Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

LAWYER and HISTORY MAJOR who worked at EPA, one a Coug legend that killed Millions, endorse Hillary

HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,956
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
Always funny when a lawyer and a history major start hiding behind science, especially with the history of one of them. Specifically...

William Ruckelshaus, a lawyer and Coug legend:
http://ruckelshauscenter.wsu.edu/

Who as EPA administrator commissioned a study on the safety of DDT and then completely ignored it (in true scientific fashion) and banned DDT (and made himself the arbiter of appeals of the decision), a decision that lead to the death of at least 20 million children. And the scientific reason he gave for this "decision":

“The ultimate judgment [on DDT] remains political."

Sounds kinda OZONEfs...

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Well said. Not surprisingly ballfag missed the point
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2016
    Everything is better on Peyote.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    If you're gonna bash history majors, you won't last long here.
  • Options

But history majors are now scientists apparently...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You need to accept the fact that you're a moron and NOGAF about your stupid ideas.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2016
    You don't have to be a STEM major to understand and respect the scientific method, and understand leaders (and wannabe leaders) that do and don't understand the place of science in our national decision making.

And if you think we should still have DDT in our environment, then you should drink a gallon of it, light yourself on fire, and then fuck off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

You don't have to be a STEM major to understand and respect the scientific method, and understand leaders (and wannabe leaders) that do and don't understand the place of science in our national decision making.

And if you think we should still have DDT in our environment, then you should drink a gallon of it, light yourself on fire, and then fuck off.

You need to accept the fact that you're a moron and NOGAF about your stupid ideas.
  • Options

OZONE said:

Sounds like you do GAF about the ideas of the two (R) EPA leaders that label Trump a royal dumbfuck. But keep pretending you don't, while responding to the threads.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Sounds like you do GAF about the ideas of the two (R) EPA leaders that label Trump a royal dumbfuck. But keep pretending you don't, while responding to the threads.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    OZONE said:

You don't have to be a STEM major to understand and respect the scientific method

Do you have to be a STEM major to understand someone who threw out science for political reasons (such a Ruckelshaus) isn't the best person to listen to about who really knows anything about science?

Keeps slurping Hillary...

• Options

OZONE said:

You don't have to be a STEM major to understand and respect the scientific method

Do you have to be a STEM major to understand someone who threw out science for political reasons (such a Ruckelshaus) isn't the best person to listen to about who really knows anything about science?
    The entire world has banned DDT for agriculture use... be you want me to believe you, an anonymous poster on football message board, that they, and the EPA, and all of the scientists that supported the ban, were wrong.

Sure thing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DDT would stop Zika dead
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

The entire world has banned DDT for agriculture use... be you want me to believe you, an anonymous poster on football message board, that they, and the EPA, and all of the scientists that supported the ban, were wrong.

Sure thing.
    And don't forget the result of 20 million dead babies.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Sure thing.
    And don't forget the result of 20 million dead babies.
    Speaking of the average Hillary supporter...
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Sure thing.
    Its well-documented...I'd be lying if I thought it was my idea (maybe I should pull a Hillary and say I started it)?

And it is still used today...although most people went away from it because we tied our foreign aid to banning its use (and after time people have come up with alternatives).

But that still doesn't change the original throwing out of science for political reasons (i.e. the official science review concluded it was "not a carcinogenic hazard to man" and "not a mutagenic or teratogenic hazard to man" and "use of DDT under the regulations involved here do not have a deleterious effect on freshwater fish, estuarine organisms, wild birds or other wildlife"....not to mention the original falsified "science" and nutjob claims of Rachel Carson), and the fact you are quoting the lawyer that threw out science as a science expert for Hillary is just comedy.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,463
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Sure thing.
    Its well-documented...I'd be lying if I thought it was my idea (maybe I should pull a Hillary and say I started it)?

And it is still used today...although most people went away from it because we tied our foreign aid to banning its use (and after time people have come up with alternatives).

But that still doesn't change the original throwing out of science for political reasons (i.e. the official science review concluded it was "not a carcinogenic hazard to man" and "not a mutagenic or teratogenic hazard to man" and "use of DDT under the regulations involved here do not have a deleterious effect on freshwater fish, estuarine organisms, wild birds or other wildlife"....not to mention the original falsified "science" and nutjob claims of Rachel Carson), and the fact you are quoting the lawyer that threw out science as a science expert for Hillary is just comedy.
    Comedy and liberal thought are very similar.
  • Options

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Sure thing.

Whose official scientific review?

Were these the same types of industry experts that wanted us to believe for so many years that smoking is safe and good for our health?

BTW, the entire world banned DDT for agriculture use, not just those receiving aid from the USA.
  • Options
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Sure thing.

Whose official scientific review?

Were these the same types of industry experts that wanted us to believe for so many years that smoking is safe and good for our health?

BTW, the entire world banned DDT for agriculture use, not just those receiving aid from the USA.
    7 months of hearing, 125 witnesses, and 9,362 pages of testimony...all ignored by Ruckelshaus as he banned DDT and recommended the use of a much more toxic substances such as parathion.

Brilliant science...