Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Arizona State's New Black Helmet with Crazy Flames (to debut Saturday against Notre Dame)

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
need to DIAFF... literally and figuratively.

Comments

• PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,477
    This thread is worthless without pics.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,764 Swaye's Wigwam
    Asu completely fucked up their rebranding, christ.
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    ASU is really just a glorified community college (like WSU).

Those helmets prove it.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    ASU is really just a glorified community college (like WSU).

Jesus, these things should die in a dumpster fire on Colorado St

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    I'm closing to seriously disliking football in this age. I don't like the fancy unifoams. First of all, the shiny gold helmets from last week were too fucking bright. They looked like they were wearing goddamn christmas tree lights. Next complaint: the fucking endless propaganda on the jumbotron about the University of Washington. Personally I don't give a fuck. Fine the UW PHysicians are world class. Go fuck yourselves. I don't care who fucking played volleyball ten years ago. Then there is the endless advertisements flashing on and off. At least 10+ years ago you just had a sign, like Safeco or Seafirst, and it just stood there doing sweet fuck all nothing. it didn't fucking blink or make noise. OK, so there is a picture of George Wilson. That's good. I liked that. Of course, this world class institution learned at some point that he drank himself to death, I believe, and was found dead on a dock in San Francisco. Why don't they put that up on the motherfucking jumbotron with all the rest of the propaganda.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

I'm closing to seriously disliking football in this age. I don't like the fancy unifoams. First of all, the shiny gold helmets from last week were too fucking bright. They looked like they were wearing goddamn christmas tree lights. Next complaint: the fucking endless propaganda on the jumbotron about the University of Washington. Personally I don't give a fuck. Fine the UW PHysicians are world class. Go fuck yourselves. I don't care who fucking played volleyball ten years ago. Then there is the endless advertisements flashing on and off. At least 10+ years ago you just had a sign, like Safeco or Seafirst, and it just stood there doing sweet fuck all nothing. it didn't fucking blink or make noise. OK, so there is a picture of George Wilson. That's good. I liked that. Of course, this world class institution learned at some point that he drank himself to death, I believe, and was found dead on a dock in San Francisco. Why don't they put that up on the motherfucking jumbotron with all the rest of the propaganda.

I actually liked the chrome helmuts, and the all purple unis. Didn't expect to like either on the field. Maybe it was the rain, but I thought they looked great.

I'm with you on most of the rest of this, but it's not going away anytime soon.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,863 Founders Club
    Re; George Wilson...an old-time booster once told me a great story... The 1959 Huskies were in Southern California for the Rose Bowl. Wilson greeted the team in the locker room. Wilson had been battling alcoholism and had been homeless. He was shocked when the current players were excited to see him and had heard stories about him. The booster said he was all smiles that day.

He died about three years later.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,141 Founders Club

Re; George Wilson...an old-time booster once told me a great story... The 1959 Huskies were in Southern California for the Rose Bowl. Wilson greeted the team in the locker room. Wilson had been battling alcoholism and had been homeless. He was shocked when the current players were excited to see him and had heard stories about him. The booster said he was all smiles that day.

He died about three years later.

Had they heard stories about him being a homeless alcoholic? That's nothing to get excited about.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Somebody was complaining last week that my rants were no good, so I put a little extra into this one. Well, maybe it was a bit much. Still, it would be better to just have a football game instead of a football game + endless distractions. I know, I know,.... the fancy uniforms... the recruits love them.... I know, I know.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    No, no, the rant was awesome. Please keep them coming.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam

I can't believe it hasn't occurred to me before but this should be the HHB adopted team with these helmets for an extremely obvious reason.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    AZDuck said:

ASU walked away from one of the best mascots/logos in college sports:

+1