Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Offensive Line Coach and Wide Receivers Coach

jimrdjimrd Member Posts: 0
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
I am wondering if the Off line Coach at U.W. is teaching , they seem to lack essentials in Blocking Technique .
Also have noticed in the past few years the lack of concentration and route running of the receivers, basics again seem to be the problem here, when was the last time the Huskies had a really good Receivers Coach. Catching the ball can be taught, with repetion of fundamentals, catching the ball with the hands , looking the ball in, staying relaxed , and not taking the eyes off the ball until the ball is tucked away. Route running is discipline, and running sharp routes. What do you guys think ??? Do these Coaches need replacing ??

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes, Sark needs to be replaced
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    Founders Club

The price tag for Gary Patterson right now is as reasonable as it ever will be.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

The price tag for Gary Patterson right now is as reasonable as it ever will be.
    1) Pattersons wife LOVES Ft Worth and he doesn't want his kids to swicth schools again
    2) He has a CONTACT
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Dougherty was the WR coach, pretty much explains sloppy routes and dropped balls. Sark losing him actually helps him
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Patterson is a 7-6 coach just like Sark now that he is in a real conference and has to have his team ready to play a BIG game every week.

See Utah.

Same thing would happen to CP @ Boise St if they ever joined a major conference.

FYI.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Patterson was 7-5 and that's based on one season. The man has won 11 games five different times and 12 games two different times. He also has appeared in and won a Rose Bowl. If you're going to turn your nose up at Patterson for the sake of keeping Sark, I can't help you.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,832
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

This.
  • Options

Patterson was 7-5 and that's based on one season. The man has won 11 games five different times and 12 games two different times. He also has appeared in and won a Rose Bowl. If you're going to turn your nose up at Patterson for the sake of keeping Sark, I can't help you.

No, he was 7-6. And that was his first year playing a REAL schedule. Then true to form I now must be a Sark lover.

Sorry, but I don't fall in love with these mid major coaches until they start playing some real competition on a weekly basis.

Whittingham was a HOT name before he joined the Pac 12, since then he is 13-12.
  • Options
    Oh, and Slick Rick won a Rose Bowl (not just APPEARED), but I don't want him back.

FYI.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oh, and Slick Rick won a Rose Bowl (not just APPEARED), but I don't want him back.

FYI.

I don't want don James back either. What's your point?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I love Sark. We can't do any better. He's awesome
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why would we take a chance on a proven defensive minded winning coach like Patterson when we have a guy learning on the job who is an offensive genius? Hez the best play caller in America. Everybody says so. Pool boy knows Husky fans love defense so Sark was a natural pick
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Herbstreit said Sark was a Top 5 playcaller in the Country and Woodys been listening. Defensive is overrated anyway ask Pete Carroll
  • Options

FYI.

Is read comprehension optional on this board? The dude stated GP appeared in a Rose Bowl, so he must be great. We will see how he does in the Big 12 on a yearly basis.

Man, between the Doogs and the lunatic fringe, what is a Dawg fan to do. I am not sold on GP so I must love Sark. The best argument ever.

If you must know, I was all for Will Muschamp, but after that Sugar Bowl debacle, who knows.
  • Options
    Just hire Mora after one 9 win season with Ricks talent. His .470 winning percentage in the NFL after 4 seasons doesn't count cuz he's Jim Mora and he's tough.
  • Options
    volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    until UW embraces a defensive culture first and foremost, we'll never be what we can/should be.
  • Options
    BAMAdawg10BAMAdawg10 Member Posts: 145
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

FYI.

Is read comprehension optional on this board? The dude stated GP appeared in a Rose Bowl, so he must be great. We will see how he does in the Big 12 on a yearly basis.

Man, between the Doogs and the lunatic fringe, what is a Dawg fan to do. I am not sold on GP so I must love Sark. The best argument ever.

If you must know, I was all for Will Muschamp, but after that Sugar Bowl debacle, who knows.
    So let me see if I understand you correctly. You're not sold on Gary Patterson because, even though he's made a habit of cranking out double-digit win seasons, he went 7-6 (like someone else we know) this year. You're also now on the fence with Will Muschamp, who only won 11 games in his second year of being a head coach, because his team had a bad bowl game. You wishy-washy on Brian Kelly now too?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rick's talent? We're still trying to recover from all the damage he did .....
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Good lord what strange logic.
  • Options
    Pool Boy has embraced the Sark culture of lowered expectations. Sark needs time to take the next step #duh. Kim says be patient and he knows Husky football cuz hes a managing partner and does Real Estate on the east side #stud