Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Obamacare Website Quietly Deletes Reference to "Free Health Care"

Comments

• Single payer seems to be working well out here. But then again, the population is relatively wealthy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermont_health_care_reform

You also don't have racial minorities (which helps to explain the whole *wealth* thing).
    Spot on.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Single payer seems to be working well out here. But then again, the population is relatively wealthy.

You also don't have racial minorities (which helps to explain the whole *wealth* thing).
    Spot on.
    This why I always chuckle when the we see "rankings" of anything in the US vs. other nations such as Japan, Switzerland, Austria , Germany, etc. yes, let's compare math scores with Japan. All of the US vs a much smaller homogeneous country.
  • Single payer seems to be working well out here. But then again, the population is relatively wealthy.

Spot on.
    This why I always chuckle when the we see "rankings" of anything in the US vs. other nations such as Japan, Switzerland, Austria , Germany, etc. yes, let's compare math scores with Japan. All of the US vs a much smaller homogeneous country.
    You can't expect us to compete with Japan now that they're serious about math!
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037

Really? Give me an example of a truly free market that didn't last very long.

Open UW practices, Dawgman.com...

An asshole always, always ends things and takes away the free from the dumbs who believed in him.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    priapism said:

An asshole always, always ends things and takes away the free from the dumbs who believed in him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2GwrR-4Q9E
    edited October 2013
    priapism said:

So you don't have any examples?

priapism said:

HAHA, Right wing fanatics never believe or acknowledge that markets fail because of sociopaths…they just “correct”. Consequently, regulation is unnecessary, because everyone deep down is a good guy. Failed markets correct because the government steps in and bails out the failed market by insuring the losses are socialized out to everyone and by promising vast new regulation. Without regulation, these markets won’t correct.

CDOs, credit default swaps, bond rating agencies, insurance companies (AIG, etc.) basically anything in 2008.

Asset Management -> Madoff Investment Securities LLC, Stanford Financial Group

Tourist Industry for The Buddhas of Bamiwam

Iranian Nuclear energy program

Inevitably, all forms of Paper money...
    edited October 2013
    priapism said:

priapism said:

HAHA, Right wing fanatics never believe or acknowledge that markets fail because of sociopaths…they just “correct”. Consequently, regulation is unnecessary, because everyone deep down is a good guy. Failed markets correct because the government steps in and bails out the failed market by insuring the losses are socialized out to everyone and by promising vast new regulation. Without regulation, these markets won’t correct.

CDOs, credit default swaps, bond rating agencies, insurance companies (AIG, etc.) basically anything in 2008.

Right wing fanatics? Good Christ. Stop being a partisan fag. The fact you think a free market system = right wing fanatic speaks volumes.

So you don't have examples of free markets failing? You haven't given a single example of a free market failure. Clearly you have no understanding of financial markets. Madoff free market failure? Lol. Just stop. Here's a hint, when government steps in to rescue their fuck up, that isn't a free market. None of 2008 you listed were free market enterprises. Government handouts, government special favors, cronyism, corporatism, government policy, government intervention....certainly not free market principles.

Fiat money isn't an example of the free market, it's another example of government fuck up.

Hth

priapism said:

priapism said:

Right wing fanatics? Good Christ. Stop being a partisan fag. The fact you think a free market system = right wing fanatic speaks volumes.

So you don't have examples of free markets failing? You haven't given a single example of a free market failure. Clearly you have no understanding of financial markets. Madoff free market failure? Lol. Just stop. Here's a hint, when government steps in to rescue their fuck up, that isn't a free market. None of 2008 you listed were free market enterprises. Government handouts, government special favors, cronyism, corporatism, government policy, government intervention....certainly not free market principles.

Fiat money isn't an example of the free market, it's another example of government fuck up.

Hth
    You're very good at redefining...but it's inevitably a worthless cause. As I already stated before you did it, right-wingers always redefine that a market failure is a market "correction".

BTW, I'm merely a pretty, moderate fag.

