Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Seeds of Revolt and Revolution

2»

Comments

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,310
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

pawz said:

NEsnake12 said:

If Trump and Bernie both get fucked by their parties, I would love to see them agree to both run independent. 4 horse race instead of 2. Prevent anyone from hitting 270 and thereby create chaos.

That's an interesting proposition, but it would just send the vote to the House floor. The establishment still owns Congress. That means the establishment still wins.
    This is the real sticking point. Until we remove the Electoral College threshold needed to win the presidency, this two party system is going to remain the status quo. I don't fault the DNC or RNC for what they're doing; they're looking out for their best interests and have every right to do so as they are still private organizations. The problem is that there are way too many barriers to entry to allow an additional party (or parties) to compete on a level playing field with the Rs and Ds.
    We?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

If Trump and Bernie both get fucked by their parties, I would love to see them agree to both run independent. 4 horse race instead of 2. Prevent anyone from hitting 270 and thereby create chaos.

Chintriguing. I could stomach the idea of Bernie as President in return for the long term benefits. That's what any true Patriot would say.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,889
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited April 2016
    The two parties will fight hard to keep a real third party down.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Stop voting for the two parties who do this shit.

HTH
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don't blame me. I voted for Gary Johnson?