by keeping only 1 bid for the non-power 5 that that's limiting but you'd have very few instances IMO where you can make an argument for 2. It also will encourage top end non-power 5 teams to actually test themselves in the non-conference to increase their quality of schedule ... that's good for college football IMO. In the few instances where you do have two top end non power 5 teams (take the year that Boise and TCU played in the Fiesta Bowl), they will be covered by the remaining at large bids. Likwise, it will encourage teams to pay less attention to these shit non-conference games and instead focusing on increasing the quality of their opposition to help differentiate themselves.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doesnt necessarily mean THIS year. Means every year until we move to 6 or 8 teams. im more worried about next year. But if you think ND is out of playoff this year u b kinda dumb. Oh, also a little early to call anything in the big12.
    Notre Dame won't make the playoff. Hth.