Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kendyl Taylor: Where the hell is he?

Did I miss something. We could use him for pac12 play

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Who is Kendyl Taylor? Does he post here?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,764 Swaye's Wigwam
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    He's redshirting, of course. Why would you ever burn a kids redshirt when he's not going to play any meaningful minutes?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333

He should have been redshirted last year, but was not. He is being redshirted this year, and then will see where he fits in. He was mostly an RB last year, switched after we lost Callierand Cooper. He is not needed this year and originally was a receiver. So he still could be moved around. 35 carries and 14 receptions last year. He could be a Callier type back, or back at receiver.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Your eyes are as good as mine.
  • Global said:

He should have been redshirted last year, but was not. He is being redshirted this year, and then will see where he fits in. He was mostly an RB last year, switched after we lost Callierand Cooper. He is not needed this year and originally was a receiver. So he still could be moved around. 35 carries and 14 receptions last year. He could be a Callier type back, or back at receiver.
    He was our backup RB so no he should not have been redshirted at all last year.

With Sankey, Callier and Washington makes no sense to burn his RS this year. One of the few roster decisions that Sark has been correct on.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    He will be serviceable in his final years of eligibility. For now, he is the scout team RB/H-back.
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    edited September 2013
    Wait... so you can play a guy for a season, then sit him out a season and call that a redshirt? Can this be done without some sort of medical excuse?

I did not know that. I thought red shirting was always the first season... unless there were medical reasons.
  • Your_Mom said:

Wait... so you can play a guy for a season, then sit him out a season and call that a redshirt? Can this be done without some sort of medical excuse?

I did not know that. I thought red shirting was always the first season... unless there were medical reasons.

As long as they have eligibility you can redshirt them any season you choose to. Like when UW redshirted Cody Bruns for his original senior season in 2011.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333

Global said:

With Sankey, Callier and Washington makes no sense to burn his RS this year. One of the few roster decisions that Sark has been correct on.
    Actually he was a WR and shifted to RB after Callier went down and Cooper already had re injured himself last year. He did not play at RB until the fourth game, against Stanford. So he was not the backup RB when the decision was taken to play him as a true freshman. He was a WR and played as a WR against SD state in the opener, but he could have been redshirted. That was my point. Sark wanted him at WR, and then he was moved to RB later but already past the time for red shirting that season.

I fully support his red shirting this season. He is still listed at both WR and RB. Utility guy and very useful.
  • Global said:

Global said:

Actually he was a WR and shifted to RB after Callier went down and Cooper already had re injured himself last year. He did not play at RB until the fourth game, against Stanford. So he was not the backup RB when the decision was taken to play him as a true freshman. He was a WR and played as a WR against SD state in the opener, but he could have been redshirted. That was my point. Sark wanted him at WR, and then he was moved to RB later but already past the time for red shirting that season.

I fully support his red shirting this season. He is still listed at both WR and RB. Utility guy and very useful.
    He started our first two games at WR though. We were thin at WR with Johnson hurt, Aguilar/Kearse having graduated.

Remember we only had Kasen, Kevin Smith(for 2 games basically), Mickens(true frosh), Campbell(sucks) and Bruns who Sark didn't play until halfway during the season.

You kind of had to play Taylor last year. Now RS him this year makes a lot of sense.
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    Global said:

He'll fit in great at Montana.