Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

High School player declares for the NBA; League to decide if he's eligible

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    5th year of high school?!?

Da fuq is that all about?

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He's only a good player if you watch his youtube highlights... Gets shut down by any real teams. But there's no denying there's a sky high ceiling if he gets the right coaching over the next few years

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He redshirted.

I'd also like to point out that soccer players can go pro as soon as someone will pay them to play. People forget that.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is the pussy better in the D league or the campus? Want to ride a bus or fly?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This could open quite the door. Take a 5th year of high school or play a year in college? Personally, I like Bobby Knight's stance the best. Either go straight to the NBA from high school or play in college for 3 years.

I can't imagine why a kid would want to take a 5th year of high school instead of playing at Kentucky,or another big school.

Most kids don't enjoy going to Brewster or Hargraves. They I because they have to.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    edited April 2016

This could open quite the door. Take a 5th year of high school or play a year in college? Personally, I like Bobby Knight's stance the best. Either go straight to the NBA from high school or play in college for 3 years.

I can't imagine why a kid would want to take a 5th year of high school instead of playing at Kentucky,or another big school.

Most kids don't enjoy going to Brewster or Hargraves. They I because they have to.
    FUUUUUCK YOU, State B hater.

• Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Welcome to 1994.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's actually a good strategy for being drafted too. Scouts(just as we are) are horrid at guessing in the draft, especially on high ceiling types even with 1 year of college experience.

If you never play against anything resembling NBA talent other than AAU an agent can make you into whatever super hyped prospect they want. Everyone looks like an all-star in workouts.