Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you had to pick either Helfrich or Petersen as head coach who would you choose?

HuskiepackHuskiepack Member Posts: 15
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited August 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board
Both seem to suck right now but I'll go with Petersen.

Helfrich really seems to be in the process of destroying Oregon football. That was amazing how awful Oregon looked last year whenever Vernon Adams was injured. This year Oregon will face the equivalent of a permanent injury to Adams since Adams is gone. He was only eligible for one year.

If Oregon didn't magically improve their other QBs over the past 6 months I predict the Ducks to go 3-9. Because without Adams that's about what they would have done last year.

Granted there's not a whole lot to be happy with Petersen right now. The work Petersen did at BSU gives me some optimism until I remember how awful Dan Hawkins did at Colorado. The move to the big conferences often does not result in success for coaches.

Although to be a bit fair, one of the reasons Hawkins is thought to have flopped so badly at Colorado is because he didn't have Petersen as OC anymore. Petersen was a big reason for Hawkin's success at Boise and didn't go with him to CU.

And so Hawkins hired a different guy as OC at Colorado. The OC's name was... Get this..... Mark Helfrich.

Comments