Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What will the doogs be saying at 4-3

UW is 4-0 right now so you're not allowed to say anything remotely suggesting that the dawgs might not be as good as Alabama or you are a miserable loser who just wants Sark to fail so you can be right. Despite being 4-0 for the first time in over a decade, UW's onfield performance has firmly cemented them as the 4th or 5th best looking team in the Pac with a country mile between them and Oregon/Stanford/UCLA.

It is likely that UW will lose @Stanford, Oregon, and @ASU. There is the possibility of a couple plungers in there as well. If 4-3 happens, what will be the doogs battle cry? Will the maintain their "We were expected to lose these games, what more do you want?" attitude. Will they start the"do you want Willingham back?" chant or will they simply devolve to their usual "why don't you try coaching the team" routine? If the dawgs can somehow win a few games in the coming weeks it will be interesting, and if they don't it will be interesting.

Comments

• "Look we just played three really good teams. At 0-12 in 2008 we would have killed to have played in these big games. Sark has this program turned around. We'll win out and go 9-3 and win the bowl game to be 10-3. Sometimes you have to face adversity before you can go forward. Don James didn't go undefeated every single season like some of you guys unrealistically expect.

To expect a Rose Bowl or a National Title every season after 0-12 is just ridiculous. Some of you guys really need to let it play out. We are lucky that Sark still coaches here and should be honored he took out us out of the 0-12 hole." - Kim
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,670 Founders Club

UW is 4-0 right now so you're not allowed to say anything remotely suggesting that the dawgs might not be as good as Alabama or you are a miserable loser who just wants Sark to fail so you can be right. Despite being 4-0 for the first time in over a decade, UW's onfield performance has firmly cemented them as the 4th or 5th best looking team in the Pac with a country mile between them and Oregon/Stanford/UCLA.

It is likely that UW will lose @Stanford, Oregon, and @ASU. There is the possibility of a couple plungers in there as well. If 4-3 happens, what will be the doogs battle cry? Will the maintain their "We were expected to lose these games, what more do you want?" attitude. Will they start the"do you want Willingham back?" chant or will they simply devolve to their usual "why don't you try coaching the team" routine? If the dawgs can somehow win a few games in the coming weeks it will be interesting, and if they don't it will be interesting.

You'll hear all those excuses.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    dnc said:

At the danger of sounding like a doog, what have you seen that establishes a cuntry mile between UW and UCLA? I'm as pro Mora as anyone anywhere, but IMO both teams have looked equally good/not yet great. What am I missing?

Mora is in year 2. Sark is in year 5. Mora is recruiting linemen like they are baseball cards. Sark avoids linemen like the plague. Even if things have looked comparable so far, they are not actually comparable.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    edited October 2013
    Mad_Son said:

dnc said:

At the danger of sounding like a doog, what have you seen that establishes a cuntry mile between UW and UCLA? I'm as pro Mora as anyone anywhere, but IMO both teams have looked equally good/not yet great. What am I missing?

Mora is in year 2. Sark is in year 5. Mora is recruiting linemen like they are baseball cards. Sark avoids linemen like the plague. Even if things have looked comparable so far, they are not actually comparable.

Jake Almighty. If the question is who would I rather have as my coach it's not even a debate.

That's not the question of this thread though. The question is which team is better this season, and I think it's very close. If I'm betting who has the better year I'll take UCLA but I don't think it's anywhere near a cuntry mile.

dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

dnc said:

Jake Almighty. If the question is who would I rather have as my coach it's not even a debate.

That's not the question of this thread though. The question is which team is better this season, and I think it's very close. If I'm betting who has the better year I'll take UCLA but I don't think it's anywhere near a cuntry mile.

I thought the question of this thread was judging Sark on the next two games =P

I am just saying arguments about the two teams looking similar this season look better on Mora than Sark. I haven't watched any UCLA games to compare so I do what I can.
    Mad_Son said:

dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

dnc said:

I am just saying arguments about the two teams looking similar this season look better on Mora than Sark. I haven't watched any UCLA games to compare so I do what I can.
    Ok, that is a different thread. This thread is about the field.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Mad_Son said:

dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

dnc said:

Well played.

Agree that any similarities between the two is better for Mora than Sark.

• drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    If we get to 4 and 3 they should say, "finally, the annual 3-game losing streak is over"
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,971 Swaye's Wigwam
    Gotta beat ASU. Doogs will defend losing to Stanford and the Ducks. People will be jumping ship and de-doogifying themselves if we lose to ASU. Not everyone, mind you, but many.
  • chuck said:

Gotta beat ASU. Doogs will defend losing to Stanford and the Ducks. People will be jumping ship and de-doogifying themselves if we lose to ASU. Not everyone, mind you, but many.

Doogs are fucking idiots. They will defend the coach until the bitter end.

The HHB iron laws are never wrong.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

D)all of the above

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    they would be right where LSU, Alabama, Georgia, TAMU and South Carolina would be under the same situation.;)
  • they would be right where LSU, Alabama, Georgia, TAMU and South Carolina would be under the same situation.;)

You are a dumb fuck! Not one of those schools would lose to ASU. Bama would probably be undefeated, I think Georgia and LSU could go 2-1 as well as TAMU. Only South Carolina would without a doubt be 1-2.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,670 Founders Club
    chuck said:

Yeah, this.

The more moderate Doogs will be pissed at 4-3.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Never hesitate to overload your wad before wasting it on another headliner (I like '50's talk, yes I do). UW won't be favored in either of the next two games and shouldn't be. Unless he shows more (probably a lot more) than he has thus far as a head coach, who could expect Sarkisian to manufacture an upset in either? Stanford and Oregon sit unchallenged atop the mediocre Pac-12. It may or may not be doog football, but focusing on our program again is getting easier.

ASU and the trip to Tempe is three weeks away. Anybody looking that far ahead should hold on to their wad a bit longer. For now, it's enough to say that the 2013 Huskies are improved with obvious potential to get better as the season progresses and except for Oregon should be expected to win all of their remaining home games,........ probably with more command of scoreboard results than we could have hoped for when the season began.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,141 Founders Club
    Tailgater said:

Never hesitate to overload your wad before wasting it on another headliner (I like '50's talk, yes I do). UW won't be favored in either of the next two games and shouldn't be. Unless he shows more (probably a lot more) than he has thus far as a head coach, who could expect Sarkisian to manufacture an upset in either? Stanford and Oregon sit unchallenged atop the mediocre Pac-12. It may or may not be doog football, but focusing on our program again is getting easier.

ASU and the trip to Tempe is three weeks away. Anybody looking that far ahead should hold on to their wad a bit longer. For now, it's enough to say that the 2013 Huskies are improved with obvious potential to get better as the season progresses and except for Oregon should be expected to win all of their remaining home games,........ probably with more command of scoreboard results than we could have hoped for when the season began.

Expect a message from PL_SS
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited October 2013
    Mad_Son said:

dnc said:

Amen.

From today's Seattle Times: Stanford and Oregon defensive lines are the best UW will see all season, Sarkisian said. “They’re really, really good,” he said of Stanford. “They’re big, they’re fast, they’re strong, they’re athletic. Don’t let them fool you — those Stanford D-linemen are athletic. You saw it last week” (with DE/OLB Trent Murphy returning an interception for a touchdown, as he did against UW last year).

Must be nice.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    "Shut the fuck up, duck"