Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rate coaches since James

HuskiepackHuskiepack Member Posts: 15
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited August 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board
I say
1. Neuiheisel

2. Sarkisian
3. Petersen
4. Lambright
5. Gilbertson

6. Willingham

People overrate Lambright because his overall record wasn't bad. What they forget is that he inherited the conference's best program from Don James. And turned it into a 6-5 program with terrifying rapidity.

And yes pretty much all the coaches not named Neuiheisel have sucked and have been garbage. Petersen obviously can move up the list but I'm not feeling inspired by the consecutive 6 loss seasons to open his tenure. Especially given how awful the OOC scuedules the last 2 years have been.

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    1. Rick

everyone else sucks

2. Lambo. For Whammy in Miami alone. Sucks dick though.
    3. Sark (5-4 > 4-5, obviously inherited worse situation than Petersen despite what plss says lol)
    4. Petersen. Won nothing of consequence.
    5. Gilby. Still lol @ the 12-0 doogman prediction.
    6. Chauncey
  • Options
    I still can't figure out why Neuiheisel was such a bad coach at UCLA. Especially since he had Norm Chow as OC.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    BearsWiin said:

I wish Skippy had stayed a year or two more at Montlake so you would see for yourselves what a shit coach he really was/is.

WARBTPO
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    BearsWiin said:

I wish Skippy had stayed a year or two more at Montlake so you would see for yourselves what a shit coach he really was/is.

Scoreboard baby
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think Petersen is better than Sark. I think.

They both fucking suck, though.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

I say
    1. Neuiheisel

2. Sarkisian
    3. Petersen
    4. Lambright
    5. Gilbertson

6. Willingham

People overrate Lambright because his overall record wasn't bad. What they forget is that he inherited the conference's best program from Don James. And turned it into a 6-5 program with terrifying rapidity.

And yes pretty much all the coaches not named Neuiheisel have sucked and have been garbage. Petersen obviously can move up the list but I'm not feeling inspired by the consecutive 6 loss seasons to open his tenure. Especially given how awful the OOC scuedules the last 2 years have been.

Why, oh why would you want to spend time on this?
  • Options
    edited August 2016

It's proven than both Petersen and Sarkisian can have a whole bunch of 7-6 seasons. However it's not proven that Petersen can take a program from 0-12 to 7-6. That's why I'm rating Sark higher even though they both are awful.

Petersen does have time to prove he doesn't suck. But as of right now he sucks.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Sounds good bro!

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I say
    1. Neuiheisel
    2. Jimmy Lake

3. Sarkisian
    4. Petersen
    5. Lambright
    6. Gilbertson

7. Willingham

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    BearsWiin said:

He would have been fine providing the law stayed out of hte program. He was running the Washington Penal league in husky colors. His problem was it was catching up to him and he was running out of players
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

4-5>5-4POTD
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Shit thread, shit poaster.

(Hi Fmb)
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947

BearsWiin said:

He would have been fine providing the law stayed out of hte program. He was running the Washington Penal league in husky colors. His problem was it was catching up to him and he was running out of players
    He took over three programs and made them all worse. Like him as a commentator, tho

B-b-b-butt 2000 Rose Bowel! Yeah, Gilby's second year at Cal was good, too.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    They all fucking suck.

Rick was basically Prequel Sark who gutted the TUFFness of the program and did what he knows best: recruited UCLA fagz to play at UW. Once he got 'his guys' we were fucking terrible, soft pussies.

The only thing that's worked since October of '92 has been the combination of Rick's enthusiasm with Lambo's TUFF players... oh, and the best (most winner-y) QB we've probably ever had: Tui.

If you had to give me any of the coaches at the outset of their time here, who would I take? Pete, easily.

Lambo had 4 Rose Bowl teams and fucked every last one of them up (some weren't eligible to go... but still): '94, '95, '96, '97.

Rick made football fun again for the TUFF Washington assholes, but immediately started embarrassing us after Tui left and started the plunger tradition in '01 (YOU MEAN LIKE THE OREGON STATE GAME?!?! FML, yes I do; but also UCLA and of course Miami). Then we lost to Texas in the Holiday Bowl and UW has been losers ever since.

He should've been fired after '02 and everyone knew it (including him, that's why he was trying to jump ship), but we were too big of pussies to do it so we slithered our way out then completely fucked ourselves.

Gilby is the worst coach I've ever seen. Nuff said on that.

Ty was not as bad as Gilby, but was a fucking nightmare.

Sark sucked, but was better than Ty and Gilby. Just more SoCal pussy bullshit.

Pete has 18 months to prove that he's worthy of the hype, but I know I'd take our program now over almost any time since '00.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,561
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1. Rick
    2. Lambo
    3. Pete
    4. Sark
    5. Gilby
    6. Ty

I'm not offering an explanation so fuck off.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947

Rick was basically Prequel Sark who gutted the TUFFness of the program and did what he knows best: recruited UCLA fagz to play at UW. Once he got 'his guys' we were fucking terrible, soft pussies.

Rick made football fun again for the TUFF Washington assholes, but immediately started embarrassing us after Tui left and started the plunger tradition in '01 (YOU MEAN LIKE THE OREGON STATE GAME?!?! FML, yes I do; but also UCLA and of course Miami). Then we lost to Texas in the Holiday Bowl and UW has been losers ever since.

He should've been fired after '02 and everyone knew it (including him, that's why he was trying to jump ship), but we were too big of pussies to do it so we slithered our way out then completely fucked ourselves.

Gilby is the worst coach I've ever seen. Nuff said on that.

I don't know if this guy fucks, but he certainly gets it
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

I still can't figure out why Neuiheisel was such a bad coach at UCLA. Especially since he had Norm Chow as OC.

He inherited a very untalented team from Dorrell which put him in a hole from the start, he never could find a QB worth a shit and he had an old worn out Chow installing the WCO when the sport was moving away from it.

He's also a mediocre coach. His team quit on him at the end.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited August 2016

He inherited a very untalented team from Dorrell which put him in a hole from the start, he never could find a QB worth a shit and he had an old worn out Chow installing the WCO when the sport was moving away from it.

He's also a mediocre coach. His team quit on him at the end.
    Nothing more needed to be said. I like Neuheisel, but the Noogs in here get a bit carried away. He's a broadcaster and not a coach for good reason. @Dennis_DeYoung nailed it, so did @BearsWiin.