Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coogfarm takeaways

Comments

• Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

But is anyone saying "I Love Gabe Marks"?

Second-team all Big Sky receiver Gabe Marks?
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    EWU will go 8-4, or 9-3. They are offensively impressive.
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Agree. Grinch really got exposed last night for his inability to prepare his defense and make in-game adjustments. Don't get me wrong, I still support Grinch. I think he did a great job last year. But the product he put on the field last night was sub par at best. How Kupp EVER ran free is unbelievable and inexcusable. Why he didn't blitz an EWU line that not one single guy had a start is an absolute travesty. Tackling, well that was a complete joke. It's probably time our D coaches spend less time on Twitter making childish videos and more time watching film and identifying and developing a solid game plan. I'll be in Boise next week...god I hope we improve or it'll be a long night! Rypien will destroy the defense that played last night.

We'll beat Boise, lose to Idaho, run the table through the south, lose to cal, osu, Oregon, Stanford, and then ruin UWs legit run through the pac12. Excluding a pac12 team from the playoff, as it should be. It's the skript.
  • Options
    CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 282
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Put my Cougs in a Las Vegas Bowl and I am there. But Leach is now 0-5 in Coug season openers and beginning a season as the conference punchline is about par.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

A lot of FCS teams won or came close this weekend. I wonder if the kids in the "elite" programs are getting softer now-a-days with all their pampered nonsense and the kids in the FCS are getting tougher and playing with something to prove. It seems like the gap is pretty small between levels, especially at the start of the season when depth isn't an issue.

I didn't get a chance to watch, but I heard both the Ohio State and Michigan games were much closer than the final scores.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

As embarrassing as it is for the Cougs to drop a game to an FCS school two years in a row....Easterns QB and Kupp are both damn good football players. Lots of FBS defenses would struggle to defend them -QB was on the money all night throwing daggers and dropping dimes. They are gonna tear up their conference.

Weird, I think that was taken verbatim from Dawgman after the Vernon Adams game two years ago.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,288
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    doogie said:

Leach said in his press conference, "Their first line guys are just as good as our front line guys"

Which begs the question "Since their front line guys are from the State of Washington, why didnt you recruit them to WSU?"

and the followup, "is it safe then to say, their front line guys are better coached?"

It's comforting to know that an annual $15 million deficit in the WSU athletic department attracts 'as good as' talent.

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2016
    It's sad to see the losing coach owns a 5 year rollover contract.

It appears Washington taxpayers are subsidizing the wrong coach.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Baseman said:

A lot of FCS teams won or came close this weekend. I wonder if the kids in the "elite" programs are getting softer now-a-days with all their pampered nonsense and the kids in the FCS are getting tougher and playing with something to prove. It seems like the gap is pretty small between levels, especially at the start of the season when depth isn't an issue.

I didn't get a chance to watch, but I heard both the Ohio State and Michigan games were much closer than the final scores.
    They were a couple plays away from losing.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

It's sad to see the losing coach owns a 5 year rollover contract.

It appears Washington taxpayers are subsidizing the wrong coach.

Depends on your perspective. 45-10 and a broken Marks says otherwise.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

As embarrassing as it is for the Cougs to drop a game to an FCS school two years in a row....Easterns QB and Kupp are both damn good football players. Lots of FBS defenses would struggle to defend them -QB was on the money all night throwing daggers and dropping dimes. They are gonna tear up their conference.

re: Gage Gubrud

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/187447/gage-gubrud

Pretty much every school missed on him. Was headed to Linfield until EWU offered late.

Note: Gubrud changed his number from 5 to 8 this year. He grew up a Duck fan (Mom and Dad are from Eugene, his uncle played safety for the Ducks). Who was number 8 for Oregon? Mariota.

Prediction: Look for Gubrud to finish school early at EWU and grad transfer to Eugene. You heard it here first.