Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What I'm hearing about the UW athletic department

2»

Comments

• dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    Probably using the softball team in a Sandusky-esk manner.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,328 Swaye's Wigwam

I don't know man...that might be too big of a fire.

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    A fucking hen party you say?

Shocking.

Wait - no it isn't.

Instead of wearing my UW sweatshirt when I fish, I may have to start using it as an egg rag.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Whaddy'all crying about. You still have 3 baristas on staff in the AD.
  • Cohen12Cohen12 Member Posts: 79
    koopdog said:

PurpleJ said:
    It's a good thing @PostGameOrangeSlices already conceded our argument about most pussified state in America.
    The fucking irony (not Alannis Morisette version, the real deal) is that her and @Cohen12 have no problem taking their jobs based on PC progressive bullshit instead of merit, yet spout this shit. At least have some integrity and burn your fucking bras or something.
    I don't even wear a bra asshole. It's more like two buckets held together with rope.
  • Cohen12Cohen12 Member Posts: 79
    Tequilla said:

koopdog said:

PurpleJ said:
    It's a good thing @PostGameOrangeSlices already conceded our argument about most pussified state in America.
    The fucking irony (not Alannis Morisette version, the real deal) is that her and @Cohen12 have no problem taking their jobs based on PC progressive bullshit instead of merit, yet spout this shit. At least have some integrity and burn your fucking bras or something.
    Bingo.

When I read statements like the one Cauce gave, I find it really hard to not call absolute BS on her.

I'm all for women advancing as far as possible professionally. The same as for every person regardless of sex, race, religion, etc. But you need to advance in those positions based on MERIT and not because it sure would be nice to have a Hispanic, lesbian, female President just to PROVE to everybody how progressively liberal you are. If she's the best for the job, then so be it. But if you are making the hiring decision on anything outside of capabilities and ability to effectively network and communicate with the key stakeholders that the hire would be working with, then you're making a FS hire.

Same thing with Cohen. If she's the best for the job, then I have no problem with it. But she's been in the UW AD for what, 18 years? If she was really that damn good at what she did you'd have to think that somebody would have looked to hire her away at this point. 18 years in essentially the same job is a big fucking red flag to me.
    I got a job offer from Verizon a few years ago. Phone support. 12 bucks an hour. Fuck off.