Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

USC Players and recruits happy to see Kiffin fired

Comments

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    @ SE, CF

How does this effect our standing with Richard? Is he still a silent commit?

What did Mixon think of the rain?

Are we in on any "under the radar" Oline guys that could be 5* if it wasn't for their grades?

Can't wait for the recruiting blog.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    I like to mock people for posting about dawgman then post about dawgman
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

I like to mock people for posting about dawgman then post about dawgman

I could not pass up the opportunity to do a little of both.

Abundance.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    I'd like to get a "summary" of Ektards recruiting blog. Why not? Some of you guys mix the hot BBQ sauce and blue cheese. What did Mixon say about his trip?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

I'd like to get a "summary" of Ektards recruiting blog. Why not? Some of you guys mix the hot BBQ sauce and blue cheese. What did Mixon say about his trip?

He said he's thrilled Kiffin got the axe

• Who is Mixon? Does he post here?
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    I guess I don't get it. He's running on about 65% of normal schollies.... 56 of the usual 85. He's lost in a wipeout on the road, which is not uncommon in the hurry-up offense age. Wasn't that Kiffin I saw a couple of years ago beating Oregon at home? What am I missing here?

I guess I don't get it. He's running on about 65% of normal schollies.... 56 of the usual 85. He's lost in a wipeout on the road, which is not uncommon in the hurry-up offense age. Wasn't that Kiffin I saw a couple of years ago beating Oregon at home? What am I missing here?

USC is still serious about football

dnc said:

well, fine... but I guess I don't see how with only 56 on scholly are they going to be very competitive. You could blame Lee for losing Gettysburg, but ultimately the confederacy lost because of its own damn problems -- no industry to match the north with. The best generals would still have the same result.

dnc said:

well, fine... but I guess I don't see how with only 56 on scholly are they going to be very competitive. You could blame Lee for losing Gettysburg, but ultimately the confederacy lost because of its own damn problems -- no industry to match the north with. The best generals would still have the same result.
    Lee was universally regarded as a fantastic general who did a great job keeping the south in it as long as he did. Kiffin is universally regarded as a prick, and no one really thinks he can coach.

He won't get a sniff by any decent program with an HC opening this offseason.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
    ^^ Martial forces superiority guy

But, YRYK

With any kind of Navy and an industrial base, Lee would have kicked Union ass every time he faced them. Fact.
    edited September 2013
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Lee was universally regarded as a fantastic general who did a great job keeping the south in it as long as he did. Kiffin is universally regarded as a prick, and no one really thinks he can coach.

He won't get a sniff by any decent program with an HC opening this offseason.
    well, I never heard of a football coach who wasn't a prick. You can start with Gil Dobie and just start naming them. No, Kiffin was fired because he couldn't handle the enormous expectations and the sanctions at once. I mean, maybe he did deserve it. I don't follow USC that much, but it seems like he is seriously behind the 8 ball with only 65% of the schollies everybody else has. Maybe he ran guys off. I don't know. The point being that even the brightest general is NOT going to succeed in this setup.
  • iDawg would like Lee. He did more with less.

Race would like Grant since he won.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Kiffin got off track with the SC program last season when the Trojans were rated #1in preseason by the media and they of course, couldn't produce what was expected having been gutted by the NCAA. I don't recall the details because I don't care, but it all went pooff in Kiffin's face at the Sun Bowl. I suppose we could conclude that this latest SC embarrassment started as a media hatchet job and ended in fiasco, sort of like that UW coach firing just before preseason practices Summer 2003 that eventually ended with a wrongful firing settlement. I feel sorry for the Trojan fans and boosters who I've always respected having played them so many times in Seattle and a few games down there....... they've always seemed to have it in perspective.

Tailgater said:

Kiffin got off track with the SC program last season when the Trojans were rated #1in preseason by the media and they of course, couldn't produce what was expected having been gutted by the NCAA. I don't recall the details because I don't care, but it all went pooff in Kiffin's face at the Sun Bowl. I suppose we could conclude that this latest SC embarrassment started as a media hatchet job and ended in fiasco, sort of like that UW coach firing just before preseason practices Summer 2003 that eventually ended with a wrongful firing settlement. I feel sorry for the Trojan fans and boosters who I've always respected having played them so many times in Seattle and a few games down there....... they've always seemed to have it in perspective.

Well, I do NOT feel sorry for the USC fans/faithful. I've been to enough beatdowns at HS, thank you.

iDawg would like Lee. He did more with less.

Grant was just winning with McLellan's players. McLellan was a great recruiter and but no offense, only D.
  • iDawg would like Lee. He did more with less.

Grant was just winning with McLellan's players. McLellan was a great recruiter and but no offense, only D.
    McLellan like Lambo wouldn't win with those same guys.

iDawg would like Lee. He did more with less.

McLellan like Lambo wouldn't win with those same guys.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    I'm a bit like US Grant. I'm either fighting a bloody war or a raging alcoholic.