Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM from HereToBeatUWADCock

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chest is what happens when a math nerd tries to understand football. I'm willing to bet he never played a down.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I didn't mind the metrics in terms of saying it looks like UW is moving along the right path but to fucking keep harping on the metrics as if the past 2 years didn't happen was disingenuous bullshit.

We've been hearing about UW getting better, moving the right path for the last 15+ years and it hasn't translated into wins. Show me the fucking wins on the field and then I'll get excited about your gay fucking metrics.

I'm a pretty big believer in metrics and think they can be very useful, but exactly this.
    Jack Locknee is a great example. He had all the metrics you could ask for yet he couldn't put it to work on the field.
    Jack's advanced metric numbers were actually pretty terrible. It was his combine type stuff that was so was impressive.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Chest is what happens when a math nerd tries to understand football. I'm willing to bet he never played a down.

Youean like Mike Leach? ;)
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

Chest is what happens when a math nerd tries to understand football. I'm willing to bet he never got down in a 4 point stance and taken a REAL hit

OK!
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,526
    Standard Supporter
    Jack Locknee is a great example. He had all the metrics you could ask for at SS yet he couldn't put it to work on the field.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    There are metrics for Mom kissing?

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,886
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The stat nerds need to stay with beisbol, which has already been ruined. Don't ruin football too.

SRS has some validity, but he relied on it way too much vs. winning percentage. You have to actually win.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I didn't mind the metrics in terms of saying it looks like UW is moving along the right path but to fucking keep harping on the metrics as if the past 2 years didn't happen was disingenuous bullshit.

We've been hearing about UW getting better, moving the right path for the last 15+ years and it hasn't translated into wins. Show me the fucking wins on the field and then I'll get excited about your gay fucking metrics.

Nacho how many times do I have to explain the reasons for Pete's struggles the last 2 years, to field a team that can compete at this level. You aint gettin back on the wagon next year either. Here's Pup's list of fucktarded HH posters who have written Pete off unfairly, criticized his coaching, demanded the unattainable and beaten him up regularly without a clue of the circumstances there within. These fuckholes are officially out as of 5-12-'16, and AINT gettin on the Pup-Pete wagon next year and going forward:

1. J- No hope for this guy. Ditched the dawgs and entire pac12 for the SEC. Traitor of worst kind.

2-. Boobs- Already checked out, trying to crawl back but too late. Dont know how good you have it till its gone babs.

3. Nacho- no clue how college football works, how bad Sark left program, no understanding of strength of this conference and how hard it is to win with Cyler Myress and then true freshmen and sophomores at near every position. Oh, throw in a high schooler to start at QB (and his blind side at Lt and RT). Nacho, you aint ever coming back to Pete's side. These guys are all interchangeable, but Nacho is a candidate #1 for sure

4. PLEsE- new and insignificant

5. Race- Closet Traitor but not surprising. He was spoiled by early 90's dawgs and expects every player to be #90, #8, #5, #4 and #9. Told people then that these guys were once-in-a-decade guys or longer. I go way back with Race which is why I was surprised he jumped on Pete's back with a sledge hammer, but still have faith in him. He's not getting back on Pete's wagon though. You pissed on the wrong coach Race you cunt.

All I have time for today. Ill round out top 10 later. Remember, these Five Fucks arent getting on dawg wagon next year or the next. They all already wrote off Pete. Tommy too insignificant to list so he just honorable mention. I need a list of nobodies next. Tommy ill give you the #1 spot ok?

Tldr, jesus
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nacho how many times do I have to explain the reasons for Pete's struggles the last 2 years, to field a team that can compete at this level. You aint gettin back on the wagon next year either. Here's Pup's list of fucktarded HH posters who have written Pete off unfairly, criticized his coaching, demanded the unattainable and beaten him up regularly without a clue of the circumstances there within. These fuckholes are officially out as of 5-12-'16, and AINT gettin on the Pup-Pete wagon next year and going forward:

1. J- No hope for this guy. Ditched the dawgs and entire pac12 for the SEC. Traitor of worst kind.

2-. Boobs- Already checked out, trying to crawl back but too late. Dont know how good you have it till its gone babs.

3. Nacho- no clue how college football works, how bad Sark left program, no understanding of strength of this conference and how hard it is to win with Cyler Myress and then true freshmen and sophomores at near every position. Oh, throw in a high schooler to start at QB (and his blind side at Lt and RT). Nacho, you aint ever coming back to Pete's side. These guys are all interchangeable, but Nacho is a candidate #1 for sure

5. Race- Closet Traitor but not surprising. He was spoiled by early 90's dawgs and expects every player to be #90, #8, #5, #4 and #9. Told people then that these guys were once-in-a-decade guys or longer. I go way back with Race which is why I was surprised he jumped on Pete's back with a sledge hammer, but still have faith in him. He's not getting back on Pete's wagon though. You pissed on the wrong coach Race you cunt.

All I have time for today. Ill round out top 10 later. Remember, these Five Fucks arent getting on dawg wagon next year or the next. They all already wrote off Pete. Tommy too insignificant to list so he just honorable mention. I need a list of nobodies next. Tommy ill give you the #1 spot ok?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nacho? I'm stupid?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

I'm a pretty big believer in metrics and think they can be very useful, but exactly this.
    Jack Locknee is a great example. He had all the metrics you could ask for yet he couldn't put it to work on the field.
    Actually his metrics rather sucked.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

The stat nerds need to stay with beisbol, which has already been ruined. Don't ruin football too.

SRS has some validity, but he relied on it way too much vs. winning percentage. You have to actually win.

Am hearing there's a grassroots movement for Wins -currently out of vogue, especially among Husky followers- to move back into the top 10 most important criteria to judge a football team - possibly as early as 2021. Stay tuned...
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

Am hearing there's a grassroots movement for Wins -currently out of vogue, especially among Husky followers- to move back into the top 10 most important criteria to judge a football team - possibly as early as 2021. Stay tuned...
    Gate
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717

Metrics are fine to an extent, but when you are arguing that 7-6 Arkansas is better than 12-1 FSU, you know you are too deep into te stat geek world.

That FSU team was overrated all year though in the polls and by the "eye test" and that played out in the playoffs. That is a feather in the cap of the metrics IMO not a black mark.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Baseman said:

America's Doog downvoted this.