Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Initial Thoughts

1. I have to give Sark some credit. Yeah, his playcalling was odd at times tonight, but running the ball 60 times was a smart move. The weather was absolutely fucking awful, and with our stable of running backs, there's no reason to try to sling the ball all over the field. We were pretty conservative on offense, but against a team with no QB in shitty weather, it was a good move to run the ball and let Arizona beat themselves. The couple deep shots we took worked well, unfortunately Kevin Smith dropped one and tripped like a drunk retard on the one he caught.
2. I was really surprised not to see a few more screen passes to Mickens and Ross. I think Arizona's 3-3-5 D had something to do with that.
3. Leading up to the game, I talked about what a good coach Rich Rod is, but now I'm rethinking that position.
4. I'm satisfied with how we played, but Arizona was completely one dimensional. Carrey is a great RB, but he's being wasted because Denker is a level of fucking terrible that I can't even accurately describe. I'm still not feeling optimistic about playing Stanford and Oregon. Could be ugly. I think we'll have a shot at ASU and UCLA, however. 10 wins is still possible, but I'm sure Sark will fuck up a game or 2 and we'll lose when we shouldn't.
5. As a student, I'm embarrassed as shit that the Dawg Pack section wasn't full at the beginning of the game, and that half of those little pricks left at halftime. Most of our students are a bunch of pussies. There was some kid wearing Arizona gear in the student section, and he was talking a bunch of shit about UW after Arizona scored their TDs, and my brother and I were the only ones who yelled back at him, the rest just stood there and took it like a bunch of limp dicks. Pretty embarrassing overall effort from the students.

Comments

• jmc84 said:

1. I have to give Sark some credit. Yeah, his playcalling was odd at times tonight, but running the ball 60 times was a smart move. The weather was absolutely fucking awful, and with our stable of running backs, there's no reason to try to sling the ball all over the field. We were pretty conservative on offense, but against a team with no QB in shitty weather, it was a good move to run the ball and let Arizona beat themselves. The couple deep shots we took worked well, unfortunately Kevin Smith dropped one and tripped like a drunk retard on the one he caught.
    2. I was really surprised not to see a few more screen passes to Mickens and Ross. I think Arizona's 3-3-5 D had something to do with that.
    3. Leading up to the game, I talked about what a good coach Rich Rod is, but now I'm rethinking that position.
    4. I'm satisfied with how we played, but Arizona was completely one dimensional. Carrey is a great RB, but he's being wasted because Denker is a level of fucking terrible that I can't even accurately describe. I'm still not feeling optimistic about playing Stanford and Oregon. Could be ugly. I think we'll have a shot at ASU and UCLA, however. 10 wins is still possible, but I'm sure Sark will fuck up a game or 2 and we'll lose when we shouldn't.
    5. As a student, I'm embarrassed as shit that the Dawg Pack section wasn't full at the beginning of the game, and that half of those little pricks left at halftime. Most of our students are a bunch of pussies. There was some kid wearing Arizona gear in the student section, and he was talking a bunch of shit about UW after Arizona scored their TDs, and my brother and I were the only ones who yelled back at him, the rest just stood there and took it like a bunch of limp dicks. Pretty embarrassing overall effort from the students.

When your A.D., head coach and bulk of your fans are pussies I'm not at all surprised to hear the students are also pussies.
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    Upvoted for your sig pic.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I'm not sure what to think of Rich Rod. He's a decent to good coach, but he's not great. At West Virginia he beat up on the Big East. The only other good team in the league at the time was Louisville. He flamed out at Michigan, and I think he will do relatively well at Arizona, but they are still Arizona.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,670 Founders Club
    jmc84 said:

That's too bad. I remember sneaking into the student section. it was probably in '03 ( which was actually a couple of years after I had been a student). It was almost entirely Greeks (who I Don't really like for the most part, but they're good fans for football games) and just normal looking people. I remember cops kicking people out for alcohol every 10 minutes lol. Now it's probably full of poindexters with allergies and retainers. Their mothers probably texted them to get out of the rain and being wimps they obeyed immediately.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

jmc84 said:

That's too bad. I remember sneaking into the student section. it was probably in '03 ( which was actually a couple of years after I had been a student). It was almost entirely Greeks (who I Don't really like for the most part, but they're good fans for football games) and just normal looking people. I remember cops kicking people out for alcohol every 10 minutes lol. Now it's probably full of poindexters with allergies and retainers. Their mothers probably texted them to get out of the rain and being wimps they obeyed immediately.
    Poindexters with allergies and retainers and Asians. That's who is a UW student nowadays.

• I'm not sure what to think of Rich Rod. He's a decent to good coach, but he's not great. At West Virginia he beat up on the Big East. The only other good team in the league at the time was Louisville. He flamed out at Michigan, and I think he will do relatively well at Arizona, but they are still Arizona.

I'd put him on the same tier as Sark. He can lead you to non stop shit tier bowl games but he's never going to take you to a Rose Bowl.
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499

jmc84 said:

Poindexters with allergies and retainers and Asians. That's who is a UW student nowadays.

That's pretty much all kids these days. They're all fucking weird. I'm 29, so I'm significantly older than most of them, so I'm marginally normal(or so I like to think). There's still quite a few greeks, who I don't really like all that much either, but it's a ton of asians, who I don't think fully understand football, and a bunch of poindexter types. I just didn't understand the kids showing up in jeans and a sweatshirt. Morons. I probably would have left at halftime too, if that's what I was wearing. I got cold and wet, and I was wearing rain gear.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    The Arizona QB is no good... the huskys have not played anybody very good yet. Arizona was 3-0 against obscure football teams. I predict a 1-3 run coming up, although I would sacrifice a year off my life for a beating of U of FancyUnifoam.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
    jmc84 said:

Upvoted for your sig pic.

I am his sig pic.