Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW vs. stanford by the numbers.

2»

Comments

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    According to Sagarin, UW's SOS is 40, Stanford's is 41. Oregon's is 104, UCLA's is 130, ASU 10, WSU 17.

UW is doing quite well in the stats but Oregon and Stanford have been so far ahead in their games that they had deep backups giving up yards and points in the second half. Otherwise, they'd be 1-2 in D categories with UW 3rd instead of 1st.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

According to Sagarin, UW's SOS is 40, Stanford's is 41. Oregon's is 104, UCLA's is 130, ASU 10, WSU 17.

UW is doing quite well in the stats but Oregon and Stanford have been so far ahead in their games that they had deep backups giving up yards and points in the second half. Otherwise, they'd be 1-2 in D categories with UW 3rd instead of 1st.

UCLA is 130!? Plunger raping Nebraska on their own turf after being down 21-3 is the best win the Pac 12 has had all year.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    edited September 2013

UCLA is 130!? Plunger raping Nebraska on their own turf after being down 21-3 is the best win the Pac 12 has had all year.
    New Mexico State is #189 in Sagarin's ratings.

Personally, I think his ratings are flawed when comparing the FBS dreck versus the good teams in FCS. My guess is that NMSU won't finish that low in his rankings.

He's got NDSU at #29 overall. I know they are good, but there's no fucking way a team with 63 scholarships could hang week to week playing FBS teams.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Computer rankings are worse than human rankings this early in the season. There's just too small a data sample to achieve meaningful results.

Give it another three or four weeks and the computers will be much more meaningful than the humans.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,141 Founders Club

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Confirms what we already knew about the offense - racking up tons of yards, need to commit to FINISHING.

Usually teams that rack up lots of yards are eventually going to score lots of points. My guess is this offense will do a better job of punching it in, but mostly because they can't really do much worse.

It will be interesting to see how the defensive stats hold up now that the varsity schedule begins.

That our non-conference slate was comparatively difficult (notwithstanding ISU) makes those statistics all the more impressive. Hmmm.
    Comparatively difficult to what? Playing schools for the blind?
    Stanfraud really has not played anyone out of conference either. They had a hard time with US Military-West Pt.-Army or whatever they're going by this week for a while.
    Last I checked, in terms of college football, USMA simply goes by Army and has been doing that for quite some time.
  • ToiletSeatToiletSeat Member Posts: 150
    Probably referencing the uniforms Army wore last Saturday:
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,141 Founders Club

Probably referencing the uniforms Army wore last Saturday:

That makes sense.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I like UW in this one.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

The same Nebraska that gave up 600 yards to Wyoming? It was a good win, but Nebraska looks like they suck. Oregon's plunger rapes of Tennessee and Virginia were equally, if not more, impressive. ASU over Wisconsin is a better win too, even if it was bullshit.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    The take away from the Nebraska game was the defense
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,670 Founders Club

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

Confirms what we already knew about the offense - racking up tons of yards, need to commit to FINISHING.

Usually teams that rack up lots of yards are eventually going to score lots of points. My guess is this offense will do a better job of punching it in, but mostly because they can't really do much worse.

It will be interesting to see how the defensive stats hold up now that the varsity schedule begins.

That our non-conference slate was comparatively difficult (notwithstanding ISU) makes those statistics all the more impressive. Hmmm.
    Comparatively difficult to what? Playing schools for the blind?
    Stanfraud really has not played anyone out of conference either. They had a hard time with US Military-West Pt.-Army or whatever they're going by this week for a while.
    Last I checked, in terms of college football, USMA simply goes by Army and has been doing that for quite some time.
    They painted "west point" all over their field