Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

So rankings matter now?

I recall Sark, each time we briefly ascended into the top 25, saying that rankings don't matter, wins & losses matter, it's a distraction, blah blah blah.

Uh, well today he has said "we're a top 15 team" at least 10 times. He can't open his mouth without saying it. It's like he wants to squeeze every ounce of "top 15" sweetness out before we are smacked back into the also-rans. I feel as if he's savoring it, knowing we won't return for a long time.

Bring on the tree!

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Good point, but it is free pub and has a "nice" ring to it. He will be pushing all in....He is playing for a big pay day. I listened to the afternoon show on 710 and those bozos were saying the USC job is still a plum job.....uh NO SHIT.....though they said its not a Mt Rushmore job.....total clowns......

• If he keeps saying top 15 enough people will start the new narrative "Took them from 0-12 to top 15 in only five years" which will give him more money.

Sark has always been a good politician/sales man.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    edited October 2013
    Bellotti had Oregon in the top 15 on many occasions. He was still only a finger tip above mediocre.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

If he keeps saying top 15 enough people will start the new narrative "Took them from 0-12 to top 15 in only five years" which will give him more house money.

Moar money is already a foregone conclusion

• dnc said:

If he keeps saying top 15 enough people will start the new narrative "Took them from 0-12 to top 15 in only five years" which will give him more house money.

Moar money is already a foregone conclusion

When he gets his contract extension soon he'll literally be playing with House money.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    The doogs better cherish it. We keep it somewhat respectable against the tree, we can fall to like 22 or 23. Then after Oregon we won't sniff the top 25 until next year after we start 4-0 again against an even bigger joke of a schedule.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    When it helps Sark, rankings are important. When we aren't ranked, it's no big deal. Sark is a fucking politician, and a good one at that. He know what to say to get his loyal doogs fired up when needed, and he knows how to deflect heat if need be as well.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

The doogs better cherish it. We keep it somewhat respectable against the tree, we can fall to like 22 or 23. Then after Oregon we won't sniff the top 25 until next year after we start 4-0 again against an even bigger joke of a schedule.

If we beat ASU I bet we'll be ranked at 5-2.

Too bad I don't think we'll beat ASU.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club

When it helps Sark, rankings are important. When we aren't ranked, it's no big deal. Sark is a fucking politician, and a good one at that. He know what to say to get his loyal doogs fired up when needed, and he knows how to deflect heat if need be as well.

Kinda like recruiting rankings. When we get an ASJ, doogs yuck it up about getting a 5 star kid. When we get a Taylor Hindy, it's recruiting rankings don't matter because of Mason Foster. When we get a kid Scout ranks high and ESPN ranks low, it's "espn doesn't know what they're talking about." But then as soon as we get a kid ESPN ranks high, the doogs are the first ones to brag about getting an espn top 150 kid. Simply fucktarded.
    #dooglogicsuckswhoknew
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    I got all the screenshots that I need.