Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Ted Cruz

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

2001400ex said:

2016 GOP = 1999 Pac-10

Yup and Stanford lost in the Rose bowl just like Trump will lose the general.

As a side note, Ty was the coach of the year that year. Thanks for the reminder, dick.
    Problem for Hillary is that Bernie continues to push her more and more to the left. You'll start seeing the moderate voters go to Trump. Bernie has the excitement of the young vote, but the young vote won't vote if Bernie isn't in it. Hillary is in a losing position. If Bernie had gotten out earlier I'd agree with you, but the longer Bernie lingers, the more Hillary is hurt.

You can joke that a crippled Hillary could beat Trump, but I don't see it. Hillary was already a weak candidate, and now getting hit from both sides is going to cause her major problems. Bernie will go after her big money, and trump will go after her character. It doesn't look good for her.

Also, momentum is key. Hillary may easily lose 75% of the remaining states, which means she'll still win the nomination, but will be severely wounded. Trump being a hunter is going to hunt.
    I agree with more of this than not
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

2001400ex said:

2016 GOP = 1999 Pac-10

As a side note, Ty was the coach of the year that year. Thanks for the reminder, dick.
    Problem for Hillary is that Bernie continues to push her more and more to the left. You'll start seeing the moderate voters go to Trump. Bernie has the excitement of the young vote, but the young vote won't vote if Bernie isn't in it. Hillary is in a losing position. If Bernie had gotten out earlier I'd agree with you, but the longer Bernie lingers, the more Hillary is hurt.

You can joke that a crippled Hillary could beat Trump, but I don't see it. Hillary was already a weak candidate, and now getting hit from both sides is going to cause her major problems. Bernie will go after her big money, and trump will go after her character. It doesn't look good for her.

Also, momentum is key. Hillary may easily lose 75% of the remaining states, which means she'll still win the nomination, but will be severely wounded. Trump being a hunter is going to hunt.
    I agree with more of this than not
    TL DR
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2016 GOP = 1999 Pac-10

Since when did the nomination process have a bearing on the general election? It's awfully warm for November.

Reality is, both Hillary and Trump are involved in litigation/investigation. Both have the highest negatives ever, with both over 50%. Both are fucktarded. Both are habitual liars. And that's what the voters of each party chose to represent them in the general election.
    I like to compare civil litigation versus criminal investigations leading to indictment and claim that they are similar ... that's what I like to do
  • Options
    I don't think that a lot of what Sanders says today will have a huge bearing on the general election from the standpoint that he's not going out of his way to attack her on anything other than the issues. Hillary's two facedness has easily navigated that by claiming that she's more similar to Sanders than not ... which nobody is buying. That's where Sanders can and will hurt her going forward.

Trump's major issues is that he's going to have to make sure that he doesn't completely alienate ethnic/gender groups and probably more accurately can mend the fences a bit to get the groups to understand that his opinions aren't due to anything other than the issues and facts facing the country. He's going to have to also make sure that he can navigate the waters on items like national security, education, and healthcare in a way that minimizes advantages that Clinton holds on him there ... which is really telling to me because there's no world that should exist where Clinton can claim that she's far superior in national security given her time as Secretary of State.

Where I can see Trump making some major inroads in the election is that he'll be able to spin Hillary around in a world of contradictions because she's the definition of a scripted shrill that speaks out of both sides of her mouth depending on who is listening. She's likely to bring up the woman card repeatedly and will probably do so at some point during a situation where Trump's attacking her on the issues and not for being a woman. Hillary's biggest enemy in the national election will be herself.

The other thing that I see being fascinating is how some non-traditional states for each party will be in play. Trump is going to be going hard after the disenchanted (white) vote in states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin who are pretty pissed off at many of their traditional jobs fading away and a feeling that the Democratic Party is pandering more and more to the underserved and minority votes to win. If Trump can tap into that he has a great chance to make inroads there. On the other hand, the exact messaging from Trump that can help him will hurt him in some southern states where offense can be taken like Georgia, Florida, and the Carolinas.

I'd say that the odds would definitely favor Hillary to win ... but at the same time, I can completely see a world where Trump can spin her around enough to look so stupid that he could get a dominating victory similar to what has been evidenced during the Republican Primary Season.
  • Options
    And as for Ted Cruz, my bet is that you haven't seen the last of him and his influence in this election cycle as well as it plays out for 2020/2024.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

And as for Ted Cruz, my bet is that you haven't seen the last of him and his influence in this election cycle as well as it plays out for 2020/2024.

