Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Impressions on a rout

Nothing that happened in the second half matters at all. Great to see all those kids get experience, but it tells us very little about this year's team. The following comments relate to the first half only.

Our defense was fantastic; did exactly what you would expect a good BCS defense to do to an FCS school. Getting Kikaha back healthy is making a big difference.

The penalties and other mistakes on offense are a big concern. Sark said after the game the false starts were due to their D shifting illegally. I hope so. The sloppiness on ofense sucks.

But once again, just as in the first two games, whenever we make a mistake we get out of the hole with one or two big plays. This offense is like, one step back, then a giant leap forward. How long can we keep getting away with that?

The story remains the same: if we execute we are really good.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Nothing that happened in the whole game matters at all. Great to see all those kids get experience, but it tells us very little about this year's team. The following comments relate to the first half only.

Our defense was fantastic; did exactly what you would expect a good BCS defense to do to an FCS school. Getting Kikaha back healthy is making a big difference.

The penalties and other mistakes on offense are a big concern. Sark said after the game the false starts were due to their D shifting illegally. I hope so. The sloppiness on ofense sucks.

But once again, just as in the first two games, whenever we make a mistake we get out of the hole with one or two big plays. This offense is like, one step back, then a giant leap forward. How long can we keep getting away with that?

Obligatory fix.

Also, Sark is a fucktard. The defense can shift however they want as long as they don't cross the line of scrimmage.
  • AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Sark said their line was "stemming" just before the snap, which is illegal.

I'm just the messenger.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Nothing that happened in the second half matters at all. Great to see all those kids get experience, but it tells us very little about this year's team. The following comments relate to the first half only.

You aren't realizing how bad Idaho State is. They are the worst team in the Big Sky every single year. They have won ONE conference game since 2010. The last time they won two conference games in a season was 2007. The defense proved absolutely nothing today. Any Pac 12 team should be able to do what we did.

I'm just the messenger.

Sark was referencing 7-1-5-a-4:
    Player(s) aligned in a stationary position within one yard of the line of scrimmage may not make quick, abrupt or exaggerated actions that are not part of normal defensive player movement (A.R. 7-1-5-IV).

That practice is referred to as stemming.

Maybe he was right (I'm not about to look for video), but why is he complaining about that after a 56-0 win?
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Totally wrong. The second half does matter bc that gives us a good glimpse at the backups.

Totally wrong. The second half does matter bc that gives us a good glimpse at the backups.

We learn more about them in the fucking spring game that we did today. Better competition.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

We learn more about them in the fucking spring game that we did today. Better competition.
    HRYK

Not really. You can't simulate real game experience and this game was another 15 practices and four weeks into the season. Antavius Sims was the star of the spring game. Now he's the #8 WR.

Not really. You can't simulate real game experience and this game was another 15 practices and four weeks into the season. Antavius Sims was the star of the spring game. Now he's the #8 WR.
    Half the guys in front of him weren't on the roster for the spring game.

CHRIST.

Half the guys in front of him weren't on the roster for the spring game.

CHRIST.
    Thus proving my original point.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    Sark said after the game the false starts were due to their D shifting illegally.

#FireSark
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

I'm just the messenger.

I wouldn't believe Sark if he said, "Water is wet."