Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PT Barnum is still selling his bullshit

2»

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I would TOTALLY give up Directv in order to get the Pac12 Network so I can catch these games!!!!

Who do I call to switch????
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Georgia southearm and eastern are two of the top fcs programs. That makes a lot of sense.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Georgia southearm and eastern are two of the top fcs programs. That makes a lot of sense.

Georgia State isn't Georgia Southern.

Also, playing top FCS teams is still playing fucking dreck.
    dnc said:

Time to permanently end all academis smack when the highest paid employee of your school thinks any of Hawaii, Illinois, Eastern Washington and Georgia Southern is an A opponent.

Grade inflation has gotten

when these games were scheduled, Illinois was in the rose bowl dummy

when these games were scheduled, Illinois backed its way into the rose bowl and got annihilated by USC, dummy
    When these games were scheduled, Illinois was in the rose bowl dummy
    Actually, Illinois was originally scheduled by Hedges, dummy:

http://seattletimes.com/html/huskies/2008174613_uwfb12.html

BONUS: These paragraphs are hilarious to read now...

The series with Notre Dame, BYU and Oklahoma were all in the books when Hedges retired in January 2004, and they were completed in cooperation with then-coach Rick Neuheisel. In 2002, when UW had what was perceived to be a softer-than-usual schedule, Hedges talked about the criticism she'd gotten from Huskies fans who didn't want to see a bunch of bad teams, and she noted some of the opponents in line for future years.

In fact, when Hedges left, the 2008 nonconference schedule included home games with BYU, Boise State and Notre Dame and a road game at Illinois. Oklahoma was scheduled to come in 2007, a week before Ohio State — back-to-back visits by powerhouses that would have been unprecedented in school history.
    Willingham and Zook backed into rose bowl?

Willingham and Zook backed into rose bowl?

Zook tied for second in the conference with Michigan. Ohio State was too busy getting bitchslapped in the title game to be in the Rose Bowl:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Illinois_Fighting_Illini_football_team

Willingham at least won the conference, even though as I proved years ago the Pac-10 in 1999 was the worst the Pac-10 ever was in football.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Sarkwood's scheduling formula is more like B-D-F than anything close to A-B-C. The real sin in B-D-F is not just taking a once proud major college football program down to midling level or lower, but forcing season ticket buyers and Tyee contributors into coughing up the bucks for donut hole football. It's the same sin-of-greed that had(or has) NFL owners including preseason games in their season ticket packages at full regular season price.

I did feel raped when opening the season ticket mailing packet and seeing four ISU-UW tickets there for the choke-and-puke. At $136 per seat including Tyee fee to watch the Huskies scrimmage with ISU and knowing that I'm not forced to buy into this product perversion, I can still hear Sarkwood humming that familiar Montlake tune: "Fuck you in the face a disgrace you stupid gullible Husky season ticket buying asshole!"

Compared to Sarkwood's B-D-F, sixteen penalties per game is tolerable.
    Tailgater said:

Sarkwood's scheduling formula is more like B-D-F than anything close to A-B-C. The real sin in B-D-F is not just taking a once proud major college football program down to midling level or lower, but forcing season ticket buyers and Tyee contributors into coughing up the bucks for donut hole football. It's the same sin-of-greed that had(or has) NFL owners including preseason games in their season ticket packages at full regular season price.

I did feel raped when opening the season ticket mailing packet and seeing four ISU-UW tickets there for the choke-and-puke. At $136 per seat including Tyee fee to watch the Huskies scrimmage with ISU and knowing that I'm not forced to buy into this product perversion, I can still hear Sarkwood humming that familiar Montlake tune: "Fuck you in the face a disgrace you stupid gullible Husky season ticket buying asshole!"

You can't rape the willing. People don't HAVE to buy season tickets.

If you buy season tickets for 2014, you are actively endorsing the continued pussification of Husky Football and you deserve to DIAFF.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

When these games were scheduled, Illinois was in the rose bowl dummy

PLSSFSPOTD

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Tailgater said:

If you buy season tickets for 2014, you are actively endorsing the continued pussification of Husky Football and you deserve to DIAFF.
    In the real World, the willing get raped every second of every day.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tailgater said:

Tailgater said:

In the real World, the willing get raped every second of every day.

Do you ever talk about anything besides Dawgman?

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,589 Founders Club
    you can kind of call Illinois a b game <:-. they are good some yrs. there's no excuse for the FCS teams though
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846

you can kind of call Illinois a b game <:-. they are good some yrs. there's no excuse for the FCS teams though</p>

The FCS team is going to be the second highest rated of our four opponents.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,589 Founders Club

you can kind of call Illinois a b game <:-. they are good some yrs. there's no excuse for the FCS teams though</p>

The FCS team is going to be the second highest rated of our four opponents.

vomit :-&