Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My Grizz waive Tony Wroten

2»

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I find it hard to believe he can't stick because he can't shoot. Rondo has never been able to shoot. Something else is afoot.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Another thread ruined by a TequillaFS hot take.

Actually it was no doubt set up for Tequilla.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I find it hard to believe he can't stick because he can't shoot. Rondo has never been able to shoot. Something else is afoot.

Rondo's actually willing to play defense and is a very willing passer unlike Wroten.

But if Wroten could shoot it would overcome those deficiencies.
  • Options

Rondo has length, plays defense and passes the ball.

HTH
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

HTH
    Wroten has length
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

HTH
    Wroten has length
    POYWFSIAL
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Just another example of a kid going to the NBA too early and washing out

And having more money than you at this very moment and at minimum a six fig contract traveling the world overseas for the next ten years banging hot bitches.
    Possibly ...

How much do you think he has left after factoring in the following:

1) Taxes - reduce compensation by about 40%
    2) Agent - reduce compensation by probably about 5% (pre-tax)
    3) Entourage/Family
    4) Purchases indicative of a young kid flush with money

I'm sure he's got a decent amount of money still ... but I don't think it's a given that he has a lengthy career overseas where he's getting paid crazy amounts of money. After that point, where/what his earning streams will be is still extremely questionable.

In contrast, the earning power for non athletes grows over time as their career develops while typically exhibiting better savings and wealth management.

Leaving college after one year (and I think you can really question how much attention Wroten spent paying attention in his classes while at UW) probably has not prepared him well for not only live after basketball but even for having the foundation to really understand how to manage his money (which isn't just unique to basketball players but true for a lot of young people).

The $$$ argument for leaving early just doesn't register to me. It's great if you make a lot of money ... but doesn't do much for me if you just turn around and blow it all.
    Some big assumptions being made here. He was never going to graduate from UW. He had all the potential in the world and his draft stock would have plummeted if the pros saw him not develop a jumper in year 2.

He's still a millionaire and will make another million out of basketball i'm certain. Maybe the great mentor Romar can give him a call and put him in touch with his financial advisor.

One thing is for sure he doesn't have TCU grad school loans to pay.
    But does Wroten get to forecast for a living?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Rondo's actually willing to play defense and is a very willing passer unlike Wroten.

But if Wroten could shoot it would overcome those deficiencies.
    Slight correction, he was willing to play defense.
  • Options
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

HTH
    Wroten has length
    Great.

But He sucks.

• Options
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

HTH
    Wroten has length
    Great.

But He sucks.

Welcome to 2012
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

HTH
    Your two latter points are laughable if you watched TW in college and into his NBA career. He doesn't play defense. He plays "lets see how lazy i cna be to pad my steals stats". Sadly for him, the nba isn't the morons who follow husky ball and think that getting 2-3 steals a game is "good defense".

TW is so worried about making a hero pass rather than protecting the ball it makes him a horrible handler of the ball. He has the skills, just like every breathing person has stated, however he got his 3 years to fix his ills and now it appears his time is long gone.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wroten is more than good enough to play in the NBA. See Nate Robinson as another example.

Teams don't like having anyone but young guys who shut the fuck up or crusty, toe the line veterans for their last few roster spots.
  • Options

Wroten is more than good enough to play in the NBA. See Nate Robinson as another example.

Teams don't like having anyone but young guys who shut the fuck up or crusty, toe the line veterans for their last few roster spots.

Nate can shoot