Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Poor poor Lindquist

Dawgs win 56-0 and Sark does not trust young Jeff enough to throw a pass.

Bets on his transfer? Of course, with Miles and a solid true freshman behind him red shirting, no surprise. Everyone knew either Miles or Lindquist would transfer when they were recruited together....

Comments

• Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    not blick enuf. hth
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    If we are to take Sark at face value, next spring camp will be entirely open competition. I doubt he would transfer before that. I am not willing to write him off just yet.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    After seeing how slow Cyler Miles throws a ball I'm betting on Troy Williams taking the snaps next year and both of them transferring at some point. That guy is gonna be a pick 6 machine if he doesn't fix that
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Global said:

Bets on his transfer? Of course, with Miles and a solid true freshman behind him red shirting, no surprise. Everyone knew either Miles or Lindquist would transfer when they were recruited together....

Did it occur to you that Sark wanted to give his backup some experience, since he hasn't yet, in any fucking game in 2 years?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    Miles is the #2 guy right now and needed a lot of series to help him get ready. Price is going to start taking some hits next week and it will get rougher after that.

I liked seeing the read option for the QBs. That needs to be a part of the offense next year. Price holds the offense back a bit by not being much of a running threat. Miles and Lindquist are both good at it, I think, and have the leg up on Brown because of that.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333

Global said:

Did it occur to you that Sark wanted to give his backup some experience, since he hasn't yet, in any fucking game in 2 years?
    Sure, it occurred to me. Did you watch the game?

Miles got lots of experience in the game, which is great.

But that has nothing to do with the point of this thread. After Miles got experience, Lindquist was put in to also get some experience. Apparently you are not aware of this fact? And when Lindquist was put in, all he was allowed to do was hand off the football. He was not allowed to throw a single pass. That is the point here. Following your logic, the second backup also should get some experience. But Sark limited Lindquist to just handing off the ball.

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Global said:

Global said:

But that has nothing to do with the point of this thread. After Miles got experience, Lindquist was put in to also get some experience. Apparently you are not aware of this fact? And when Lindquist was put in, all he was allowed to do was hand off the football. He was not allowed to throw a single pass. That is the point here. Following your logic, the second backup also should get some experience. But Sark limited Lindquist to just handing off the ball.

We were winning 56-0 against a FCS school. Sark is classy, and doesn't run up the score like some other coaches we ALL hate.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    A screen pass or bubble screen is the same as a hand-off in our offense. It is no big deal for a Husky QB to make a short pass behind the line of scrimmage. Even at 56-0, nobody could complain about that. But even though Lindquist has played in three games (he could have got in more, but it is only three), he has not thrown a single pass. Not one.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

Hugh Millen has to be fuming right now.

I know, right?! Because Hugh Millen is a ray siss!

Fuck off already
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    He could win a national championship at Eastern Washington.

Gavin would be ecstatic.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Global said:

A screen pass or bubble screen is the same as a hand-off in our offense. It is no big deal for a Husky QB to make a short pass behind the line of scrimmage. Even at 56-0, nobody could complain about that. But even though Lindquist has played in three games (he could have got in more, but it is only three), he has not thrown a single pass. Not one.

If you can't see that Sark is a classy coach then I can't help you.

Fucking nega.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    How m
    Global said:

Global said:

Only a handful of coaches throw the ball up 56-0 you ignant fuck. Those coaches are usually #1-3 in the country. Sark doesnt need to impress the voters. He's never ranked
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam

How m

Global said:

Global said:

Only a handful of coaches throw the ball up 56-0 you ignant fuck. Those coaches are usually #1-3 in the country. Sark doesnt need to impress the voters. He's never ranked
    YBE
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    edited November 2013
    Gladstone said:

If we are to take Sark at face value, next spring camp will be entirely open competition. I doubt he would transfer before that. I am not willing to write him off just yet.

Hopefully he'll stick around and compete. That makes them all better. But at some point, if he's not in the mix to start, he will have to ask himself where he is the order and if he wants to wait to get a chance or move onto another program. This is not a bad problem to have. Might even be appealing to a real coach.

• loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686

How m

Global said:

Global said:

PLSS for the win.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    He gets to bare pickle hot co-eds in the 2 hole every night while getting a free education while not having to do anything. Poor guy.
  • beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    lindquist isnt brightest bulb out there, reliable source indicated Wiliams out played him in spring, he should have bailed already and not wasted a year, he's no nick da pimp montana
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,380 Swaye's Wigwam
    Wait....we have three black QB's all smarter than the 1 white one?

Is this Bizarrro World?