Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UCLA AD, and conference representative, goes rogue on satellite camps

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam
    It has to be unanimous? Fucking stupid organizations have fucking stupid rules
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

It has to be unanimous? Fucking stupid organizations have fucking stupid rules

No, Guerrero just did whatever he wanted knowing that Larry Scott has no power. What's he gonna do- drop Pac-12 Network coverage of UCLA games?
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    Good. Stay in Seattle Church school fags.

Loser attitude for a loser football program
    You mean like the entire SEC?
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    It's a no brainer to vote no to satellite camps if you're based out of southern california. With scholarship limits, why would you give free exposure to the 2nd/3rd tier athletes you pass on that have potential to be good to other programs?

Let them trickle to San Jose St. or get lost in the shuffle instead of developing in a P5 program and biting you in the ass 3-5 years down the road.

Of all the shit to bash UCLA on, this isn't one of them.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    edited April 2016
    Doogles said:

It's a no brainer to vote no to satellite camps if you're based out of southern california. With scholarship limits, why would you give free exposure to the 2nd/3rd tier athletes you pass on that have potential to be good to other programs?

Let them trickle to San Jose St. or get lost in the shuffle instead of developing in a P5 program and biting you in the ass 3-5 years down the road.

Of all the shit to bash UCLA on, this isn't one of them.

Yeah no shit. But how does UCLA get to vote on their own self-interest instead of the will of the conference? Can you imagine the Minnesota AD crossing Jim Delaney like that? I think not.

(On a side note I actually think the ban is in the self interest of UW as well. Increased exposure of Nebraska, Michigan, Oklahoma, et al in SoCal would not have been good for UW and I can't see CP taking huge advantage of the rule- he has his established process.)
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Super delegate. Hate the game, not the playa.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Bruins are fags. Water is wet.

#OurMora
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    edited April 2016
    Apparently Guerrero went rogue and was supposed to vote in favor of Satellite camps like the rest of the conference.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15283612/ucla-bruins-ad-dan-guerrero-voted-wrong-way-satellite-camps-pac-12-commissioner-says
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    AEB said:

When Mike Neal starts catching passes and scoring TDs, you'll have the strongest argument why the satellite camps work. UCLA/SC had zero interest. The non 4/5 star hyped kids benefit the most. Poor kids benefit. Shit, driving from Redlands to Westwood on a Saturday is ridiculously difficult. I'm with Pete on this: it serves UWs interest but it also serves the underrated kids who don't have the LPT peforming electronic fellatio on them via the twatters, text, snapchat, etc.

Dan Guerrero is no better then the coach in all the right moves. Asshole.

Pretty much this with a bullet ...

And for those that think that decreased competition is to our benefit, that's loser talk. The idea that Pete does have his process has merit. But at the same time, part of the deal for Pete and his coaches to be successful in executing that process is being able to get out in front of HS coaches and kids that have interest in the UW program. Not every kid is able to hop onto a plane multiple times to come to Seattle to visit the program and same for every HS coach.

Guerrero's excuse that he read the tea leaves and voted for the one that was the most consistent with the conference is BS. It's one thing if he called Larry Scott and said "hey, I'm seeing the tea leaves down here and it's looking like it is going to pass. Should we have an impromptu call with the ADs to discuss best course of action from here forward?" Or, it's another thing if during the meetings where the conference voted on this that they also agreed to a contingency plan on what happens if the conference's desired position wasn't looking like it was going to materialize. But by all accounts Guerrero went rogue and acted on his own.

In most walks of life, that's at minimum walking the line of a terminable offense.
    Tequilla said:

AEB said:

When Mike Neal starts catching passes and scoring TDs, you'll have the strongest argument why the satellite camps work. UCLA/SC had zero interest. The non 4/5 star hyped kids benefit the most. Poor kids benefit. Shit, driving from Redlands to Westwood on a Saturday is ridiculously difficult. I'm with Pete on this: it serves UWs interest but it also serves the underrated kids who don't have the LPT peforming electronic fellatio on them via the twatters, text, snapchat, etc.

Dan Guerrero is no better then the coach in all the right moves. Asshole.

Pretty much this with a bullet ...

And for those that think that decreased competition is to our benefit, that's loser talk. The idea that Pete does have his process has merit. But at the same time, part of the deal for Pete and his coaches to be successful in executing that process is being able to get out in front of HS coaches and kids that have interest in the UW program. Not every kid is able to hop onto a plane multiple times to come to Seattle to visit the program and same for every HS coach.

Guerrero's excuse that he read the tea leaves and voted for the one that was the most consistent with the conference is BS. It's one thing if he called Larry Scott and said "hey, I'm seeing the tea leaves down here and it's looking like it is going to pass. Should we have an impromptu call with the ADs to discuss best course of action from here forward?" Or, it's another thing if during the meetings where the conference voted on this that they also agreed to a contingency plan on what happens if the conference's desired position wasn't looking like it was going to materialize. But by all accounts Guerrero went rogue and acted on his own.

In most walks of life, that's at minimum walking the line of a terminable offense.
    I believe Guerrero's excuse, because it fits with his long history of being a fucktarded bureaucrat. If the vote was already DOA just vote the way the Conf told you to vote. Who cares at that point?

What an Idiot. Hopefully he gets fired over it.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

That post is soft just like your Foo,.... well you already know that huh ballbag?
    salemcoog said:

That post is soft just like your Foo,.... well you already know that huh ballbag?
    Since we? have a winning record against the huskies and coogs...I'll defer to your greater expertise of what constitutes soft.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

salemcoog said:

Since we? have a winning record against the huskies and coogs...I'll defer to your greater expertise of what constitutes soft.
    Soft is not being able to hold a lead at home with a minute left in the game when it was supposed to count for you.

But congrats on all of that domination that noone remembers.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

salemcoog said:

You get top 10 recruiting classes every year and get plungered by Stanford every year.

The South hasn't won one conference title since the PAC 12 began. UW kind of sucks. UCLA also kind of sucks. WSU really sucks.