Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Good Jack Lockner Analysis For Those Who Care

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Grantland gives Jack the full Barnwell treatment. Good read for Damone and others who might be interested.

Lemon free link

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tl;dr but watching tonight's game Jack is better than both Kaep and Bradford
  • Options
    I heard Bonnell was a better QB.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Meek said:

Tl;dr but watching tonight's game Fouch is better than Bradford

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepernick is making a lot of the experts look bad. Jaworski actually said he thought Kaepernick had the potential to be one of the best QB's of all time.
  • Options

Kaepernick is making a lot of the experts look bad. Jaworski actually said he thought Kaepernick had the potential to be one of the best QB's of all time.

I thought that was an asinine statement at the time. He had only 7 career starts under his belt.

I also might be bias against Kaepernick since he's looked absolutely fucking terrible against the Seahawks both meetings they have played.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought that was an asinine statement at the time. He had only 7 career starts under his belt.

I also might be bias against Kaepernick since he's looked absolutely fucking terrible against the Seahawks both meetings they have played.
    I've seen him play well, but he is struggling this year. He isn't running like he was last year, but that may be done on purpose to keep him healthy. Lots of analysts were overhyping him, Jaworski being the worst. I don't know if he is even a top 10 QB at this time. He has a long way to go before deserving that kind of praise.

• Options

I've seen him play well, but he is struggling this year. He isn't running like he was last year, but that may be done on purpose to keep him healthy. Lots of analysts were overhyping him, Jaworski being the worst. I don't know if he is even a top 10 QB at this time. He has a long way to go before deserving that kind of praise.

Why I always thought Wilson was better than him and still do is Wilson keeps his composure. Wilson when he plays bad(first half vs SF) he's not killing the team with stupid turnovers that will hurt you.

While in that same game Kaepernick was also struggle but the difference is he was turning the ball over trying to make that big play. Kaepernick is very emotional he has his high's and lows so his best game is probably better than Wilson's.

Just Wilson is more even keel and won't ever fuck you out of a game.

I noticed in general this year teams have had an entire offseason to study the read option are containing it more. Last year RG3, Wilson, Kap were running wild with it. Now are being contained more. Part of it is by designed as you don't want to run your franchise QB out of the league in three years and I think part is defenses have made some adjustments as well.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Good article, dnc: "[Lockner] needs to stop being the guy who can make all the throws and become the guy who does make all of them."
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

Good article, dnc: "[Lockner] needs to stop being the guy who can make all the throws and become the guy who does make all of them."

If Grantland allowed comments I'd quote that line and say "Welcome to 2007".
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Kaepernick will be a pretty good QB in the NFL but he won't even be close to touching greatest of all time status. The guy can make Jack Lockner look like a genius out there sometimes and his accuracy isn't always the best.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    Locker was never going to be Drew Brees, but I do wonder if he had more time with Sark and Nussmeier if he actually could have developed into an accurate QB. Sark's real strengths lie in QB coaching as far as I can tell. Likewise if he had QB coaches at Tennessee it would be interesting. Right now it is not interesting.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mad_Son said:

Locker was never going to be Drew Brees, but I do wonder if he had more time with Sark and Nussmeier if he actually could have developed into an accurate QB. Sark's real strengths lie in QB coaching as far as I can tell. Likewise if he had QB coaches at Tennessee it would be interesting. Right now it is not interesting.

Lockner is still who he was in college, even with 2.5 years of pro coaching.

It has fucking played out.
  • Options
    Sark is good at preparing QB's for NFL.

Look at his "great" job with Sanchez, Leinart, Cassell, and David Booty.
  • Options

Mad_Son said:

Dowell Loggains and now Dave Ragone have been his pro "coaching". I am talking about having someone who is actually one of the top QB coaches (which yes, I believe Sark to be) work with him extensively - preferably earlier in his career. The phrase you can't teach an old dog new tricks is especially true for people of certain intellectual statures. I think Jack falls into that category.
  • Options

Sark is good at preparing QB's for NFL.

Look at his "great" job with Sanchez, Leinart, Cassell, and David Booty.

We saw how far they all got with coaching. Not everyone can be elite - I never would be. Maybe Locker reached all he is capable of but maybe he didn't. I strongly disagree with anyone who thinks that Sark is a worse QB coach than what Locker had in 2007 (spoiler alert: we didn't have a QB coach in 2007).
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

Mad_Son said:

I bet the majority of Bronco fans are glad you weren't their GM:

http://www.nfl.com/player/johnelway/2500547/profile

As always, LIPO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    edited September 2013
    Did IrishDoogFS just compare Locker to fucking Elway?!

I bet you think Sark is next Saban too.

Fuck you are Section14AFS in this thread.

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    edited September 2013

Did IrishDoogFS just compare Locker to fucking Elway?!

I bet you think Sark is next Saban too.

Fuck you are Section14AFS in this thread.

I feel sorry for you.

Hopefully the state provides some type of assistance.
  • Options
    Is this another bullshit attempt at "not defending" Locker?!

Comparing Locker to Elway is dumber than anything AuburnDoogFS has ever said.

Take that bad Doog argument back to Doogman.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Mad_Son said:

I bet the majority of Bronco fans are glad you weren't their GM:

http://www.nfl.com/player/johnelway/2500547/profile

As always, LIPO.
    Elway proved he could actually play QB in college though:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/john-elway-1.html