Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Archie Manning

In 1969 vs Alabama, Archie Manning threw for 436yds, and scampered for 104yds. Was a record for 4 decades ESPN claims. Did Tui's approx 300/200 break that?? Leave it to ESPN to embellish a story no matter the circumstances, but either way, during that era, that's an incredible statistic. Wow! Ole' Miss lost the game, but clearly it east Archie's fault!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2013
    SEC BIAS!!!1!! ES(EC)PN LOL!!!

Also, your post managed to go all over the map in just 5 sentences. New site record.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    436+104=540 > 302+207=509
  • In 1969 vs Alabama, Archie Manning threw for 436yds, and scampered for 104yds. Was a record for 4 decades ESPN claims. Did Tui's approx 300/200 break that?? Leave it to ESPN to embellish a story no matter the circumstances, but either way, during that era, that's an incredible statistic. Wow! Ole' Miss lost the game, but clearly it east Archie's fault!

If he was let's say black, Hugh Millen would have blamed him.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    dnc said:

That's why I said approxi dingus. I pull everything from my head, where most of you fucks rush to Google for everything that's football related. The question, and a good one, is who beat his record?
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    2009, 2010...who beat it? But the very fact it stood this long is amazing. But even more amazing, who threw for 400yds in the 60's?

dnc said:

That's why I said approxi dingus. I pull everything from my head, where most of you fucks rush to Google for everything that's football related. The question, and a good one, is who beat his record?
    I had it in my head that Tui just barely beat both 300 and 200. Yes, I verified it before I poasted, but I knew as soon as I saw your poast that Archie's 540 was more yards than Tui's day.

As for who beat it, I would say RG3 but that's just a WAG

• dnc said:

dnc said:

I had it in my head that Tui just barely beat both 300 and 200. Yes, I verified it before I poasted, but I knew as soon as I saw your poast that Archie's 540 was more yards than Tui's day.

Maybe Denard Robinson? He had some crazy ass games.

Although I think the answer is David Klinger of Houston since he had like 700 fucking yards passing in a game in the early 1990's.

Unless they meant you had to have rushed for some positive yards as well.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    I have that game on VHS, but trying to figure out the SP/LP/& EP modes. A T-180 VHS cassette in SP mode will record for 3 hours, in LP mode 6 hours, and in EP mode 9 hours. The longer you set your VCR record speeds at, (LP or EP mode) the picture and sound quality will not be as clear and sharp, as if you recorded on the SP mode?

Tracking is problem, how I convert to digital?

dnc said:

dnc said:

Maybe Denard Robinson? He had some crazy ass games.

Although I think the answer is David Klinger of Houston since he had like 700 fucking yards passing in a game in the early 1990's.

Unless they meant you had to have rushed for some positive yards as well.
    Pretty sure this particular record had to include 100 yards + rushing, otherwise Klinger, Ware, and Detmer all would have broken it multiple times.

I have that game on VHS, but trying to figure out the SP/LP/& EP modes. A T-180 VHS cassette in SP mode will record for 3 hours, in LP mode 6 hours, and in EP mode 9 hours. The longer you set your VCR record speeds at, (LP or EP mode) the picture and sound quality will not be as clear and sharp, as if you recorded on the SP mode?

Tracking is problem, how I convert to digital?

Harv help!

• Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited October 2013
    I was at this game. We lost 33 - 32.

This was the most heart breaking loss I've ever seen. Price losing in the Alamo bowl was almost as sad. I felt for Keith.