Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hunter Bryant to UW

Comments

• Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:
    I hadn't see this yet...wow! Holy hell he looks good.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

HIGHLIGHTS --> 5 tds & 265 yds in 1st half.

Who the fuck was Eastside Catholic playing?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ryhrCX12SuA&feature=youtu.be

Add this guy to the three WRs in this class...wow.

OTOH, he did let those little midgets tackle him once.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

He's a slightly slower Daniels replacement who will actually catch anything you throw in his general direction. Which IMO is an improvement.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    NEsnake12 said:

AIRWOLF said:

He's a slightly slower Daniels replacement who will actually catch anything you throw in his general direction. Which IMO is an improvement.
    Can he block as well as Daniels?
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

NEsnake12 said:

AIRWOLF said:

Eastside Catholic lines him up out wide or in the slot 90% of the time so it's hard to assess how good at that part of the game he is, but he does maul the DBs that cover him when EC runs the ball. He's 6'3, 240 and an absolute freak in the weight room, and given how well we've coached up our current TE's at blocking I have 0 doubt that he'll turn into just as good of a blocker as Daniels is.

By his 2nd year he'll likely be in the TE rotation full time, blocking just as well as the rest of them. I also think he'll be one of the few in this class to play as a true frosh too, just given that he can immediately be a fucking force on special teams given his athletic ability and body type.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TL;DR: BLACK BEAST.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    Standard Supporter
    The 2017 team will be pretty darn deep and TE will have 4 guys ahead of Bryant so I hope he redshirts:

RS-JR Sample
    RS-SR Ajamu
    RS-Soph Neal
    Grayshirt Jacob Kizer

There is a chance though that they redshirt Kizer and play Bryant if Bryant forces them to him on the field.

NEsnake12 said:

Tequilla said:

NEsnake12 said:

AIRWOLF said:

Eastside Catholic lines him up out wide or in the slot 90% of the time so it's hard to assess how good at that part of the game he is, but he does maul the DBs that cover him when EC runs the ball. He's 6'3, 240 and an absolute freak in the weight room, and given how well we've coached up our current TE's at blocking I have 0 doubt that he'll turn into just as good of a blocker as Daniels is.

By his 2nd year he'll likely be in the TE rotation full time, blocking just as well as the rest of them. I also think he'll be one of the few in this class to play as a true frosh too, just given that he can immediately be a fucking force on special teams given his athletic ability and body type.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

The 2017 team will be pretty darn deep and TE will have 4 guys ahead of Bryant so I hope he redshirts:

RS-JR Sample
    RS-SR Ajamu SR #OurDissly
    RS-Soph Neal
    Grayshirt Jacob Kizer

There is a chance though that they redshirt Kizer and play Bryant if Bryant forces them to him on the field.

NEsnake12 said:

Tequilla said:

NEsnake12 said:

AIRWOLF said:

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Just wait until Socha gets his hands on him.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Forgot about true SR @DisslyDawg. His upside isn't the highest but a real OKG.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Yes let's leave it at that.
    AIRWOLF said:

HFNY said:

Forgot about true SR @DisslyDawg. His upside isn't the highest but a real OKG.

He is an extra Tackle and I mean that in the best way possible.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

The disrespect of Dissly is real! He is one of the most important players on the team. No joke.

I don't know if he is "one of the most important players on the team," but his blocking is certainly underappreciated.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

The disrespect of Dissly is real! He is one of the most important players on the team. No joke.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I certainly meant my post as a compliment.
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I think Bryant would be better used on the defensive side of the ball, especially considering how little we use the tight end in the pass game. Cade Otton looks to be about the athlete that Drew Sample is and he is doing just fine. Bryant is a special athletic talent and it seems like it would be a waste to put him on the offensive side of the ball and get targeted 2 twice a game. If we are going to throw to him then I'm fine with him as TE... just don't want to see him wasted.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

I think Bryant would be better used on the defensive side of the ball, especially considering how little we use the tight end in the pass game. Cade Otton looks to be about the athlete that Drew Sample is and he is doing just fine. Bryant is a special athletic talent and it seems like it would be a waste to put him on the offensive side of the ball and get targeted 2 twice a game. If we are going to throw to him then I'm fine with him as TE... just don't want to see him wasted.

One concern I don't have is that Petersen will squander special talent by under-utilizing it.

If the Huskies have a TE worthy of being featured in the passing game, I would expect the offense to feature him.
  • Options
    AIRWOLF said:

One concern I don't have is that Petersen will squander special talent by under-utilizing it.

If the Huskies have a TE worthy of being featured in the passing game, I would expect the offense to feature him.
    Exactky. See Perkins, Josh... not a good blocker but good receiving TE. So what did we do with him? Made him our 2nd leading receiver in 2015 (which isn't saying much given how abysmal the receivers were last year but still). The offense will always have an overall style, but schemes get tweaked based on the talent available. And Bryant is definitely a unique talent that can open up a lot of new looks for the offense.