Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WHAT DO YOU ASSHOLES HAVE TO SAY ABOUT JEN COHEN NOW?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cohen12Cohen12 Member Posts: 79
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I'm just glad to know I'm wanted.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,450
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dflea said:

If I got way fucked up, I'd do her.

Shit, I'd probably do her anyway.

When I was a high school lad, I used to ride a Husqvarna 430XC, but I'd also grab my buddy's little brother's Big Wheel and ride that fucker down the hill and off the dock.

Both were fun rides - but you only wanted to tell people about one of them. Big Wheel riding doesn't get you any pussy.

And any of you fuckers my age that say you'd do otherwise are full of shit. You younger fuckheads should be pulling better ass than that, but you probably aren't.

So fuck off.

I'd do her and Periscope it for all of you.
    Stream or GTFO
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dflea said:

If I got way fucked up, I'd do her.

Shit, I'd probably do her anyway.

When I was a high school lad, I used to ride a Husqvarna 430XC, but I'd also grab my buddy's little brother's Big Wheel and ride that fucker down the hill and off the dock.

Both were fun rides - but you only wanted to tell people about one of them. Big Wheel riding doesn't get you any pussy.

And any of you fuckers my age that say you'd do otherwise are full of shit. You younger fuckheads should be pulling better ass than that, but you probably aren't.

So fuck off.

I'd do her and Periscope it for all of you.
    Stream or GTFO
    Since you're new to the Internet:

Search Wikipedia
    Edit
    Watch this page
    Periscope (app)
    Page issues
    Periscope
    Periscope screenshot.png
    Example of live stream being broadcast on Periscope for Android
    Original author(s) Kayvon Beykpour
    Joe Bernstein
    Aaron Wasserman
    Tyler Hansen
    Geraint Davies[1]
    Developer(s) Twitter
    Initial release 26 March 2015; 13 months ago 1 year ago
    Development status Active
    Written in Go (server-side)[2]
    Operating system iOS, tvOS, Android
    Available in Multilingual[3]
    Type Video streaming
    Social networking service
    Website www.periscope.tv
    Periscope is a live video streaming app for iOS and Android developed by Kayvon Beykpour and Joe Bernstein and acquired by Twitter before launch in 2015.

History Edit

Beykpour and Bernstein came up with the idea for Periscope while traveling abroad in 2013. Beykpour was in Istanbul when protests broke out in Taksim Square. He wanted to see what was happening there, so he turned to Twitter. While he could read about the protests, he could not see them.[4]

They started the company in February 2014, under the name Bounty.[5] They raised $1.5 million from Founder Collective, Scott Belsky, Maveron, Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Bessemer, Stanford – StartX and Sam Shank in April 2014.[6]

Periscope was acquired January 2015 by Twitter before the product had been publicly launched. One investor source says the acquisition amount was "sizeable", above $50 million. Another says it fell between $75 and $100 million. A third says the deal was "small-ish".[7]

The acquisition was officially announced in a tweet from Periscope and retweeted by Twitter CEO Dick Costolo on March 13 after the rival video streaming app Meerkat was a breakout hit at South by Southwest 2015 (March 13–17).[8][9][10] Meerkat became the talk of SXSW partially due to Twitter cutting Meerkat off from its social graph just as the festival was starting.[11]

Periscope was launched on March 26, 2015.[12][13] Later, on May 26, 2015, Periscope was released for Android.[14]

On August 12, 2015, Periscope announced that it had surpassed 10 million accounts, four months after it was launched. At the same time, the company noted that the amount of video being watched had reached a level of "40 years per day".[15] On December 9, 2015, Apple named Periscope as the iPhone App of the Year.[16] On January 26, 2016, the company released an update that allows users to stream live from GoPro.[17]

In April 2016, as part of a wider partnership with Twitter to stream selected Thursday Night Football games, the NFL announced that Periscope would feature ancillary behind the scenes content from these games.[18]

Service Edit

Periscope users have the option to tweet out a link to their Live Stream.[19] They can also choose whether or not to make their video public or viewable to only certain users.[20] Scopes can be LBB (Limited by Broadcaster) which disallows comments.

Periscope allows viewers to send "hearts" to the broadcaster by tapping on the mobile screen as a form of appreciation. Up to 500 hearts can be given per session and users can log out and log back in to give more hearts.[citation needed] The maximum number of users that can be followed is 8,000.[21]

Both the scoper and viewers of the scope are able to block viewers. When blocked by the scoper, users are added to a blocked list, and booted from the scope. If enough scopers block a user, they are blocked from the scope.[citation needed]

On September 8, 2015, Techcrunch reported and later confirmed that Periscope was building an AppleTV app.[22] On September 10, 2015, Periscope added the ability to broadcast live in landscape view.[23]