Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Cohen Hire = Lazy, Self-Congratulatory Nepotism

Comments

• Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I didnt make this point strong enough on the podcast. I should have but I was smoking a good cigar and drinking vodka in hail of our benelovent leader. We have lost America gentlemen. People get hired/elected because of gender/ sexual persuasion.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    lmao damn koopdog* and his spoilers

"the beheading of Ned Carns" hahaha.

I should have rephrased my question better since it was unceremoniously shot down by Stalin. In other words, which would be worse: losing Victor to injury or losing Baker to injury? IMO it's Baker, bowl game showed that maybe our secondary isn't as tightened up as we thought. Down just one guy, they were repeatedly gashed and looked a shell of what we saw during the regular season.

*(the car is in the mail, babe)
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Baseman said:

HHB Podcast and Husky Football: Start strongs. Both limp across the finish line.

And everyone feels sad at the end because of the awkward sexual tension.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,886
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    In that Husky Nation Fagbook page, there's a lot of enthusiasm. I'm hearing (reading technically) that she's the Jim Mora of a.d. hires. Experience doesn't matter because she has passion...

That page used to be way less Doogish.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    koopdog said:

I didnt make this point strong enough on the podcast. I should have but I was smoking a good cigar and drinking vodka in hail of our benelovent leader. We have lost America gentlemen. People get hired/elected because of gender/ sexual persuasion.

Amazingly true
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    @koopdog

In fairness, given the number of people that hate the Cohen hire for reasons outside of her merit, I'm going to throw out a few things that you could give her credit for as a devil's advocate. Blame it on the profession ... whatever the popular opinion is I take a look at the other side to see if there are any positives can be found.

You and I have very similar viewpoints when it comes to meritocracy, performance, leadership, that behind every good leader is a great supporting cast, etc.

From the beginning, I've been very critical of the likelihood of a Cohen hire not only based on her lacking resume, her own comments that show she isn't the kind of leader that an AD like Washington needs, but also because any of her "accomplishments" can be discredited as quickly as they are claimed.

Ultimately, we'll see how it plays out because there is no other choice at this point. Like you, I hope that she proves me wrong. My guess is that if there is success it will be because Pete is Pete and everything is able to piggy back off of him. Of the 3 critical points that I've laid out that she needs to immediately address in the first 12-24 months on the job, my guess is only 1 will be achieved and that will largely be because of Pete (but she will take the credit for it).
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    section8 said:

Can we skip to the part where Romars least qualified assistant gets promoted to HC after an extensive national coaching search?

Before or after UW buys out the 5 years left on Romar's deal?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

I should have rephrased my question better since it was unceremoniously shot down by Stalin. In other words, which would be worse: losing Victor to injury or losing Baker to injury? IMO it's Baker, bowl game showed that maybe our secondary isn't as tightened up as we thought. Down just one guy, they were repeatedly gashed and looked a shell of what we saw during the regular season.

The Game of Thrones talk was epic. I guess me, @Gladstone and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi should cancel our GoT pod plans.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Gladstone said:

The Game of Thrones talk was epic. I guess me, @Gladstone and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi should cancel our GoT pod plans.
    Can we reveal that our talks with Harrenhal about hosting the podcast have been progressing positively?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    Harrenhal is cursed.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I find talk of hiring Jen because she's a woman hilarious when mediocrities like Pool Boy are hired simply because they're there, and look vaguely important.

Hate her for being part of the money-losing culture of the AD, but attacking her simply for being a woman paints you into the same corner that Puppy is in with Woody.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I listened.

Chock Full of Dawgma.

It's always special when a HHB learns a new word.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dardanus said:

Gladstone said:

Can we reveal that our talks with Harrenhal about hosting the podcast have been progressing positively?
    The move to White Harbor really did wonders for the GoT podcast.
    ISAFNRC
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited May 2016

So when the fuck do I get my $10-off coupon to the rub-n-tug?

Would you like to answer China Harbor's phone for a day? Didn't think so.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

"The Beheading of Nathan Karns"
  • Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Dardanus said:

Gladstone said:

The move to White Harbor Mineral, Washington really did wonders for the GoT podcast.