Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington feeling the Bern

doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
72-27.

I'm surprised that I'm surprised.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2016
    It's harder to rig caucuses. You can't make people wait five hours to vote I guess.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Who cares. With all the super delegates it's not like he's gonna pick up any ground
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

dhdawg said:

Who cares. With all the super delegates it's not like he's gonna pick up any ground

I care. I want to see Bernie actually beat Hildabeast in real delegates, so that when the super delegates gift her the nomination it will be clear to everyone that she lost, but through DNC corruption was given it anyway.
    Hillary is focusing her time on the winner take all states.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

dhdawg said:

I care. I want to see Bernie actually beat Hildabeast in real delegates, so that when the super delegates gift her the nomination it will be clear to everyone that she lost, but through DNC corruption was given it anyway.
    Is CA winner take all?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

dhdawg said:

Is CA winner take all?
    No it goes by congressional district.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

dhdawg said:

Is CA winner take all?
    No it goes by congressional district.
    That was probably Bernie's best chance to eek out a win there and gobble up like 300 delegates (or however many of them are). I would assume the states that haven't voted yet look good for Bernie. I just want to see him top her in real delegates so the political machine that is the DNC can be exposed. I want the same thing for the GOP because I get the sense they are going to do everything they can to stop Trump, even though it is clear he is going to the convention ahead.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The baseball month of April is always special.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    All Washingtonians should be embarrassed.

Starting in 2009, Obama and a Congress under Democratic control shoveled hundreds of billions of more loans to kids for college. Now many of them have crushing debt burdens, which hinders their ability to buy their first house and participate fully (if at all) in their 401(ks) or their own IRAs. I'd also argue that their credit scores are lower (raising any financing costs across the board) which hurts their future efforts to start their own businesses (small businesses create most new jobs). Obviously the kids (and their families) bear some responsibility but I hold the Federal Government more so because it is taxpayer money.

So instead of trying to reform and right size the Federal Government, Bernie Sanders wants to double down on foolish policies and increase spending by $18 trillion? Royally screw things up, help put young adults behind the 8 ball, and then tell them you'll save them if they only vote for you.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    HFNY said:

Starting in 2009, Obama and a Congress under Democratic control shoveled hundreds of billions of more loans to kids for college. Now many of them have crushing debt burdens, which hinders their ability to buy their first house and participate fully (if at all) in their 401(ks) or their own IRAs. I'd also argue that their credit scores are lower (raising any financing costs across the board) which hurts their future efforts to start their own businesses (small businesses create most new jobs). Obviously the kids (and their families) bear some responsibility but I hold the Federal Government more so because it is taxpayer money.

So instead of trying to reform and right size the Federal Government, Bernie Sanders wants to double down on foolish policies and increase spending by $18 trillion? Royally screw things up, help put young adults behind the 8 ball, and then tell them you'll save them if they only vote for you.

Fuck off.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

Lol that's awesome. Yes totally Obama and Democratic Congress fault for more student loans.

While Bernie's plan is fucktarded, if you have too much student debt and can't get a job. Try sucking at life less.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Uh, if it wasn't the President and a Democratic Congress who passed the legislation, then who did?

2001400ex said:

HFNY said:

Lol that's awesome. Yes totally Obama and Democratic Congress fault for more student loans.

While Bernie's plan is fucktarded, if you have too much student debt and can't get a job. Try sucking at life less.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

Uh, if it wasn't the President and a Democratic Congress who passed the legislation, then who did?

2001400ex said:

HFNY said:

Show me the legislation you speak of. Komo4 buttfucker.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Tell me, who was responsible for the massive increase in Federal loans if it wasn't Obama and Congress?
    2001400ex said:

HFNY said:

2001400ex said:

HFNY said:

Show me the legislation you speak of. Komo4 buttfucker.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don't let the dumbass students who majored in cuntwaffling off the hook. Personal responsibility counts.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The increases have happened under Obama because of the skyrocketing costs of tuition. When GWs and the R's were in charge, interest rates were 2 to 3x what they are now, so people borrowed less. Truth is that encouragement of heavy borrowing started under Bill Clinton. He erroneously called it "financial aid" and trumpeted the increase in student loan availability a good thing. He did some good things about student loans under Sallie Mae, transferring a bunch to the Dept of Ed, reducing default rates. But more money chasing the same thing resulted in inflation and more borrowing. Like with healthcare, nobody was addressing costs. It actually took a Republican legislator in WA to get our state college tuitions reduced, so the Dems have egg all over their face on this. Maybe if they understood economics, this wouldn't happen.