Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

trump chooses mike pence

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
and his small chances just got cut in half.

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Fuck. I was really hoping for a Trump/Palin ticket. This really goes against the reality TV politics I've come to love in the last 12 months.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    there really weren't that many never trump conservatives. most of them were just asshole establishment types that make up like 2% of the population. I still don't think they'd vote for him mostly because of his rhetoric on free trade.

The Bernie vote will likely be the key to the election. had trump just kept talking about chrony capitalism and immigration some of the sanders populists would have gone to him. Instead he's gone the retarded born again evangelical option for VP.

A guy like Gingrich while I hate him and is conservative on social issues, hasn't made being anti lgbt the cornerstone of his career. He would have been a better choice
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    dhdawg said:

there really weren't that many never trump conservatives. most of them were just asshole establishment types that make up like 2% of the population. I still don't think they'd vote for him mostly because of his rhetoric on free trade.

The Bernie vote will likely be the key to the election. had trump just kept talking about chrony capitalism and immigration some of the sanders populists would have gone to him. Instead he's gone the retarded born again evangelical option for VP.

A guy like Gingrich while I hate him and is conservative on social issues, hasn't made being anti lgbt the cornerstone of his career. He would have been a better choice

Did he have a choice?

No - he can't win without them.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    Pence maybe helps solidify the base (big maybe) and brings some "insider" experience to the ticket. Might help bring home the Midwestern values thing as well since Trump hopes to put some of those blue states in play, but overall, this was a safe and weak choice. Should have swung for the fences with Newt. Then again I kill bugs. What the fuck do I know?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dhdawg said:

There are a lot of evangelicals in the Never Trump end of things (not nearly as many as there should be IMO, but that's a different discussion). If this Pence thing is true, it is a clear move to go after that sector of the GOP base.

Gingrich might have been a better choice as far as what he brings to the table but most everybody hates him on all sides. Pence is more of a lesser known. It will fire up the evangelical base, and piss off the social libs for sure. But I don't think it moves many people from voting for Trump to not.

I would have much rather seen him go libertarian but there wasn't really a libertarian in the running that I'm aware of. Pence is a better choice than Christie (who appeals to exactly the same people Trump does and that's it) or Palin (who everybody hates) or Gingrich (who everybody hates).

Tallest midget competition, for sure.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    At this point the polls are shifting his direction. He just needs to close his mouth a bit (easier said than done) and let Hillary (Doog legend) do what she does best....lose.

This campaign isn't about who wins, it's more about who doesn't lose.

If Trump runs a campaign on the border, Washington chronies, and national security, all these points hit to Hillary's weakest points, he'll win a close one. If he allows himself to get caught into the race wars, LGBT, etc. he gone.

At this point the polls are shifting his direction. He just needs to close his mouth a bit (easier said than done) and let Hillary (Doog legend) do what she does best....lose.

If Trump runs a campaign on the border, Washington chronies, and national security, all these points hit to Hillary's weakest points, he'll win a close one. If he allows himself to get caught into the race wars, LGBT, etc. he gone.

this. the loser of this election will have run the worst general election campaign of all time
    edited July 2016
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

There are a lot of evangelicals in the Never Trump end of things (not nearly as many as there should be IMO, but that's a different discussion). If this Pence thing is true, it is a clear move to go after that sector of the GOP base.

Gingrich might have been a better choice as far as what he brings to the table but most everybody hates him on all sides. Pence is more of a lesser known. It will fire up the evangelical base, and piss off the social libs for sure. But I don't think it moves many people from voting for Trump to not.

I would have much rather seen him go libertarian but there wasn't really a libertarian in the running that I'm aware of. Pence is a better choice than Christie (who appeals to exactly the same people Trump does and that's it) or Palin (who everybody hates) or Gingrich (who everybody hates).

Libertarian would have been better, but I don't think any libertarian would have run with them
    dhdawg said:

this. the loser of this election will have run the worst general election campaign of all time
    And the winner will be the worst presodent of all time.

FYFMFE
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Libertarian would have been better, but I don't think any libertarian would have run with them
    Troof
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Newt will likely be Trump's Chief of Staff

Christie with likely be the Attorney General
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,187
    Swaye said:

Pence maybe helps solidify the base (big maybe) and brings some "insider" experience to the ticket. Might help bring home the Midwestern values thing as well since Trump hopes to put some of those blue states in play, but overall, this was a safe and weak choice. Should have swung for the fences with Newt. Then again I kill bugs. What the fuck do I know?

a lot about sexual harassment...allegedly
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Yes. Trump has survived being portrayed as the KKK ring leader... But Pence is the reason why he will lose... Lol.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,681 Standard Supporter

Yes. Trump has survived being portrayed as the KKK ring leader... But Pence is the reason why he will lose... Lol.

Word.

All this criticism tells me Trump will win rather easily, say, 34-17.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    So much for Trump as the anti-globalist candidate!
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Just like that... My dream of the first Father/Daughter ticket has been dashed.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,105 Swaye's Wigwam
    I honestly think that this year, that the VP candidates, for the first time in a long time, means nothing. Both candidates are so cult of personality and polarizing that it just doesn't matter.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    koopdog said:

I honestly think that this year, that the VP candidates, for the first time in a long time, means nothing. Both candidates are so cult of personality and polarizing that it just doesn't matter.

Not necessarily...

It just means thinking outside the box. If Trump had somehow reached out to Cuban and got a Trump/Cuban ticket. Now, how that would work in Washington, I don't know, but that sure in heck would win a general election.