Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Softy's 3/23 interview of Smiff. (Podcast Link)

2»

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I won't click on Softy's page. I hate him as much as I hate Kim. I hope he slides under an gas truck and tastes his own blood.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Mitch, Hugh Millen (fuck off), Holmgren, and Chuck Powell are the only people worth a shit on KJR. Furnace and "Slick Hawk" are tolerable.

I'll listen to Dave once a month when there are commercials and/or shitty songs on 7 other stations....
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Everything worthwhile requires sacrifice. It's worth enduring Softy once in a while to hear the uninspiring, nervous, twitchy voice of Smiff, just to remind us who to run out of town after the upcoming season. Information is power.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Mitch, Hugh Millen (fuck off), Holmgren, and Chuck Powell are the only people worth a shit on KJR. Furnace and "Slick Hawk" are tolerable.

I'll listen to Dave once a month when there are commercials and/or shitty songs on 7 other stations....

No.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Here you go, gents: https://player.fm/1ZWadu

Trigger Warning: Likely to produce shaking & vomit. Guaranteed to depress and confound.

Smiff sounds like a child lost in the forest.

Prediction: Forget 10-2. 9-3 will be a Tall Order with this guy on staff.

Turd, $mith will improve as the relative experience improves. You wont be complaining about smith when Washington is 5-0. Actually you will find something to complain about. Its what most armchair tardo's do. Example.. "Why didnt Smith use the TE more", after a 35 pt win vs Rutgers. Or "Why didnt Gaskin get more touches" after a hard fought squeaker at Arizona.

See, a W is never good enough for you. Every year you expect the '91 team. Oh wait, most of you wanks werent born yet!
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2016
    All he did in that interview was talk about individual players. That was it. No stratefy, run-versus-pass, nothing.

Hard to judge anything. "Some receivers graduated so others will have to step up. Blah blah blah." Any of us morons could've done that interview.
  • Options
    Pup: WTF are you talking about? Have you ever read my posts? Apparently not.

I've laid out the problems with Smiff in greater detail than almost anyone on these boards, from his on-the-job training, to his obvious lack of confidence in his players and himself, to the ridiculousness of allowing a highly paid OC to undergo on-the-job training at a few hundred Gs a year. He was an overachiever as a player, but he's an underachiever as a coach. The trickery shit, much like Patera's Seahawks or Willingham's teams, smacks of desperation, not confidence, and Smiff has made it so predictable, it fools no-one. That's bad coaching, Pup.

I expect the offense will improve as Jake and the O-line mature, and maybe that will reduce the heat on Smiff, but can the leopard change it's spots? From what I've seen and heard from Smiff so far, I really don't think so. As for the W not being good enough, go piss in the wind. What I expect is players playing to their potential, coaches coaching to their potential, proper use of talent and supreme effort from all involved. If we lose to a better team, I'm fine. Losing to inferior teams or giving away opportunities to steal a winnable game or two because we shoot ourselves in the foot and fail to seize the moment? That pisses me off more than anything.

By the way, did you listen to Smiff's interview, Pup? Does that inspire you with confidence? A big chunk of it was about Lindy moving to TE. Is that brilliance, desperation, or just wanting to reward a nice, but mediocre player, Pup? Just the kind of thing a program trying to rise needs, right?
  • Options
    Passion said:

All he did in that interview was talk about individual players. That was it. No stratefy, run-versus-pass, nothing.

Hard to judge anything. "Some receivers graduated so others will have to step up. Blah blah blah." Any of us morons could've done that interview.

Exactly @Passion: Does Smiff sound like a guy who's learned anything from his mistakes? Or a guy stuck in a rut of denial trying to stay positive?
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

TommySQC said:

I won't click on Softy's page. I hate him as much as I hate Kim. I hope he slides under an gas truck and tastes his own blood.

That's some dark shit man

You know me. Is that a surprise?

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Here you go, gents: https://player.fm/1ZWadu

Trigger Warning: Likely to produce shaking & vomit. Guaranteed to depress and confound.

Smiff sounds like a child lost in the forest.

Prediction: Forget 10-2. 9-3 will be a Tall Order with this guy on staff.

Turd, $mith will improve as the relative experience improves. You wont be complaining about smith when Washington is 5-0. Actually you will find something to complain about. Its what most armchair tardo's do. Example.. "Why didnt Smith use the TE more", after a 35 pt win vs Rutgers. Or "Why didnt Gaskin get more touches" after a hard fought squeaker at Arizona.

See, a W is never good enough for you. Every year you expect the '91 team. Oh wait, most of you wanks werent born yet!
    Are you going to stfu when they go 8-4 again?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

This might be the dumbest thing I've read all day. The correct answer is there is no one on that station worth listening to. The only thing worth hearing are the interviews with people like Petermen and even then it's questionable.
    You're the guy that hates the Seahawks though so...
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

This might be the dumbest thing I've read all day. The correct answer is there is no one on that station worth listening to. The only thing worth hearing are the interviews with people like Petermen and even then it's questionable.
    You're the guy that hates the Seahawks though so...
    True and maybe if I liked the Seahawks I could tolerate KJR. Nope, I doubt it. It'd be the same thing, I'd only be able to listen to the interviews and would change the station once any of the resident mouth breathers started giving their insight and analysis.