Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Notwithstanding the dick jokes, that was a great listen. I am surprised at how optimistic everyone was about the Arizona game. The game scares the tar out of me. Rodriguez is a great coach and it's his second year. Man.
  • We are favored by 8.5 at home. I'm not worried like I said Sark tends to win these games.

The 4-0 start I can't wait to book mark posts and tweets for the 3 game losing streak.

I expect us to take a ton of shit after this win then same fuckers won't say a fucking word after we lose to ASU to go 4-3.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    No soft cocks! 38-24 dawgs
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Gladstone said:

Notwithstanding the dick jokes, that was a great listen. I am surprised at how optimistic everyone was about the Arizona game. The game scares the tar out of me. Rodriguez is a great coach and it's his second year. Man.

Its a bridge year for Arizona and they know it. Rich Rod is bringing in some good talent..maybe he can be a Mike Riley for them. But they lost their star qb, two best WR's and still have issues on defense. They are a one-dimensional offense right now and UW's D hasn't given up more than 17 pts at home since 2011.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Its a bridge year for Arizona and they know it. Rich Rod is bringing in some good talent..maybe he can be a Mike Riley for them. But they lost their star qb, two best WR's and still have issues on defense. They are a one-dimensional offense right now and UW's D hasn't given up more than 17 pts at home since 2011 because they played at Oregon and Arizona.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    The penalties is what will keep the game within reach for zona. If Washington is crisp in all three phases of the game, have no turnovers I like UW to win convincing.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Gladstone said:

Its a bridge year for Arizona and they know it. Rich Rod is bringing in some good talent..maybe he can be a Mike Riley for them. But they lost their star qb, two best WR's and still have issues on defense. They are a one-dimensional offense right now and UW's D hasn't given up more than 17 pts at home since 2011.
    It's a bridge year for Washington and they know it. Sarkisian is bringing in some good talent..maybe he can be a Mike Riley for them.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Did I get a shout out?
    The lack of respect for a team that plunger raped Sark rather easily last year is remarkable.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,063

No soft cocks! 38-24 dawgs

Get it right, get it tight.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    The lack of respect for a team that plunger raped Sark rather easily last year is remarkable.
    SLITP!

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I will judge Sark based on if he tries to get pass happy with Arizona or just runs the sankeytrain on Rich Rod

Rich loves his 3-3-5 which got him ran out of Ann Arbor, if we can't run all over that, TSIFO

combine that with the expected rain and wind, i put the odds of Sark throwing it all over the field at 81%

But flying up from Dallas for this, i have to force some doog optimism to keep the weekend from being ruined before it starts. So UW wins, but it's ugly.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Oregon State and Stanford either plungered or beat us rather easily in 2011 on the road. We beat both of them at home. If it was a road game, I would pick Arizona, but it's not. Using last year as your argument is FS.

Oregon State and Stanford either plungered or beat us rather easily in 2011 on the road. We beat both of them at home. If it was a road game, I would pick Arizona, but it's not. Using last year as your argument is FS.

1. Rich Rodriguez wasn't the coach of Arizona in 2011.
    2. Washington was lucky to beat both OS and Stanford at home last year.

I'm not saying it's a lock Arizona will win. I'm just saying that it is AuburndoogFuckingStupid to assume Washington wins rather easily.

I'm not saying it's a lock Arizona will win. I'm just saying that it is AuburndoogFuckingStupid to assume Washington wins rather easily.
    Having a below average to shitty defense (11th last year), a QB who can't throw and unproven WR's while playing on the road seems like a bad formula to me. That's why I think Washington wins rather easily. I don't think Arizona is very good. I guess we will see on Saturday. The line is up to 10 in places. 14 points doesn't seem too crazy to me.

Having a below average to shitty defense (11th last year), a QB who can't throw and unproven WR's while playing on the road seems like a bad formula to me. That's why I think Washington wins rather easily. I don't think Arizona is very good. I guess we will see on Saturday. The line is up to 10 in places. 14 points doesn't seem too crazy to me.

Since you're too lazy to do the research, here's some relevant information about how Sark's teams perform against mid-tier Pac-10 teams (anywhere from 3-6 to 6-3 in conference play) at home:

Beat USC (5-4) 16-13
    Beat Arizona (6-3) 36-33
    Beat Cal (5-4) 42-10

Lost to ASU (4-5) 24-14
    Beat OS (4-5) 35-34

Beat Cal (4-5) 31-23

Lost to USC (5-4) 24-14
    Beat OS (6-3) 20-17
    Beat Utah (3-6) 34-15

NOTE: In 2011, UW only beat a 2-7 Arizona team 42-31.

Unless you think Arizona is going to be 2-7 or worse in conference this year, you should assume the Huskies win a close game on Saturday. A loss to Arizona is just as likely as a double digit win.
  • I think the Huskies win but if I were to bet I'd take the points and bet on Arizona.

I hope I'm wrong and the Huskies kick the Wildcats ass but Sark tends to not blow people out. I mean Illinois should have been a blowout but Sark found a way to keep it close.

He'll do that here with bad RZ play calling and the lack of discipline will stall a drive or two.

I have the Huskies winning 27-24.
    edited September 2013

Since you're too lazy to do the research, here's some relevant information about how Sark's teams perform against mid-tier Pac-10 teams (anywhere from 3-6 to 6-3 in conference play) at home:

Beat USC (5-4) 16-13
    Beat Arizona (6-3) 36-33
    Beat Cal (5-4) 42-10

Lost to ASU (4-5) 24-14
    Beat OS (4-5) 35-34

Beat Cal (4-5) 31-23

Lost to USC (5-4) 24-14
    Beat OS (6-3) 20-17
    Beat Utah (3-6) 34-15

NOTE: In 2011, UW only beat a 2-7 Arizona team 42-31.

Unless you think Arizona is going to be 2-7 or worse in conference this year, you should assume the Huskies win a close game on Saturday. A loss to Arizona is just as likely as a double digit win.
    This is pressing in my opinion. It remains to be proven, but I think we are substantially better than those teams, especially 2009 and 2010. Sark is Sark, so you could be right, but I just don't see it. I wouldn't be surprised if he kept it close like More Time said. It's happened before. Next week is when the season starts and could officially be over with a plunger raping.

Did Emmert pass a new NCAA rule that only allowed Washington to get better between 2012 and 2013?

If so, was it following up a rule that said UW had to tread water from 2009 through 2012?

Did Emmert pass a new NCAA rule that only allowed Washington to get better between 2012 and 2013?

If so, was it following up a rule that said UW had to tread water from 2009 through 2012?

Huh? There's no point arguing with you. It's just a prediction.