Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The greatest, most important band of our (?) generation

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Why Pearl Jam 2016 Is Better (and More Important) Than Pearl Jam 1991

As a result, I’ve pretty much gone through life with the p.o.v. that Pearl Jam is a band that’s been lucky enough to ride the coattails of their early ‘90s mega-success, when they — along with Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and Soundgarden — ruled the rock world, but since then, have never really come close to the energy/grooves of their first album. What a difference a few hours make.

What I realized last night, is that the one thing a concertgoer gets to see, that you’ll never experience listening to an iPod, or the radio, or even watching a video, is the earnestness. What I saw last night is a band of guys who not only care deeply about the music they play, as well as believe in what they’re doing, they truly appreciate every second of the success they’ve been lucky enough to attract. And it shows.
Tagged:

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Huffington Post is your source??
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

There is an appropriate one-liner here somewhere that includes APAG, but I'm not thinking clear enough to fire it correctly.
    pawz said:

dnc said:

There is an appropriate one-liner here somewhere that includes APAG, but I'm not thinking clear enough to fire it correctly.
    Speaking of appropriate lines, if it wasn't already after midnight my response to the link should have been:

Meh. This is just classic confirmation bias. It's telling because we want it to be telling. But these exact comments are made by reporters every single time there's a band at MSG. Sometimes they're telling, sometimes they're not. Time will tell.

Either way it will be interesting.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Ho. Lee. Fook.

For diversity n shit.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    PJ ladles cock gravy, HTH.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They stole my initials and I'm fucking PISSED.
    PurpleJ said:

They stole my initials and I'm fucking PISSED.

@PurpJ ladles cock gravy, HTH.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Those aren't my real initials. Tee hee.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

pawz said:

dnc said:

Speaking of appropriate lines, if it wasn't already after midnight my response to the link should have been:

Meh. This is just classic confirmation bias. It's telling because we want it to be telling. But these exact comments are made by reporters every single time there's a band at MSG. Sometimes they're telling, sometimes they're not. Time will tell.

That would have been apropriate. LOL

And to bring that full circle, one of my all-time favorite PJ bootlegs is an MSG show. I can't remember the exact year, but it was the first one after 9/11. They literally shook the stage in a way less than a hand full of bands ever had.

And then, the googles found this ...

music-critic.com/concerts/pearljam_msg_070903.htm

The energy of the crowd made the floor and the stage shake. This phenomena scared the band to death at first, but MSG staff told Vedder during the first night that it was safe, so Ed encouraged it the second night. Ed was told that only The Grateful Dead, Iron Maiden, and Bruce Springsteen had caused the stage to shake like that in the past, so that's the company Pearl Jam is in now.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    pawz said:

dnc said:

pawz said:

dnc said:

And to bring that full circle, one of my all-time favorite PJ bootlegs is an MSG show. I can't remember the exact year, but it was the first one after 9/11. They literally shook the stage in a way less than a hand full of bands ever had.

The energy of the crowd made the floor and the stage shake. This phenomena scared the band to death at first, but MSG staff told Vedder during the first night that it was safe, so Ed encouraged it the second night. Ed was told that only The Grateful Dead, Iron Maiden, and Bruce Springsteen had caused the stage to shake like that in the past, so that's the company Pearl Jam is in now.

• H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    pawz said:

dnc said:

pawz said:

dnc said:

Meh. This is just classic confirmation bias. It's telling because we want it to be telling. But these exact comments are made by reporters every single time there's a band at MSG that shakes the stage. Sometimes they're telling, sometimes they're not. Time will tell.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TL, DR:

Pearl Jam sucks.

Here is the correct answer:
    https://youtu.be/36J3sC1jAtY