Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Braxton Burmeister

Should have news on where he is going in the next day or so.

If I had to guess right now it would be anywhere but UW because no one likes us.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    TTJ said:

He still has eligibility?

Edited to show BRAXTON BURMEISTER, not Brandon. I am a dumbass but everyone knows that anyways.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can anybody confirm that he actually visited UW over the weekend?
  • Options
    He's going to go to Indiana, COOK IT.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HuskyJW said:

Pass

Looks like a Clausen troll trying to make REAL Burmeisters look bad.

• Options
    And with this, Burmeister is gone. We just lost a QB recruit from California to Indiana most likely. Why Smith is employed is beyond me.

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

We?'re being out recruited by a basketball school. Go figure.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Gladstone said:

Who cares. In more important news, Coke, I have mailed Derek Johnson A Game of Thrones. I told him he has 3 months to get caught up and then we're starting our own HHB GoT podcast with Thomas.

Gotta do it when the show drops.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

And with this, Burmeister is gone. We just lost a QB recruit from California to Indiana most likely. Why Smith is employed is beyond me.

Full meltdown night in the Pepsi household
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Regardless, the QB position really doesn't matter THAT much in this class ... even though I know that both you and @Dennis_DeYoung are of the opinion that it really does.

Here's the situation as we know it right now ...

Browning will likely be the starter for at least the next 2, and quite possibly 3 years depending on how he develops his arm strength

Magna Carta probably values an education more than playing football at a shit school where his education and connections are worthless (see his brother that went to Vanderbilt) ... he strikes me as a kid that knows that he's leveraging his scholarship into the next stage of his life and is content with being in a position to be a backup starter as needed. He'll be graduating after the 2018 season as it currently stands.

Bridge-Gadd looks like he has a chance to be a reasonable QB for this program and could overtake Magna Carta as the backup in his RS Frosh year and/or be in a position to challenge as the starter as a RS Soph if Browning leaves as a Junior. Worst case is that he's in a position to compete for the starting QB job after Browning's 4 years as a RS Junior with 2 years to start in 2019

Sirmon is already committed for the 2018 class and is already being viewed as one of the elite QBs in the country in that class. Assuming Browning stays 4 years, he'll be in a position to RS behind Browning and DBG in 2018 and in competition to start in 2019 as a RS Frosh.

Here's the kicker ... because DBG will be redshirting this year and knows the pecking order with Browning, he had really no reason to transfer prior to Sirmon coming into the program. The odds that he leaves the program IF he loses the job as a RS Junior IMO would be very slim.

While you obviously want the best QBs possible in a class, the reality is that a smart QB (and let's be honest many QBs are smarter than the average recruit) will look at the depth chart and see that there are better situations elsewhere (i.e. at Indiana) with a clearer path to playing time. That's not a bad thing for Washington. What's important that we get in the 2017 class at the QB position is a player that has the tools and ability to be in a position to provide depth in case DBG or Sirmon flame out one way or another. This will also be true in the 2019 class.

IMO, the ideal recruiting strategy at the QB position is every other year to recruit a QB that you view as a multi-year starter and in the other years a QB that has tools that you may be able to develop but someone that you don't view as a huge flight risk as the depth at the position is needed. It's why someone like Magna Carta to me is valuable in a program because I expect that as he becomes a RS Junior or RS Senior that IF he was required to make a few starts that he'd be able to provide competent enough play that the team can win with him under center. What UW can offer that not every program can offer is the kind of quality education and networking opportunities in a city like Seattle that can set up a great start to a future career for a kid who is able to put "UW Quarterback" on a resume.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Looks like we're playing QB roulette again this year.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Who cares. In more important news, Coke, I have mailed Derek Johnson A Game of Thrones. I told him he has 3 months to get caught up and then we're starting our own HHB GoT podcast with Thomas.

I'm down bitches!
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Gladstone said:

I'm down bitches!
    Don't tease me. Cuz I'll fucking DO IT.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

I'm down bitches!
    Don't tease me. Cuz I'll fucking DO IT.
    We could also do a book club on the bored where we read some chapters each week and report back on the bored with our thoughts.... So many people would love it. DJ just needs to make us a GoT bored already!