Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Romar hiring womens coach solely to help with recruiting

NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.com/news/washington-adds-key-assistant-coach

He's the dad of Michael (No. 2 recruit in 2017 class) and Jontay (already committed to UW for 2018). Both are moving to Seattle with their dad now.

(we'll still find a way to not land Michael and Romar still sucks)

Comments

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited May 2016
    Wait, I stopped paying attention. Did coach Chill have a nervous breakdown when he realized he could have had a natty ring under an actual coach but decided on a couple offseason natties instead? Or did UW realize the other coach Chill never finished his undergrad? Who is this highly sought-after women's assistant at Missouri replacing?

*P.S. I love how Romar's previous 2 hires were Otz, who's a stud recruiter and on the path to being a HC unless he decides making hundreds of Gs to pretend to teach Derrick Rose and Jimmy Butler better technique...and replaced him with another stud recruiter who keeps Costco-sized boxes of venti Starbucks cups in his office who's also on his way to being a HC somewhere.

And his next 2 hires were a guy who had not completed his degree yet when was hired and had to promise to finish the credits before the end of summer...and a longtime uninspring women's coach.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'm hearing that Romar does things "the right way."

I don't support Romar, but I support the fuck out of this hire.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm hearing that Romar does things "the right way."

OMG if Hurley was hiring this guy. Or Martin at Cal. I can practically already see spadoFS, dawgscoachnews, and huskylawyer (in between poasts telling other dooglers how to talk to girls) circle jerking about how it's classless and they're so glad we have a coach who makes the NIT every 4 years and does it the RIGHT way!111!!!1!!1!!!! While dawgscoachnews tells a story about playing 36 holes with larry scott, the ceo of dish and mike emmart because they couldn't decide between pebble or spyglass and bleenor decided to pick up the tab and just play both. And so while picking up their medium-rare filets with a side of cous cous and a merlots that drink like cabs imported from Veenos at the landing before changing over from spyglass to pebble, larry scott and emmhart told him that Sean Miller paid Alonzo Trier $2,146,869.00 to come to U of yay. But they're sitting on it for right now because they're waiting for the big bombshell to be released first that bleens swore to secrecy about. But that it should come down any day now and could spell trouble for every pac12 school except for UW. And Emmhart told him not to tell anyone so make sure this stays in chat. Because on the charter plane back to walla walla cc for another 18 to finish off the day, he was watching dish anywhere on his ipad he got for free for signing up for dish, Emmhart, Lenny Scott and dish ceo were all huddled around him trying to watch his feed of the game the other night and before bleens called his buddy at the office in Seecockus, NJ where he was told definitively it was NOT a foul, Emmhart and Lenny pulled him aside to let him know if this news about Trier and the impending investigation gets out, it will jeopardize the investigation headed by Eric Holder that will bring down 11 of the pac12 schools. So make sure you do not tell a soul. So bleens told everyone to stay tuned and to make sure this stays in chat.

But he just wants everyone to know that Lenny, Emhurst and the dish ceo all confirmed to him that Romar is the only coach in the pac that does things the right way!11!1!!!! Which was also confirmed by (fuck)Hugh Millen (had to throw a Curb joke in there).
    You must be collegedoogs infamous fishscale connect.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Passion said:

Anyone who still celebrates romar's recruiting successes deserves a shoe in the nuts.

Your very best effort
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

I don't personally care that we hired a guy to get recruits ... as has been noted throughout the day that this is a common practice in college sports.

What really pisses me off is that for years one of the primary excuses that has been thrown out to defend Romar's uninspiring record has been that he does things the right way in the program and doesn't stoop to cheating and playing the game the way that other schools do.

So, if you're going to play the game like the big boys (which this hire is doing), then you better fucking win with the big boys.

If you don't ... door. ass. out.

My point exactly.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I don't personally care that we hired a guy to get recruits ... as has been noted throughout the day that this is a common practice in college sports.

What really pisses me off is that for years one of the primary excuses that has been thrown out to defend Romar's uninspiring record has been that he does things the right way in the program and doesn't stoop to cheating and playing the game the way that other schools do.

So, if you're going to play the game like the big boys (which this hire is doing), then you better fucking win with the big boys.

My point exactly.
    I was just spelling that shit out for you and describing what Romar is ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao4I-3Eb0Mk
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

My point exactly.
    I was just spelling that shit out for you and describing what Romar is ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao4I-3Eb0Mk
    The Enzo Amore shout-out deserves buttchincredibles
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Michael Porter will be a great get. Hopefully Fultz stays because I really think Romar could make the final 4 of the NIT.

Imagine the free pub we'll? get giving up 100+ to Valparaiso in Madison Square Garden!!!!!
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AlCzervik said:

Michael Porter will be a great get. Hopefully Fultz stays because I really think Romar could make the final 4 of the NIT.

Imagine the free pub we'll? get giving up 100+ to Valparaiso in Madison Square Garden!!!!!
    I like to call it "The Garden". It's what I like to do.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    As long as the Porter's come to RBV and lead #MyVikings to another state title, OK!
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Many moons ago I remember DM.c railing on and on about how UW lost harden based on his coach being hired to ASU.

Ah, how times have changed
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    Standard Supporter

As long as the Porter's come to RBV and lead #MyVikings to another state title, OK!

I'm hearing it's Garfield
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I'm hearing it's Lakeside
    Then again, @collegedoog is my source.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

I'm hearing it's Garfield
    Well fuck them then.