Disagree, with prejudice. Ted's done.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Trump won because he overturned the paradigm and treated the race like a branding exercise. Interesting to see whether this represents the first domino in a shift toward an explicitly branding-based conception of politics, within which people like Jeb and Ted have zero chance of succeeding.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

2016 GOP = 1999 Pac-10

I've learned that any Season that USC or UW doesn't win the Rose Bowl means the Pac 12 sucked that year. It's just what I've learned, so don't twist.
    The champ lost to SJSU and by 52 points to Texas, but still.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    16 losers with varied ideas, lost.

Since John McCain, the republicans have won elections yet failed. They ran making promises to stop Obama's agenda and failed to stop him or even slow his agenda down.

Trump won. It is on the losers to fall in line with what the winner needs them to do. The losers need to stop crying/whining. Note to losers: you picked a loser to follow. Your judgement, alone. You thought they were a winner, they weren't.

Hiliary must be defeated. Nothing else matters. This... deep down... You know. So, suck it up. Time for you to follow a winner. Parties are much more fun!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    topdawgnc said:

Trump:

38 million spent this primary cycle
    No speech writers
    No pollsters
    No PAC
    NO SUBSTANCE
    Attacked by everyone ... including his own party
    19 million spent against him in FL, where he beat the favorite son by 20 points
    Finished 1st or 2nd in every primary

He isn't afraid to sling it ...

No tell me again why he's not a viable candidate?

Winners Win. But when it's the losers that are voting him in, what does that mean for our country.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2016 GOP = 1999 Pac-10

Since when did the nomination process have a bearing on the general election? It's awfully warm for November.

Reality is, both Hillary and Trump are involved in litigation/investigation. Both have the highest negatives ever, with both over 50%. Both are fucktarded. Both are habitual liars. And that's what the voters of each party chose to represent them in the general election.
    I like to compare civil litigation versus criminal investigations leading to indictment and claim that they are similar ... that's what I like to do
    You are right. Trump cheated people out of their money and provided nothing to the people that paid. Hillary is subject of a 4 year investigation that's turned up nothing except 26 potentially classified emails out of 60,000.

Thanks for reminding that Trump is the bigger asshole.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Tequilla said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2016 GOP = 1999 Pac-10

You are right. Trump cheated people out of their money and provided nothing to the people that paid. Hillary is subject of a 4 year investigation that's turned up nothing except 26 potentially classified emails out of 60,000.

Thanks for reminding that Trump is the bigger asshole.
    At least nobody died in Benghazi
    4 years later with several investigations. All they found was 26 classified emails.

Do you have a point?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

It seems forgotten that Bill Clinton pissed a lot of people off during the first part of his first term. The result was a massive turnout by the "angry white male vote", the left's favorite term for those who oppose them. That turnout flipped both houses of congress in 1994, giving republicans control for the first time since just after WWII.

Obama has also pissed off a large contingency, resulting in the dems once again losing both houses of congress, but the republicans dropped the ball after being swept in, showing that they're more concerned with retaining power than challenging and rolling back Obama's policies.

Trump is the fuck you to both parties vote for a very large number of people who have had it with the direction this country has taken. I wrongfully thought people would tire of him by now and a more mainstream candidate would emerge, but he's locked up the nomination and is picking up steam. It wouldn't be shocking if he actually pulls this thing off. #ABC
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

It seems forgotten that Bill Clinton pissed a lot of people off during the first part of his first term. The result was a massive turnout by the "angry white male vote", the left's favorite term for those who oppose them. That turnout flipped both houses of congress in 1994, giving republicans control for the first time since just after WWII.

Obama has also pissed off a large contingency, resulting in the dems once again losing both houses of congress, but the republicans dropped the ball after being swept in, showing that they're more concerned with retaining power than challenging and rolling back Obama's policies.

Trump is the fuck you to both parties vote for a very large number of people who have had it with the direction this country has taken. I wrongfully thought people would tire of him by now and a more mainstream candidate would emerge, but he's locked up the nomination and is picking up steam. It wouldn't be shocking if he actually pulls this thing off. #ABC

Americans are dumb.

Trump can win.