Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Two of the Best Players in California Visiting Next Week

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In some circles @Tequilla is seen as the most negative fan in the group...here he's accused of being a doog. I guess that just means he closer to the truth than most on here...
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Why would anybody want to go to USC at this point unless you have some kind of unique tie there?

The only two programs on the West Coast that are worth a shit right now are Stanford and UW.

I guess all six Scout top-100 2016 signees and both top-100 2017 verbals must have unique ties to USC.

How lucky can one program be?
    Bro, do you even forecast for a living?!?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Even if these guys don't sign at UW, just think of all the FREE PUB we're getting.

Maybe even a hat on the table
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Even if these guys don't sign at UW, just think of all the FREE PUB we're getting.

Bynum will come here if his Stanford offer gets lost in the mail. Wyatt Davis will not even remember Washington exists 3 months after he signs with Bama.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I get the advantages USC has with location, coeds, etc.

If you're a kid that grew up dreaming of playing for USC, you're probably going to jump at the offer.

But if you're not a lifelong USC fan and your family isn't a lifelong USC fan and you're looking for a winning program ... you can't honestly tell me right now that Clay Helton is inspiring confidence right now. That guy is so far over his head that it's insane.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

If you're a kid that grew up dreaming of playing for USC, you're probably going to jump at the offer.

But if you're not a lifelong USC fan and your family isn't a lifelong USC fan and you're looking for a winning program ... you can't honestly tell me right now that Clay Helton is inspiring confidence right now. That guy is so far over his head that it's insane.

Clay bleeds red and pisses yellow!

He is instilling discipline back in the program by turning off the practice music! off season workout attendance is at an all time high! i hear he's even taking the names off their jerseys! Everyone's talking about the difference between 2015 Helton interim and 2013 Helton interim.

LRR
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Tequilla said:

They don't give a shit about Sark or Helton or Kiff. For SC, they chose the school.

SC plays up that "Trojan family" "Trojan for life" shit. The youth leagues in LA are overrun with Trojans. There's major Trojan goodwill built up from indoctrinating these kids at a very early age.

May not play with all the kids, but it does with many.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

They don't give a shit about Sark or Helton or Kiff. For SC, they chose the school.

SC plays up that "Trojan family" "Trojan for life" shit. The youth leagues in LA are overrun with Trojans. There's major Trojan goodwill built up from indoctrinating these kids at a very early age.

May not play with all the kids, but it does with many.
    I totally get that ...

And most of those kids probably aren't going to USC or UW anyway ...

But for the kids that are going to the Bosco's, the Mater Dei's, etc. that make their decisions on far more than this was the school I grew up rooting for ... I wouldn't be giving two looks to USC at this point.

But the point about brainwashing the kids at a young age definitely has its advantages.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

You don't grow up in LA and not become a life long USC fan
  • Options
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

You don't grow up in LA and not become a life long USC fan
    Unless you like losers
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If Tequilla backpedals any farther Nick Holt is gonna offer him a scholarship.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ball bag deserved an up vote but fuck it
  • Options
    Ain't backpeddaling at all ... I think SC getting high end players with Clay Helton is FS ... I wouldn't want to, or send any kids of mine, there at all ... it's 100% FS

I get the dynamics down at SC and the SoCal area ... but it's 100% fucktarded ...

Look at what is going there and if you are a parent or kid with half a brain you wouldn't send your kid there
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Bynum will come here if his Stanford offer gets lost in the mail. Wyatt Davis will not even remember Washington exists 3 months after he signs with Bama.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2016
    Tequilla said:

Ain't backpeddaling at all ... I think SC getting high end players with Clay Helton is FS ... I wouldn't want to, or send any kids of mine, there at all ... it's 100% FS

I get the dynamics down at SC and the SoCal area ... but it's 100% fucktarded ...

Look at what is going there and if you are a parent or kid with half a brain you wouldn't send your kid there

So go on the record then: how many Scout top 100 kids will USC sign? Where will their class be ranked?

The rest is just equivocating and irrelevant crap. USC has a ton of pull nationwide let alone in SoCal and to pretend otherwise is delusional.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

Absolutely no idea if the context is good or bad.
    Either way it is interesting and makes me THINK and CARE
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    NEsnake12 said:

Absolutely no idea if the context is good or bad.
    This is good! We need to get him to commit ASAP.