Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    cbi! cbi! cbi!
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Who?

Pumpy on Twitter
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Reading through the comments provided the most sane group of people I've read in some time. The occasional doog throws out the youth argument, or "who are you going to get", but overall sounded like a beat up crowd of UW fans finally coming to terms with romars time should be over.

JB is an embarrassment to all husky athletics. The hypocrisy from someone who attempts to make a living off the school and athletic department by calling other fans disloyal for wanting more than the occasional NIT bid is beyond embarrassing. What's embarrassing is acting as if you have any inside knowledge and making DM.C look relevant in their recruiting articles and picks.

Looking back at a jackass like JB just reminds me why Romar needs to go. The program is in such a state of apathy that fans, students and even players just go through the motions. The passion is barely there. What we saw early on in the season with this group was refreshing, then all of a sudden it changed with a few losses. That can happen with immature frosh, however it's romar(and staffs) job to right the ship as well as have more upperclassman to right the ship during the storm. He DOES NOT have the ability to coach in this atmosphere. He needs to go to a Yale, Harvard, etc where he's going to get 4 years out of all his players and he can be the stand up guy the university wants.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Listening to the Romar interview with Mitch this morning, it sure sounds like Murray and Chriss completely shut Romar out of their decision making process. Along with the fact that they both declared within 48 hours of the final game gives support to my earlier assertion that kids can't get away from Romar fast enough once they get here. Almost every kid he's recruited to the program during this tournament drought has left within 2 years. Likewise, almost none of them improved as a player from the time they came in.

Another issue is the fact that Romar seemingly had no back up plan if these guys left. He just now offered a JC kid who already had offers from half the country and is obviously not coming to UW.

A friend of mine who coaches college basketball told me last year that most local coaches see Romar as a guy who just shows up for the paycheck and doesn't put in the effort because he knows he's not getting fired. I'm thinking the players see that too once they get here.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

A friend of mine who coaches college basketball told me last year that most local coaches see Romar as a guy who just shows up for the paycheck and doesn't put in the effort because he knows he's not getting fired. I'm thinking the players see that too once they get here.

I have heard this from multiple HS/AAU/College coaches. There isn't a fire in his program.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    You don't need insider knowledge to see that.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Yeah for the nba shugnight. What has romar done for UW?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    His boss Scott Woodward was on cruise control with his feet up collecting paychecks. It set the tone.