Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Holy fuck

2»

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,744 Swaye's Wigwam

It's pretty pathetic Sark has players from the team speak in front of everyone about what a great job he is doing. Seems very egotistical and I wonder if coaches who are actually great do the same thing. I doubt it. Oh well, as long as he wins, I don't give a fuck what Sark does.

I doubt Sark told him to praise him. He probably just asked the 5th year senior to give his thoughts.

• chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

It's pretty pathetic Sark has players from the team speak in front of everyone about what a great job he is doing. Seems very egotistical and I wonder if coaches who are actually great do the same thing. I doubt it. Oh well, as long as he wins, I don't give a fuck what Sark does.

He not only trots them out to praise him, but also has his PR flack Greg"g" Bell write this paean about him. Gross.

To have this written BEFORE our first test of whether UW has arrived is not inspiring confidence.

Sark should have told Greg+g to blow him AFTER a win at Stanford. Not a second before.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I doubt Sark told him to praise him. He probably just asked the 5th year senior to give his thoughts.

When Sark tells Sham to talk about what it was like in 2009 to what it is like now, what can you expect? There's nothing he can say except to praise Sark. They are going to look very fucking stupid if they get plungered and go 8-5 or 7-6.

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    If only Shamburger could learn to tackle, but alas he's a senior and his window of opportunity has virtually ran out.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    This is setting up to be a full unlubed plunger rape on Saturday.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    I'm blown away by how much equity we still have with the national media - ESPN talking heads in particular. They seriously cannot wait for us to return to relevancy.

You could hear it in Rece Davis' voice last year. He was stoked we beat Stanfraud (lol).

They have been trying to announce our return for years. Let's finally make it happen.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650

I'm blown away by how much equity we still have with the national media - ESPN talking heads in particular. They seriously cannot wait for us to return to relevancy.

You could hear it in Rece Davis' voice last year. He was stoked we beat Stanfraud (lol).

They have been trying to announce our return for years. Let's finally make it happen.

I agree. UW has been overrated in the media for years, which only goes to show how inept our leadership has really been.

Either that or how worthless FREE PUB really is.

Abundance?

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club

If that happens, I'll get up in front of people and tell them I think Sark is as awesome as an endless supply of Nacho platters.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    Passion said:

With the amount of shit this team is talking relative to what it has actually achieved, a 65-21 comeuppance is due.

seriously.

actually accomplish something of note before popping off
    I need to see a championship.
    Only Sith speak in absolutes.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,967
    Could care less if the players are praising him, but I'd feel better if the players were saying "we are improving but we still have lots of room for improvement" followed by things like pointing out they still are penalized too much instead of contradicting simple facts. Never here teams like Alabama say everything is grand until after they've won their last game...
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Could care less if the players are praising him, but I'd feel better if the players were saying "we are improving but we still have lots of room for improvement" followed by things like pointing out they still are penalized too much instead of contradicting simple facts. Never here teams like Alabama say everything is grand until after they've won their last game...

You could care less? So you're saying you care? Since you could care less, that means you still have some care that you could give. I don't get your post based on your care level.
    Tailgater said:

If only Shamburger could learn to tackle, but alas he's a senior and his window of opportunity has virtually ran out.

You either have not watched the games or your eyes no longer work. He's played really well. I'm sure he has missed an occasional tackle, but I can't recall any notable ones that hurt us.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,092 Founders Club
    edited October 2013
    Saban was pissed after boat racing Notre Dame
    This thread needed to be bumped.
  • Let's check back on Sunday Oct 13th and see if they still have that article.

This will article will be fun to post after next years 4-0 start to remind dumb fuck Doogs about lather, rinse, repeat.

I'm sure you can find some good quotes when UW was 5-1 two years ago heading to Stanford as well.
    Just going to hand the ball to the ref right now and say nothing.

• DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    edited November 2013
    This is from early October when 2013 was still special. If anything, this should highlight that Sark has let his players down too. Poor ol' Shamburger honestly thought that the team was finally more disciplined.

What he got was a coach who doesn't think penalties are a big deal, and a team that averages 8.1 penalties per game (121st in the country), and they cost an average of 73.7 yards per game (120th in the country).

I'd be interested in hearing his thoughts updated. I wonder if he thinks it's bad luck, or finally realizes that Sark is a fraud.

“From my freshman year to now, we weren’t a very disciplined team. We weren’t taking the coaching like we needed to be taking the coaching,” Shamburger told his teammates Monday in the team meeting room of the new football operations building beneath the west end of Husky Stadium. “But now, year by year by year, everyone is taking in what Coach Sark is saying, what the position coaches are saying. Everyone is now accountable. Everyone is on one page, as a collective group.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Sark taught them how to eat and dress? Maybe he can hire Derek Dooley Jerry Sandusky to teach them how to take showers and they'll be good to go.