So currencies are not exchanged on a free market?
    edited October 2013
    priapism said:

priapism said:

priapism said:

Hth
    You're very good at redefining...but it's inevitably a worthless cause. As I already stated before you did it, right-wingers always redefine that a market failure is a market "correction".

BTW, I'm merely a pretty, moderate fag.

So currencies are not exchanged on a free market?
    Currencies are exchanged on a highly regulated and government manipulated market. But that's not what you were referring to. You said "inevitably paper money". And I agree. Paper money would not exist on the free market. Fiat money, by definition, can't exist without government.

right wingers are not free market capitalists. They are political hacks, just like the "progressives". You try to turn the debate into a political one. A lot of people who know very little about economics try to frame the argument that way. You can't even grasp the concept of a free market.

You think you're pretty? Cool story bro.

HTH

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,859 Founders Club
    priapism said:

priapism said:

Basically caused by reactions to previous government regulations.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Tailgater said:

This Third World classification of access to our healthcare system is due primarily to two things:1) greed in the healthcare and insurance industries; and 2) the uninsured population in the USA that still must be cared for by hospitals and other providers passing on the cost to be paid for by the insured.
    Wrong on those counts. See SouthenDawg's post for further clarification.

If #2 were correct, we would see a dramatic reduction in costs when everyone has coverage. We have not, nor does anyone predict that taht will result in cost reduction for the average American.
    I don't know where you live, but Idaho doesn't have universal coverage and neither do many of the red states in America. SouthenDawg is an insurance industry propagandist and I wouldn't believe anything he posts of this subject. Idaho has come to their senses by eventually pushing aside the nullifiers and set-up the means through assistance from state agencies for people to buy insurance this coming month or the next. At present, the uninsured are still uninsured at least here any many other places such as Texas.

As for greed and cost, the American healthcare system comprised of providers and insurers is the epitome of why America's so-called free market economy is a myth and the alltime biggest con game ever perpetrated on the American people. The first part of any solution is to get rid of the healthcare insurance industry by outlawing it completely. The second then would be to take usury out of the healthcare provider system. Hospitals and clinics and the vast systems that own these institutions can be public non-profit or private for-profit, but they must not have IPO's and stockholders.

"Overall, the profit margin for health insurance companies was a modest 3.4 percent over the past year, according to data provided by Morningstar. That ranks 87th out of 215 industries and slightly above the median of 2.2 percent. By this measure, the most profitable industry over the past year has been beverages, with a 25.9 percent profit margin. Right behind that were healthcare real-estate trusts (firms that are basically the landlords for hospitals and healthcare facilities) and application-software (think Windows). The worst performer was copper, with a profit margin of minus 56.6 percent." 2009 US NEWS report

Them greedy SOB's!!! Damone is right, when he says health insurance should be a major medical plan.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    priapism said:

priapism said:

You're an idiot. AIG didn't go broke from the insurance market. AIG invested in the high risk mortgage backing like many banks including government agencies like Fanny Mae. Madoff? really...............
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I'd say Glass-Steagall was a good form of government intervention into the free-market.

Scoreboard don't lie.

I'd say Glass-Steagall was a good form of government intervention into the free-market.

Scoreboard don't lie.

Not really.

“Concentrated power is not rendered harmless by the good intentions of those who create it.”

Scoreboard don't lie.

Not really.

“Concentrated power is not rendered harmless by the good intentions of those who create it.”
    Cute quote.

Check the facts, doe.

Scoreboard don't lie.

Not really.

Cute quote.

Check the facts, doe.
    Um...yes..check the facts. Or do some analysis and research...

Scoreboard don't lie.

Not really.

Cute quote.

Check the facts, doe.
    I did, and I've made my ruling.

Did I stutter?

Scoreboard don't lie.

Not really.

Cute quote.

Check the facts, doe.
    I did, and I've made my ruling.

Did I stutter?
    Explain to me how GS would have saved AIG, Bear Stearns and Lehman. Let me help you...it wouldn't have. It might have prevented BofA from failing...but there were many other issues at play.

You can now go back to parroting what you heard. "Hi Kim!"