Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hank Paulson follows George W. Bush... Endorses Hiliary

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm not sure how this can be spun as a good thing for Trump. Paulson has never been that popular, but a former Republican cabinet member endorsing the opponent's candidate is never a good thing for the party.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I'm not sure how this can be spun as a good thing for Trump. Paulson has never been that popular, but a former Republican cabinet member endorsing the opponent's candidate is never a good thing for the party.

Unless he was the guy who was holding the keys to the treasury when the country went through the single largest stripping of economic wealth in history.

Or he's the guy who ran Goldman Sachs and is associated with the Wall Street billionaires who paid Hillary millions in secret speeches.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited June 2016
    topdawgnc said:

Unless he was the guy who was holding the keys to the treasury when the country went through the single largest stripping of economic wealth in history.

Or he's the guy who ran Goldman Sachs and is associated with the Wall Street billionaires who paid Hillary millions in secret speeches.

I rest my case:

Hank Paulson, George W. Bush’s treasury secretary, who presided over both the meltdown of the U.S. economy and the subsequent bailout of his close friends and associates, has endorsed Hillary Clinton

Paulson is also the former CEO of Goldman Sachs, which has given Hillary Clinton hundreds of thousands of dollars for speeches. According to Politico, Goldman Sachs rewarded Clinton with a total of $675,000 for three paid speeches.