Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kind of Mid-Term Assistant Coach Grades

SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam
A lot of water is wet stuff and kind of not fair since we're only 4 games in and so far we've played a down BSU, a shitty Indian team, The ISU Puppy Loves, and an Arizona team with my neighbors high school kid as QB, but I'd like to get your take:

Offense

OC/Wide Receiver: Kiesau A-
I think this is actually an understated and great off season move. Kiesau had a good rep as as WR coach. I'm seeing great routes, great hands, and big time blocking.

TE: Paopao C-
Decent blocking but non-existent otherwise. Realize a function of play calling but alarmed they've been a non-factor.

OL/Run Game: Cozetto B-/C+
Was going to grade lower but we are improved and have the best rusher in the nation. KP actually has time to throw. However the holding calls are atrocious.

Defense

Coordinator: Wilcox A-
Solid esp with lack of depth upfront.

DL: Tipou B-
Shelton is looking like a first round run stuffer. Concerned about lack of development of key recruits. Graded him up for landing Predator.

Linebackers: Sirmon. A
2 reasons for the high grade. Development of Timu/Princeton Tiger and discipline in assignments. Solid. Predator is a God

DB: Hayward: A
Complete stud. If I had a womb I'd have his children.

ST: Nansen. B+
This went from a huge liability to a solid unit. No complaints.

Enough doogin' Where do I need to DIAF?

Comments

• jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    I'm disappointed to see that we fired Lupoi and hired Tipou. I thought Tosh was doing a pretty decent job. I think the Paopao grade is low. It's not his fault ASJ got suspended and out of shape. No real arguments other than that. DIAFF anyway tho.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited October 2013
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    Is there a translated version on google? I would like to read it in english before I comment.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    Offense

OC/Wide Receiver: Kiesau A-
    I think this is actually an understated and great off season move. Kiesau had a good rep as as WR coach. I'm seeing great routes, great hands, and big time blocking.

I think Kiesau is a good WR coach. The Cal WRs were pretty good under him and our WRs seem drastically improved. I suspect his role as an OC is pretty much non-existent but as a position coach I'd give him an A.

TE: Paopao C-
    Decent blocking but non-existent otherwise. Realize a function of play calling but alarmed they've been a non-factor.

Is it is fault ASJ is out of shape? If so then fail... otherwise whatever... I didn't even know we had a TE coach.

OL/Run Game: Cozetto B-/C+
    Was going to grade lower but we are improved and have the best rusher in the nation. KP actually has time to throw. However the holding calls are atrocious.

I think our offense is geared towards masking our OL deficiencies. Evaluating the OL is probably my biggest weakness as armchair coach though and things are improved... I will reserve judgement until we give up a dozen sacks in the next two weeks

Defense

Coordinator: Wilcox A-
    Solid esp with lack of depth upfront.

Yup

DL: Tipou B-
    Shelton is looking like a first round run stuffer. Concerned about lack of development of key recruits. Graded him up for landing Predator.

I admit I am concerned and surprised. Cal's DL was always top notch. With Shelton you'd think we could have a second DT look good by association but no... B- is maybe fair... maybe high... I could see B- to D+ range... I am beginning to wonder if Tosh is better at coaching up DEs than DTs...

Linebackers: Sirmon. A
    2 reasons for the high grade. Development of Timu/Princeton Tiger and discipline in assignments. Solid. Predator is a God

Oh yeah

DB: Hayward: A
    Complete stud. If I had a womb I'd have his children.

See above

ST: Nansen. B+
    This went from a huge liability to a solid unit. No complaints.

I am not sure what he really does. I think everyone has a hand in ST but I guess he must deserve some credit for this...

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    I blame the head coach and I give him credit. Sark has to get a good grade for getting to 4-0 even though it was expected and for some notable improvement. We'll rip him to shreds if they lose the next three. Throw the dawg a bone
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    Gotta give the TE coach credit though for pulling Josh Perkins out of his ass as a decent backup and possible future starter. It's hard to blame him for ASJ not getting many passes. ASJ's blocking has looked better this year. Does Hartvigson still play or is he sharing a locker with Tupou and Finau?
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    I left the QB coach off the OP.

Tui A
    Keith Price is the best player on the field. 'Nuff said about that.

Course he could bare pickle my gal and give her the herp and I'd still give him an A cuz he's well, Tui.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    As I said before the season, if this D staff stays together they will build a top 10 defense. Sark is lucky UW decided to give a damn and pursue the best assistants (on defense) at all costs. Otherwise his career would have faded.

Its a shame the previous DL recruiting was so bad. Imagine if they got Scott Chricton and DeAndre Coleman. It would be a top 10 D this season.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd be pretty pissed about the herp
    -Koop'sbitch
    ^^^this last post for reals. Bitch Six saw this on my phone and decided to be funny. Don't leave the iPhone out when you drop a deuce fellas.
  • koopdog said:

^^^this last post for reals. Bitch Six saw this on my phone and decided to be funny. Don't leave the iPhone out when you drop a deuce fellas.

Nude pics of her or its all a lie.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    You can't put a grade on Paopao. He's irrelevant. Cozzetto coaches the blocking schemes and Sark and Kiesau coach the passing game. Paopao is just another voice. He's a glorified graduate assistant.

You can't put a grade on Paopao. He's irrelevant. Cozzetto coaches the blocking schemes and Sark and Kiesau coach the passing game. Paopao is just another voice. He's a glorified graduate assistant.

Probably true. But. ASJ being this out if shape is f'ed up
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
    koopdog said:

Funny stuff, but lrn2password
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club

koopdog said:

Nude pics of her or its all a lie.
    This.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club

As I said before the season, if this D staff stays together they will build a top 10 defense. Sark is lucky UW decided to give a damn and pursue the best assistants (on defense) at all costs. Otherwise his career would have faded.

Its a shame the previous DL recruiting was so bad. Imagine if they got Scott Chricton and DeAndre Coleman. It would be a top 10 D this season.

Awefully warm for not having played the defenses that killed them before. Im hearing the first highly paid defensive staff was the best. Who are you crediting for this one? Pool boy?
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

Awefully warm for not having played the defenses that killed them before. Im hearing the first highly paid defensive staff was the best. Who are you crediting for this one? Pool boy?
    Yes, some difficult opponents coming up. If the D fares relatively well it could finish the season in the top 20. If not, could be similar to last year.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Yes, some difficult opponents coming up. If the D fares relatively well it could finish the season in the top 20. If not, could be similar to last year.
    Either way it will be interesting.

Thanks Kim.