Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Thanks for this brother. I taught military history at UC Davis for a couple of years as part of my Army gig. I focused 5 hours on the Korean War because this country and its peeps doesn't realize how badass those vets are and what they went through. You want to talk bad ass? Try fighting in 15 below. My first unit, the 7th Cav, immortalized by Custer and "We were Soldiers" was there. I met tons of my ancients from that war. And how brilliant was McArthurs's Inchon invasion? He wanted to nuke North of the Yangtzee. He was right. Truman fucked him. Anyway. Thank you.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2016
    koopdog said:

Thanks for this brother. I taught military history at UC Davis for a couple of years as part of my Army gig. I focused 5 hours on the Korean War because this country and its peeps doesn't realize how badass those vets are and what they went through. You want to talk bad ass? Try fighting in 15 below. My first unit, the 7th Cav, immortalized by Custer and "We were Soldiers" was there. I met tons of my ancients from that war. And how brilliant was McArthurs's Inchon invasion? He wanted to nuke North of the Yangtzee. He was right. Truman fucked him. Anyway. Thank you.

Well, I don't think there's any question about it. I mean we're the best. I mean all that bullshit about the Air Cav ... When the shit really hits the fan, who do they call? They call Mother Green and her killing machine!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,506
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Grandpa Purp was in the Korean War. Great great uncle Purp was in Bataan for WW2. Thanks for your service Koop.

#classy
    #woof
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Grandpa Purp was in the Korean War. Great great uncle Purp was in Bataan for WW2. Thanks for your service Koop.

#classy
    #woof

Did your Grandpa annoy others in the barracks with his never-ending SEC rants?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

PurpleJ said:

#classy
    #woof

Did your Grandpa annoy others in the barracks with his never-ending AXIS rants?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

#classy
    #woof

Did your Grandpa annoy others in the barracks with his never-ending SEC rants?
    No but I'm sure he mowed down lots of commie fucks.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,331
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Thank you for your service
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,993
    Founders Club

+1
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

+1
    Better than a chincredible
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,837
    koopdog said:

One of my dads was a Korean War vet. He fucking hated McArthur. Said he was a glory hound who didn't give a shit and wanted to get all his men killed.

But, yes, Korean War vets are the baddest of the bad asses.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Patton was right about Russia from the beginning.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oh, and thank you for your service. Just wanted to make sure that got out there. Hope you had a HAPPY Memorial Day!
  • Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

koopdog said:

One of my dads was a Korean War vet. He fucking hated McArthur. Said he was a glory hound who didn't give a shit and wanted to get all his men killed.

Salute one of your dads, and I wouldn't argue with him, because I only fear about 4 men on the planet and he may be one of them.

MacArthur was a Primadonna but he was right and brilliant. 5 great strategic and tactical moves in US military history; Inchon was one of them. If he was a bitch he wouldn't have left the Phillipines, etc. He deserves more credit than he gets.

Power to your dad. Sincerely. Wish I could buy him one.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,837
    koopdog said:

koopdog said:

Salute one of your dads, and I wouldn't argue with him, because I only fear about 4 men on the planet and he may be one of them.

MacArthur was a Primadonna but he was right and brilliant. 5 great strategic and tactical moves in US military history; Inchon was one of them. If he was a bitch he wouldn't have left the Phillipines, etc. He deserves more credit than he gets.

Power to your dad. Sincerely. Wish I could buy him one.
    I wish I still could too.