Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hurry-up and Jump

Sixteen(16) Husky penalties for 130 yards against formidable Idaho State! Damn those practice scrimmage officials were being picky and burning way too much daylight on a beautiful Saturday afternoon at Montlake....... at least that's how it looked on my TV. In his sideline comments prior to entering the tunnel for halftime, Sark muttered something about the ten(10) first-half penalties having to do with confusion in our interior OL caused by the other guy's stunting. Whoa.... how shocking that a donut hole defense would know about such things!

A wise man once told me many years ago that gimmicks typically come along as a feather up the innovator's ass.... and for any gimmick to ultimately be successful, the feather must first be removed. Is Sark's Hurry-up offense the ass tickling distraction at the line-of-scrimmage that's keeping this innovation from better if not complete success? The UW offense has been practicing the Hurry-up since Spring practices and yet, I've never seen a Husky OLman have such a poor first quarter or first half as #64 had in Saturday's scrimmage. Was he flagged for three(3) or four(4) IP's?

I think we know what or who the ass-feather is that's giving Sark's Ferrari the yips. But can it be pulled out before Arizona arrives to demonstrate what a Pac-12 practice scrimmage looks and sounds like?

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Those are all a reflection of the head coach. And a real head coach in a jv scrimmage like that would have called a time out. Sat the whole Oline down, put in the 2s and told cozzetto to chew their asses out as long as necessary. But he didn't. Because he sucks.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Those are all a reflection of the head coach. And a real head coach in a jv scrimmage like that would have called a time out. Sat the whole Oline down, put in the 2s and told cozzetto to chew their asses out as long as necessary. But he didn't. Because he sucks.

I was thinking while watching that first quarter that there were enough empty seats somewhere (west end student section?) for the coaches to yank the three or four OL offenders and have them run stairs. Until something truly punitive is done, they won't get their heads out making ass chewing ineffectual if even possible.

• LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    Run them til they puke. Good instructions can be found in Pullman.