Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We don't know if the Huskies are any good yet.

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
edited September 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Ok..people who continue to say that now need to be cocked punched.

We know exactly who the are and how good they are. They are average to slightly above. 7-8 wins. Minor bowl. That's evident. They have some very good skill players. Very solid Running back, defensive backs, linebackers, quarterback, receivers. A below average DL overall, a below average Oline overall but still adequate. Below average head coach who isn't into details. Isn't into disciplined football. Is a good talkers, but not a good doer. We know this stuff. It doesn't take 4 or 5 games to "see how good BSU and Illinois are" to determine if those are great wins or not. We know.

Here is my most improved award. DBs. Remember our undersized and slow DBS playing 15 yards off the receivers? Remember when 3rd and 15 was almost an automatic first down? You'd almost rather have 3rd and one. That problem has mostly been fixed. So that's a plus. But after 5 gad damn years could they at least look sharp and disciplined? Two touchdowns called back yesterday? These mistakes will cost games when they other team is just as big, strong and fast. It will bite them.

Comments

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    So you're saying IAPO?
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Sark could get the HIV. You never know.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,971 Swaye's Wigwam
    TL DR fucker.

Besides you'll be eating crow once Pocatello proves to be the class of the lower tier of the Big Sky.

Maybe this is the year where we put away the bad teams and get enough lucky bounces to knock off one or two of the good ones. Sometimes average teams only have to be consistent about being average and get some timely luck to get to that magical 10 wins.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Damone, open your eyes ya fucking moron. Sankey "was" leading the country in rushing , and Price is throwing at a 70% clip for a reason. And it isn't because our o-line is below average and Cozz can't coach.

You sound like a doogie. Guys that pipe off and have been following football for 2 years. Anything you say is rubbish concerning the "football" aspect of husky football. Just stick to what your good at: picking apart what others have to say.

Fuck your analysis is worse than Yale's film study and position grades.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,971 Swaye's Wigwam

Just stick to what your good at: picking apart what others have to say.

I'd say pot meet kettle, except that you're not good at that either. Belligerence and tough guy language is not really a skill. You gotta use what you have though.
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    Stanford, Oregon, and whoever else has a running game will run 400 yds each on our "small but fast" DL.

All of the P12 schools that have above average QBs and above average receivers will throw 400 yds each on us.

So far we've beat a very down Boise St, a mediocre Illinois, and NAIA Div 5 school that even PLU would smoke.

The next next 8 games are going to be brutal.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    I smell the defensive ratings plummeting to the bottom of the conference rather quickly.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    I have to mostly agree with your analysis and there's a couple of things that even my old negatively biased eyes and ears couldn't miss:

First, I can't really recall a Husky squad at this stage of a new season performing as sloppily and undisciplined on the line of scrimmage as Sark's offense has the past two games. This is shocking to me, especially given how such slop and lack of discipline was mostly avoided in the first game against BSU.

Second, the athleticism, speed, and football talent demonstrated by Husky skill positions against mediocre to poor opposition thus far in two game and a scrimmage is better, perhaps far better than I've seen probably in 20 years.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited September 2013

Damone, open your eyes ya fucking moron. Sankey "was" leading the country in rushing , and Price is throwing at a 70% clip for a reason. And it isn't because our o-line is below average and Cozz can't coach.

You sound like a doogie. Guys that pipe off and have been following football for 2 years. Anything you say is rubbish concerning the "football" aspect of husky football. Just stick to what your good at: picking apart what others have to say.

Since I am sure you watch the lines carefully, you agree with me.

Sankey and Price are exceptional. The Oline is below average overall, but adequate. Like I said.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,875 Founders Club

Sankey and Price are exceptional. The Oline is below average overall, but adequate. Like I said.
    They're adequate as long as they stay healthy.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

They're adequate as long as they stay healthy.
    So baring injury?

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Pumpchumps!

• Ok..people who continue to say that now need to be cocked punched.

We know exactly who the are and how good they are. They are average to slightly above. 7-8 wins. Minor bowl. That's evident. They have some very good skill players. Very solid Running back, defensive backs, linebackers, quarterback, receivers. A below average DL overall, a below average Oline overall but still adequate. Below average head coach who isn't into details. Isn't into disciplined football. Is a good talkers, but not a good doer. We know this stuff. It doesn't take 4 or 5 games to "see how good BSU and Illinois are" to determine if those are great wins or not. We know.

Here is my most improved award. DBs. Remember our undersized and slow DBS playing 15 yards off the receivers? Remember when 3rd and 15 was almost an automatic first down? You'd almost rather have 3rd and one. That problem has mostly been fixed. So that's a plus. But after 5 gad damn years could they at least look sharp and disciplined? Two touchdowns called back yesterday? These mistakes will cost games when they other team is just as big, strong and fast. It will bite them.

Everyone just shut the fuck up and listen to this point. 16 fucking penalties would kill us against a real team. Damone is right on that. Also throwing away 14 points again would lose you a game against everyone in conference play but Colorado(only cause it's at home).
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,601 Swaye's Wigwam
    If our D-Line sucks as Damone says, then Arizona will gash us. They'll run their spread and run Kadeem whatever-his-name up the middle the whole day until someone besides Shelton can get through. Lose to Arizona and you can book a 5th straight year in which Sark has a 3 game losing streak, except this year it'll be 4 after we lose to ASU.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,875 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

If our D-Line sucks as Damone says, then Arizona will gash us. They'll run their spread and run Kadeem whatever-his-name up the middle the whole day until someone besides Shelton can get through. Lose to Arizona and you can book a 5th straight year in which Sark has a 3 game losing streak, except this year it'll be 4 after we lose to ASU.

I believe Kadeem Harrison is his name
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Kadeem Olajuwon
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,141 Founders Club
    It's Kadeem Abdul Jabari ya ignant butt sniffer.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    edited September 2013
    A shiny new stadium doth not a prosperous team make.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I thought Arizona's RB name was Kazaam?

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

A shiny new stadium doth not a prosperous team make.

Cal! True?