Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

first game in HS

What is with the extra point team?
I've never seen weather like that in any stadium I've been in.
I thought the new stadium was OK. The seats down in the lower bowl would be great view. Overall, there is way too much in the way of flashing lights, bangs, pops, an infinity of McDonalds signs flashing on and off, and other distractions too numerous to mention coming from the high-tech gadgetry in the stadium. Turn off the fucking javascript in the stadium and let it play out like a football game. The actual scoreboard with stats is tiny and off to the side, as if not very important. It took me about until halftime to figure out how many time outs left.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

I thought the new stadium was OK. The seats down in the lower bowl would be great view. Overall, there is way too much in the way of flashing lights, bangs, pops, an infinity of McDonalds signs flashing on and off, and other distractions too numerous to mention coming from the high-tech gadgetry in the stadium. Turn off the fucking javascript in the stadium and let it play out like a football game. The actual scoreboard with stats is tiny and off to the side, as if not very important. It took me about until halftime to figure out how many time outs left.

Why do you hate sizzle?

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

We are Oregon Junior now.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    It reminds me of safeco field with all the distractions they throw at you to keep your ADHD mind occupied. It's like a huge advertisement-laden pinball machine.
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    The stats board is at least the same size as it was before. Where the hell do you want them to put it, midfield? If you can't figure out how many timeouts each team has left, I can't help you. I do agree that the ribbon boards are distracting at times.

It reminds me of safeco field with all the distractions they throw at you to keep your ADHD mind occupied. It's like a huge advertisement-laden pinball machine.

Marinerization is always special.
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301

It could be worse
    Dick_B said:

It could be worse
    That looks like the Stanford game from 2010.
    edited September 2013
    The use of the jumbotron is no good either. Anytime there is a questionable call, we don't see a replay, we see some jackass in the crowd acting funny for the camera.

They basically need to tone down the advertising-pinball-machine aspect of the stadium. The scoreboard needs to be bigger. It looks like a tiny baseball scoreboard on the north overhang. Overall there is waaaay to much high tech shit going on and off all the time. I go to a football game to get away from high tech. Essentially football is very low-tech, still using chains to measure and such.

It would be a great stadium if they removed most of the ADHD distraction gadgetry.
  • The use of the jumbotron is no good either. Anytime there is a questionable call, we don't see a replay, we see some jackass in the crowd acting funny for the camera.

They basically need to tone down the advertising-pinball-machine aspect of the stadium. The scoreboard needs to be bigger. It looks like a tiny baseball scoreboard on the north overhang. Overall there is waaaay to much high tech shit going on and off all the time. I go to a football game to get away from high tech. Essentially football is very low-tech, still using chains to measure and such.

It would be a great stadium if they removed most of the ADHD distraction gadgetry.

Get off my lawn!
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727

This^ I can't stand it. It is literally nonstop ad changes and is brutally distracting.

The food situation is atrocious. The new stadium certainly hasn't brought a tear to my eye.

The batman, yoda, and Rocky 4th quarter montage should never appear in any public event. That is something strung together in your mom's basement it is the worst video in sports history.

I know, I know I am an asshole because I don't think the remodel mind blowing and not tear worthy. They could play in memorial stadium, if they just continue winning games.

jecornel said:

This^ I can't stand it. It is literally nonstop ad changes and is brutally distracting.

The food situation is atrocious. The new stadium certainly hasn't brought a tear to my eye.

The batman, yoda, and Rocky 4th quarter montage should never appear in any public event. That is something strung together in your mom's basement it is the worst video in sports history.

I know, I know I am an asshole because I don't think the remodel mind blowing and not tear worthy. They could play in memorial stadium, if they just continue winning games.

RECOMMENDED prior to entry into Husky Pinball Machine Stadium:

I kinda liked Rocky though
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    I will give ya rocky but yoda and batman? To me that video is really bizarre
    jecornel said:

If I were running the jumbotron, if it were not football, delete it. We can watch it on youtube after the game otherwise.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    You kids get off my lawn!!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

The use of the jumbotron is no good either. Anytime there is a questionable call, we don't see a replay, we see some jackass in the crowd acting funny for the camera.

Get off my lawn!
    Fuck you and your 53 minutes.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798

We are Oregon Junior now.

NTTAWWT
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    well played TTJ
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    jecornel said:

Nobody has mentioned fucking ND Fighting IrishFS Rudy. What an embarrassment. Show a clip from 6th Man or something.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,121 Founders Club
    I went to the game. It was fun. The new stadium is nice. It seemed quiet. The rain was wet. The sound system was bumpin non-stop. It felt like a house money party. I must have missed the Chevron car races, but I did like the tweets being displayed. It was raining Wildcats and Dawgs!! I didn't get any Starbucks, but I did bring some bananas. Bitches got wet. The game itself was a shitshow. We played pretty well. Our punter did great. I was hearing that this team is like watching a movie. Mighty Ducks 2 was mentioned. I guess that makes Sark EMILLLLIO and we get to play team Iceland over the next two weeks. Don't know why anyone would have tried to pass in that weather, let alone on 3rd and short. I left early, so as not to catch a cold or a video ribbon induced seizure. I think we might have a shot at only losing 3 conference games this year. Woof!