Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2016
    Also, beginning this season, there will be a no re-entry policy at Martin Stadium (other than buying a new ticket). WSU will become the sixth Pac-12 school with a no re-entry policy, joining Arizona, Cal, UCLA, USC and Utah. Of that group, none offer alcohol at the general concourse level. (The entire SEC has a no re-entry policy as well).
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Not having re entry is for crypto fascist losers. Let people do whatever the fuck they want, Christ, it isn't rocket science.
  • Options
    McRibMcRib Member Posts: 227
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'd bet a shit ton more than 1mil in revenue will be made there.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Next year they will be charging for cow tipping in the parking lot. Fat WSU sorority girls are being warned to stay away during the tipping. 2M in revenue expected.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Meek said:

It's amazing to me the re-entry policy is still in place. Fucking sell beer, fucking no re-entry, not that fucking hard.

FUCK UW, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER, OR PUT SVEN IN CHARGE.

jen is doing research
    According to TequillaFS, UW doesn't want to lead the way on such a controversial issue.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

It's amazing to me the re-entry policy is still in place. Fucking sell beer, fucking no re-entry, not that fucking hard.

Add Citrus Zima to the menu and their revenue problems are solved.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Meek said:

jen is doing research
    According to TequillaFS, UW doesn't want to lead the way on such a controversial issue.
    Is that the UW way to be leaders on issues like this?

The UW upper campus (and Seattle in general) is full of passive aggressive sorts that would rather be reactive than proactive.

I'd be shocked if beer sales aren't allowed in general seating by the 2017 or 2018 season as more and more programs openly offer it with limited problems. However, also don't be surprised if there are problems in Pullman that that delays it coming here.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Meek said:

jen is doing research

The UW upper campus (and Seattle in general) is full of passive aggressive sorts that would rather be reactive than proactive.

I'd be shocked if beer sales aren't allowed in general seating by the 2017 or 2018 season as more and more programs openly offer it with limited problems. However, also don't be surprised if there are problems in Pullman that that delays it coming here.
    Economics will drive them sell alcohol in general seating. That will allow them to get away with doing it "the right way" on the field.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Meek said:

jen is doing research

Economics will drive them sell alcohol in general seating. That will allow them to get away with doing it "the right way" on the field.
    I agree with this ... but the crowd that resides in upper campus and in the BOR that hide behind trying to dictate the actions of others instead of promoting personal accountability will throw up the "if we allow beer sales in the stadium are we promoting a safe family atmosphere" or the "if we allow beer sales does that lead to overintoxication, fights, and greater arrests" ... it's basically the beer sales version of the sustainability reward where the perception matters way more than the actual bottom line results.

It's why I think how this works in Pullman this year will go a long way. If the Cougs can't control themselves with the beer access, it will give the BOR and upper campus the ammo that they need to say that the benefits ($$$) of beer sales isn't worth the downside.

I do think that it is inevitable that beer sales will happen ... but how quickly it happens is another story.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,777
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Approving beer sales in a town where the national guard was called out because they shut down the campus bar early.

Genius.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Meek said:

jen is doing research

I believe you specifically mentioned a "controversy" with this issue...
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Meek said:

jen is doing research

I believe you specifically mentioned a "controversy" with this issue...
    The controversy will be the perception versus the reality.

The perception is that beer sales will bring unwarranted trouble that could be avoided.

The reality is that it will likely minimize binge drinking, keep fans in the stadium, and add much needed $$$ to the bottom line of the AD.

I have full confidence that the BOR and upper campus will make this a way bigger issue than it needs to be.