Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW #8 in AP Poll

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    AEB said:

AEB said:

There's some grade inflation for sure... the setup for the Stanford game is great. They play SC at home and then travel to play UCLA before flying to Seattle on a short week. That's a pounding.

You may not have noticed, but USC and UCLA are terrible.
    I thought the whole of the Pac was terrible, right? Stanford looked marginal at best against K-State. Shit, I'm perfectly content being the tallest midget.
    Looking marginal is better than getting beat by Black Sark or getting plungered by Bama.

UW might be the tallest midget this year.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,904
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I don't give up on coaches after 18 or 19 games. Well, I think I gave up on Gilby after the Notre Dame game actually.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

AEB said:

AEB said:

There's some grade inflation for sure... the setup for the Stanford game is great. They play SC at home and then travel to play UCLA before flying to Seattle on a short week. That's a pounding.

I thought the whole of the Pac was terrible, right? Stanford looked marginal at best against K-State. Shit, I'm perfectly content being the tallest midget.
    Looking marginal is better than getting beat by Black Sark or getting plungered by Bama.

The Rutgers game was timed perfectly. Kickoff was at 2pm ET out here, writers watched the first quarter romperstomper, John Ross show, and the D delivered as advertised. They flipped to LSU/Wisco after the first quarter. Votes cast. No discussion of Nick Harris, DJ Beavers, Psalms, etc.
  • Options
    AEB said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

The Rutgers game was timed perfectly. Kickoff was at 2pm ET out here, writers watched the first quarter romperstomper, John Ross show, and the D delivered as advertised. They flipped to LSU/Wisco after the first quarter. Votes cast. No discussion of Nick Harris, DJ Beavers, Psalms, etc.
    Anyone who watched the scrimmage instead of Houston v Oklahoma should be set on fire.
  • Options
    Founders Club

AEB said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

Anyone who watched the scrimmage instead of Houston v Oklahoma should be set on fire.
    The Petersen hype machine is rolling. There is a marginal interest in seeing if UW is worth more than a skidmark. Of the major hyped teams coming into the year, UW had arguably the best week one.
  • Options
    AEB said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

The Petersen hype machine is rolling. There is a marginal interest in seeing if UW is worth more than a skidmark. Of the major hyped teams coming into the year, UW had arguably the best week one.
    CHRIST.

It was a scrimmage.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

but how is boobs a tryhard sperglord?

The people saying that a win over Rutgers means anything are the tryhards
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Didn't we? Get curbstomped by Beavis when we? were ranked #8 in 2001?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

AEB said:

AEB said:

Beat Kstate by 13, nothing else matters.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

No. We're suffering from grade inflation for sure, but to dismiss the game as a scrimmage is equally idiotic. Tennessee nearly lost to App State (that's what they call it in northern Carolina), dropped 9 spots, and media locally is trying to say App State is a lot better than you think. It's all bullshit but The game mattered. UW delivered on the hype and was rewarded in the polls. Now all those recruits are seeing the #8 ranking too. That matters.

The next two weeks should be spent running 34 power and slugos. Nothing shown just working on executing basic plays and building depth.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,600
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

LawDawg1 said:

Gonna be hilarious when we lose to Portland State on a missed 30 yard field goal as time expires with 20k doogs in attendance

We?
    Im on the team
    Are you Jack Brownig?
  • Options
    AEB said:

Gladstone said:

No. We're suffering from grade inflation for sure, but to dismiss the game as a scrimmage is equally idiotic. Tennessee nearly lost to App State (that's what they call it in northern Carolina), dropped 9 spots, and media locally is trying to say App State is a lot better than you think. It's all bullshit but The game mattered. UW delivered on the hype and was rewarded in the polls. Now all those recruits are seeing the #8 ranking too. That matters.

The next two weeks should be spent running 34 power and slugos. Nothing shown just working on executing basic plays and building depth.
    It's great that UW took care of business. It didn't prove that the Huskies are ready to contend though because Rutgers is trash.

By the way, the polls don't matter. Winning your conference without shitting yourself along the way matters.
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Too many Sark players for #8. Not buying it.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,600
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Didn't you just conclude that we might be the tallest midget? After one game?

Which is it?
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    H_D said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

This may be the closest thing to a @TierbsHsotBoobs positive endorsement of the UW program in the history of the HHB.
    I'm surprised to see him up vote posts that say we should be going 13-0.

The old boobs would've wtfed it because there's no chance 13-0 is happening, regardless if they're just expectations.

At this rate he's going to be up voting offseason progress reports. Makes me sick