Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baby. Back. Bitch.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He would have gotten a yellow card for that in a REAL sport.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    PurpleJ said:

There is a reason why you consider that a REAL sport ... would you like me to share the reason why or would you?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

There is a reason why you consider that a REAL sport ... would you like me to share the reason why or would you?
    I doubt anyone cares about your opinion. Fire away.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Let's just start with the fact that you are about as tall as LBJ's dick ... so you got no chance playing basketball or football or hockey or really even baseball with few exceptions ... soccer is one of the only sports where you can play and height isn't necessarily an issue at the highest levels
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Let's just start with the fact that you are about as tall as LBJ's dick ... so you got no chance playing basketball or football or hockey or really even baseball with few exceptions ... soccer is one of the only sports where you can play and height isn't necessarily an issue at the highest levels

Not if you want to play goalie.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2016
    Tequilla said:

I had two teammates go in the first round. I'm pretty good. Height matters at CB and GK, though there are plenty of examples of guys my size who excel there. I even played a bit of goalie and recorded a shutout in high school as an emergency backup. Height also matters up front if you play a target man there.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

I had two teammates go in the first round. I'm pretty good. Height matters at CB and GK, though there are plenty of examples of guys my size who excel there. I even played a bit of goalie and recorded a shutout in high school as an emergency backup. Height also matters up front if you play a target man there.
    Ladies and gentlemen #TacTownTUFF
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

Ladies and gentlemen #TacTownTUFF
    You know it bitch.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2016

Did you play for United, J? If not, you were bad at soccer. Anyone worth a shit in that sport played for them.

Not the case. Beat that team on more than one occasion in state. They had their share of average players and played a really rigid, boring style. Two touch possession ball and little creativity. Predictable.

My age group a lot of powers in Crossfire, Norpoint, Federal Way, NW Nationals, Emerald City, Yakima, Spokane, etc. The guys who were going pro weren't playing club ball by high school. There was Super-Y league, a predecessor to the MLS academies. ODP and National Teams. One of the guys I knew went pro at 16. Also knew a lot of guys who should have and flamed out due to injuries or poor life choices (i.e. doing blow/percs/oxy at halftime).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But did you earn your Capri Sun and Fruit Snacks afterward? Did your dad pay you $5 every time you scored a goal? Did you get your picture taken in your uniform and put it on the fridge? Was there a pizza party at the end of the season where everyone laughed and laughed and laughed?!
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

But did you earn your Capri Sun and Fruit Snacks afterward? Did your dad pay you $5 every time you scored a goal? Did you get your picture taken in your uniform and put it on the fridge? Was there a pizza party at the end of the season where everyone laughed and laughed and laughed?!

After dominating the red clay of Brigadoon for several years, I was recruited to play "competitive" where I joined the Zappers and earned a fuck ton of 2nd place Medals due to Euro trash fake injury tactics.

Disillusioned, i hung my cleats up for good at the age of 13.

The next day I grew first hair on ball.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

New Collegedoog same as the old Collegedoog.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2016

PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

New Collegedoog same as the old Collegedoog.
    I'll take that as a compliment.

P.S. This playbook always works and brings about the fags who *really* care. HTH.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Not if you want to play goalie.
    *-Keeper
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Did you play for United, J? If not, you were bad at soccer. Anyone worth a shit in that sport played for them.

Not the case. Beat that team on more than one occasion in state. They had their share of average players and played a really rigid, boring style. Two touch possession ball and little creativity. Predictable.

My age group a lot of powers in Crossfire, Norpoint, Federal Way, NW Nationals, Emerald City, Yakima, Spokane, etc. The guys who were going pro weren't playing club ball by high school. There was Super-Y league, a predecessor to the MLS academies. ODP and National Teams. One of the guys I knew went pro at 16. Also knew a lot of guys who should have and flamed out due to injuries or poor life choices (i.e. doing blow/percs/oxy at halftime).
    There has been way, way more lost talent in football and basketball from Tacoma than soccer.

Some of the kids from youth football were unbelievable an better than guys who went on to play in college and the NFL. Same for basketball.