Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

But who would we get that's better???!111!??? Who would possibly want to come here??!111??!1?

DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
Would you rather have Lynn Nance?????

Perfect example of this is A&M. Coming into the tournament they'd been to the Sweet 16 a total of 3 times in the school's history. UW has a MUCH better history in basketball than they do. They hire Billy Gillespie who has some tourney success and immediately parlays that into the Kentucky job. So they hire Mark Turgeon who does a real solid job and leaves to go to Maryland. They then hire Billy Kennedy, who has them as a 3seed this year. These 3 coaches were not ones that immediately would've come to mind when asked "who can we get that's better?", etc. Gillespie was the coach at UTEP, Turgeon the coach at Wichita St and Kennedy the coach at Murray State.

I find this an intriguing example because they had 2 coaches leave for "better opportunities" in less than 5 years and all they did was go out and hire a solid candidate each time (I GUARANTEE if Kennedy leaves, Pool Boy will get lazy and hire Rick Stansbury, the top assistant and one-time coach of Jarvis Vanardo, doog legend). We all know this "who would actually come here?" bullshit is pure bunk but this is just another example of you never know who's interested and you can't answer this question until you ask...and usually once you do, you get a pleasant surprise. You can even get lucky at the right time, as Pool Boy no doubt discovered. Wichita's coach decided to stay a couple years ago but who says the answer will be the same next year? I admittedly know nothing about the coaching style of said coaches, but I guarantee Northern Iowa's or SFA's or Hawaii's coach would give their right nut to coach UW's talent. Although I just watched UNI's meltdown against A&M and that would make me extremely leery. But point is, doogs don't realize how many good basketball coaches there are around the country. And the good thing is we already have decent talent, if a coach failed to do anything in 2 years we pretty much know he's not the guy. To which you fire his ass and play the musical chairs game until you get it fucking right. What's the worst that could happen? Miss the top 68 5 straight years? Exactly. Fuck you Todd Turner. Fuck you Emmert. Fuck you Pool Boy. Fuck you Tits McCohen. And most of all, fuck you doogs for allowing mediocrity to become the new benchmark.

And next time some doog asks me if I'd rather have Lynn Nance????11!!?? I'm going to say 'as a matter of fact, yes.' At least I know he's shit and will get fired in 3-4 years instead of getting a lifetime contract for being a "good guy". Fuck.

Comments