Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Carlos Johnson (2016 SG) commits

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Shabazz Napier hit .429 his senior year when he won the title. Deron Williams never hit above .433 in college. Jordan Farmar shot 41% both years. in college. Were they bad shot takers too? I doubt they got to the line like IT either. IT wasn't a good shooter, streaky at best, but he always got his 12-25 points no matter what. Don't be such a stat geek to not realize the impact he was making.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2016

Shabazz Napier hit .429 his senior year when he won the title. Deron Williams never hit above .433 in college. Jordan Farmar shot 41% both years. in college. Were they bad shot takers too? I doubt they got to the line like IT either. IT wasn't a good shooter, streaky at best, but he always got his 12-25 points no matter what. Don't be such a stat geek to not realize the impact he was making.

I'm using the stats to back up what I saw on the court, not the other way around. He took bad, contested shots. My opinion started with my eyes, and the stats confirmed what I saw. He made bad passes too, which is confirmed by the assist/to ratio. I won't comment on those other guys because I didn't watch their seasons closely. I did watch IT's.

Your point about him getting to the line so much is a good one in his favor for being a major asset to the team, though. I didn't realize he was second in the conference as a frosh. Very impressive.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The offense consisted of IT getting into the lane and making something happen. He would shoot bad, contested shots. He still does. Westbrook still takes bad shots every single game. That was also part of the offense. That team had Brockman and were one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the country. Romar balls needs a guy who can get to the rim at will. Before IT they had nobody who could do that. We all know there is no half court offense.
  • Options

The offense consisted of IT getting into the lane and making something happen. He would shoot bad, contested shots. He still does. Westbrook still takes bad shots every single game. That was also part of the offense. That team had Brockman and were one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the country. Romar balls needs a guy who can get to the rim at will. Before IT they had nobody who could do that. We all know there is no half court offense.

Hence why I think Brockman was the most important player on that team.

IT was probably second though. I still think the team's pretty good without him and Dentmon makes a big leap as a senior without him. Obviously we'll never know.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Dropping the stat side of things...Frosh IT made 2008-09 the most enjoyable team I've ever watched at UW IMO. He came in and was the immediate alpha and catalyst for going from .500 to P12 champs. How could you not be a huge fan of him then? wtf dnc
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Fultz next year could end up being the closest thing to a true floor general we?'ve had since IT. But the supporting talent definitely isn't up to par to make up for Romar's shit coaching.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

Fultz next year could end up being the closest thing to a true floor general we?'ve had since IT. But the supporting talent definitely isn't up to par to make up for Romar's shit coaching.

Disagree.

Losing Murray and Chriss hurts, but a REAL coach does a LOT with the talent at Montlake. Romar might be lucky enough to fail into a tourney bid if his young talent keep developing.

Recruiting/talent has never really been the issue. Now more than ever.
  • Options

I always got a kick out of the old, rich, white crowd that hated Venoy and IT for being "thugs" that led us to the conference title. The fight with ASU confirmed it for most of them. Romar running on the court and restraining the hood rats form curb stomping Harden and Glasser was an all time great moment in UW bball history.

In my defense, I was always pro thug

#FQ #BigPimpin